CCT Replacment

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
monaro427

CCT Replacment

Post by monaro427 »

Well just about half way through, this but went to check my cam RI and RE it looks like the RE is a little lower than the RI marking, now does that mean it may have slipped a tooth and if so should i move it back that 1 or 2 teeth how many it takes to line up, just wanted to share and get some expert advice before i carry on. It was running sweet as before i took it of the road to do this. And i must say a bit of wasted space under that tank with that huge air box :beer:
Hairy biker

Re: CCT Replacment

Post by Hairy biker »

The timing marks on mine were a little bit out of line as well, you'll probably find if you move it round one tooth it'll be too far the the other way, it seems on these engines near enough is good enough.even though I turned the engine over by hand first i still had sweaty palms the first time I flicked the starter switch.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most
monaro427

Post by monaro427 »

Cheers for the reply, i might leave it cause the cam lobs seam to be pointing at the same mark say bolt or point on a bolt so we will see 8O
Watty

Post by Watty »

Tis the norm mate, had the same with mine :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
nt1980

Post by nt1980 »

Same here when i did my two bike :)
1998 black vtr (mods cbr900 fork conversion, ohlins rear shock, ohlins steering damper, prolite discs brembo master cylinder, goodridge braided lines, harris rear sets, Quick shifter,Mario Fairing, etc)
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

The cam chain stretches over time and as long as it's not one tooth out it'll be fine
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Just set to the nearest tooth- without lots of work slotting cams and degreeing them in that's all you can achieve.
There's no noticeable performance gain or loss- the dyno will tell but you won't be able to feel it on the roads.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
darkember

Post by darkember »

I concur with all the above as mine is also the same.
monaro427

Post by monaro427 »

Hi Guys, just wanting to know what the torque settings are for the cam chain guide, is there a sheet on here that has all torque settings :?:
Hairy biker

Post by Hairy biker »

Can chain guide blade- 23Nm
monaro427

Post by monaro427 »

Cheers Hairy biker, is there a some where in here that has like all the torque settings as well
Hairy biker

Post by Hairy biker »

I'm not sure,if you need any more either ask on here or send me a pm, I've got most of the tech data for the bike :thumbup:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Hairy biker wrote:I'm not sure,if you need any more either ask on here or send me a pm, I've got most of the tech data for the bike :thumbup:
Excellent! Can you let me know the Bhp and torque differences from degreeing the cams in 5 degrees each, and individually?
That'll save me some dyno money....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Hairy biker

Post by Hairy biker »

:confused well, I can save you some dyno money......... If your bike feels like it's running ok, it is. If it feels like it's not running ok, it's not. :lol:
monaro427

Post by monaro427 »

Well got the cct's replace with manual ones, Then the wifes uncle suggest we check the valve clearances will we are at it, so will be doing that next week once i get some feeler gauges, got the chain adjusted to 5-7 mm slack as per instructions and hand turned it over and all is well as can be, :D