TT Meet up.

General Biker Banter
Watty

TT Meet up.

Post by Watty »

If anyone who is on the island next week fancies meeting up for a brew one day pm me your phone number and we'll try and arrange it :thumbup: . I get there Mon afternoon and leave Thursday morning but may try and stay on a little longer depending on weather etc. :?
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
budd

Re: TT Meet up.

Post by budd »

Have great time on the Isle I'd have been up for a meet but not going this year :sad2 we're going to the Manx GP instead :D BTW a word of warning obviously for TT fortnight the Mountain section Ramsey (waterworks ) to Douglas (brandiish) is one way with no speed limits but the rest of the TT course now does have speed limits, previously quite a lot of the course was limit free, Ginger Hall > Greeba, Ballacriane > Kirk Micheal, Ballacry > Sulby etc were all once limit free and included iconic sections like cronk-y-voddy and quarry bends to name but a few however this is now not the case and now these are all subject to speed limits.
Over the last few years more and more speed limits have been introduced and it's now to the point where only the Mountain section is limit free, sure there are un-limited roads off the TT course but these are generally so poor the condition of the road itself limits speed.
And even the Mountain is heavily Policed reckless driving, dangerous driving and a Manx special offence called furious driving are all available to the Police and they aren't tolerant to any kind of misbehaviour or foolishness .
Like I said have a great time but be carefull.
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
budd

Post by budd »

budd wrote:Have great time on the Isle I'd have been up for a meet but not going this year :sad2 we're going to the Manx GP instead :D BTW a word of warning obviously for TT fortnight the Mountain section Ramsey (waterworks ) to Douglas (brandiish) is one way with no speed limits but the rest of the TT course now does have speed limits, previously quite a lot of the course was limit free, Ginger Hall > Greeba, Ballacriane > Kirk Micheal, Ballacry > Sulby etc were all once limit free and included iconic sections like cronk-y-voddy and quarry bends to name but a fewyou could ride pretty much flat out, however this is no longer the case as speed limits are now in place, it may be that some of these limits are lifted for the TT but I seriously doubt it.
Over the last few years more and more speed limits have been introduced and it's now to the point where only the Mountain section is limit free, sure there are un-limited roads off the TT course but these are generally so poor the condition of the road itself limits speed.
And even the Mountain is heavily Policed reckless driving, dangerous driving and a Manx special offence called furious driving are all available to the Police and they aren't tolerant to any kind of misbehaviour or foolishness .
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Watty

Post by Watty »

budd wrote:Have great time on the Isle I'd have been up for a meet but not going this year :sad2 we're going to the Manx GP instead :D BTW a word of warning obviously for TT fortnight the Mountain section Ramsey (waterworks ) to Douglas (brandiish) is one way with no speed limits but the rest of the TT course now does have speed limits, previously quite a lot of the course was limit free, Ginger Hall > Greeba, Ballacriane > Kirk Micheal, Ballacry > Sulby etc were all once limit free and included iconic sections like cronk-y-voddy and quarry bends to name but a few however this is now not the case and now these are all subject to speed limits.
Cheers Budd, I'm aware of the above as I'm a regular but its good to reiterate and point it out as some people may not realise 8O . I think the new format gp is the way forward :thumbup: .
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

Watty wrote:If anyone who is on the island next week fancies meeting up for a brew one day pm me your phone number and we'll try and arrange it :thumbup: . I get there Mon afternoon and leave Thursday morning but may try and stay on a little longer depending on weather etc. :?
PM sent :thumbup:
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
Watty

Post by Watty »

cheekykev wrote:
Watty wrote:If anyone who is on the island next week fancies meeting up for a brew one day pm me your phone number and we'll try and arrange it :thumbup: . I get there Mon afternoon and leave Thursday morning but may try and stay on a little longer depending on weather etc. :?
PM sent :thumbup:
Pm back at ya :D
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
budd

Post by budd »

Watty wrote: Cheers Budd, I'm aware of the above as I'm a regular but its good to reiterate and point it out as some people may not realise 8O . I think the new format gp is the way forward :thumbup: .
I must admit I really like the MGP or Isle of Man Festival of Motorcycling as it was known last year (not sure if this new name is permanent), don’t get me wrong the TT is great but it’s not what it used to be in terms of riding your bike on the course. To me the racing was always secondary and what really enjoyed was the lack of speed limits on much of the course and the fact you could ride at speed with relative impunity.
But in recent years the consent reduction to these derestricted areas as meant many riders now focus on the one way mountain section and ignore the rest of the course. And while the one way system that is in place over TT fortnight is an undoubted success and as definitely contributed to the improvement in overall safety at the event, these is a down side. Previously you’d tend to ride the whole course as a lap fast through the derestricted bits slow through towns and speed limited areas this was great but now rather than the riders been spread out over 37miles there is now a greater concentration solely on the mountain section, which can be pretty daunting.

Maybe I’m getting old (Ok I’m getting old) but nowadays I’m finding riding the mountain section during TT a bit intimidating if not flat out scary (pun intended), not only do you have to worry about faster riders coming up behind you have slower and out-and-out slow riders to contend with in front this coupled with the sheer volume of riders is pretty daunting, I’ve been going regularly for nearly 25 years and have a reasonable track knowledge so don’t have that to worry aboutthat aspect of it too much, it must be quite a culture shock for a first timer on a big modern sports bike.

I still love the TT but for me the Manx is just a better fit, not as frenetic as the TT, just a bit more relaxed which suits me better, best situation would be been able to go to both but I can’t make that happen this year , maybe next year. :D
scouse645

Post by scouse645 »

i will be there on the wednesday the 28th, i would meet up for a brew, if you had time between then and going home.
vtwin goody

Post by vtwin goody »

Just got back, the weather was glorious when we left, av a good un lads
partygirl

Post by partygirl »

pm sent,, we there from friday 30th till monday 9th :) :)
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

partygirl wrote:pm sent,, we there from friday 30th till monday 9th :) :)
We're already here until Sunday night :D :D :D
Sent you a PM with our phone nbr :thumbup:
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
marlbororman

Post by marlbororman »

cheekykev wrote:
partygirl wrote:pm sent,, we there from friday 30th till monday 9th :) :)
We're already here until Sunday night :D :D :D
Sent you a PM with our phone nbr :thumbup:

Oh yer on the same ferry :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin
Watty

Post by Watty »

Just got back today, had a cracking time :D . Met up with cheeky Kev/Sue/Ads and had a ride out with Kev and Ads yesterday which was nice. Great to meet you guys and to put more faces to names :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
marlbororman

Post by marlbororman »

on the ferry now :-)