helmet got stolen....

General Biker Banter
Jscobey

helmet got stolen....

Post by Jscobey »

last night, while at a buddys, i accidently left my helmet sitting in my bike, which i usually never do. came out later to find some bell end had ran off with it. my gloves were inside as well. thankfully i was wearing my $30 gloves and not my $200 pair. tossers. who steals a helmet? a used and not very pretty helmet? had to buy a new one today but couldnt shell out enough for the same one so i had to go with a cheaper model. better the helmet than the bike. the world is so damn selfish these days. thankfully my mate rides and i was able to borrow his, otherwise id be stranded.

you boys over yonder have troubles like this or can you trust the general public?
High Hindles.SP1frontend.SP2&900rrwheel.Ohlins.SAbrace&spools.AllBalls.jetkit.JE 11.5:1 Pistns.Stg 1 Cams. HPowerstacks.HRCthrtl.SSlines.RadMC.WveRtr.LtWtFlywhl.LEDtail.mosfet.MCCT.DePair.Tailtidy.DM rrsets.Lower.Carbonadis.hugger.sliders.
seb421

Re: helmet got stolen....

Post by seb421 »

leave anything here it will get stolen, if i cant see it, it doesn't come with me

the recent spate of bike thefts from Brands this year has put me off taking my bike to Oulton park, as basically any one can take your bike out of the place as their is no check made or anything and staff are few and far between

ive had stuff stolen off my bike before at Oulton park and given hor brazen they are with theft here im not risking my beloved sought after K6 this year
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Yes same here. If it's not screwed down it's gets stolen or they come back the next day with a screwdriver. Any big town or city things will go missing. Little country villages can be a little different as they still have communities with community spirit. If someone found something you lost in the street, it would get left at the village shop or somewhere for the owner to find again. Though saying that, crime is on the increase in those kind of places as the idiots come in from the city's seeing the country villages as easy targets to rob

Unfortunately the rich and poor divide is getting bigger. We have a country run by morons. Homelessness is on the increase, People have less morals or respect, plus the huge increase in immigrants and were only a small island, so there are lot more thieves around these days. This is how for want of a better word a lot of them earn a living as they have no other choice. Some will say they do it to feed their drug habits which some do. But what people forget is that a lot of drug habits are a consequence of being poor and homeless. Then you just get the arseholes who will do just because they can.

(:-)
==============================Enter the Darkside
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

cybercarl wrote:Yes same here. If it's not screwed down it's gets stolen or they come back the next day with a screwdriver. Any big town or city things will go missing. Little country villages can be a little different as they still have communities with community spirit. If someone found something you lost in the street, it would get left at the village shop or somewhere for the owner to find again. Though saying that, crime is on the increase in those kind of places as the idiots come in from the city's seeing the country villages as easy targets to rob

Unfortunately the rich and poor divide is getting bigger. We have a country run by morons. Homelessness is on the increase, People have less morals or respect, plus the huge increase in immigrants and were only a small island, so there are lot more thieves around these days. This is how for want of a better word a lot of them earn a living as they have no other choice. Some will say they do it to feed their drug habits which some do. But what people forget is that a lot of drug habits are a consequence of being poor and homeless. Then you just get the arseholes who will do just because they can.

(:-)
Sad but true :Argue 1:
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

where I live there are several vans trawling round "collecting" scrap. if you leave anything out the front of your house theres a fair chance it will be gone.

my stepdaughters bloke left a giant old style, widescreen telly , without the remote, outside his house . it must have weighed about a half a hundredweight and was about a cubic metre in size for ten minutes whilst indoors getting his car keys and it was gone ?

luckily he was on the way to the tip to dump it so saved him the job :lol:

same blokes mum caught some thieving gits making off with some brand new ,still in their wrappers, replacement UPVC windows that were being delivered to her house !! leaning on the side wall about 25 feet from the pavement in her front garden.

when questioned the charming eastern European bloke said he thought they were being thrown away ??
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Funny you should mention that, but when I lived in Dagenham, I had the builder round to remove the fireplace and brick up the entrance, the fireplace was made out of solid metal, I kid you not the builder left the fireplace outside, came in to talk to me for a few minutes went back out and it was gone.

Never have I seen anything like that, I didn't mind because it saved me scrapping it, but what pissed me off was one morning I see one of these vans pull up and shove someone push bikes in a scrap open top van the blokes smiled at me and quickly drove off I didn't get there number plate.

Also with the Polish, my mate was moving he was putting all the stuff outside the front of his house waiting for the removal van, and when he went out there was loads of Polish sorting through stuff like it was some kind of yard throw out, he told them to wombles off :lol:
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

"Also with the Polish, my mate was moving he was putting all the stuff outside the front of his house waiting for the removal van, and when he went out there was loads of Polish sorting through stuff like it was some kind of yard throw out, he told them to wombles off"

On the continent anything left outside is fair game for recycling...

http://www.toytowngermany.com/lofi/inde ... 09343.html
In smaller towns and in the country there's a day every three months for disposing of "Sperrmüll" - larger items such as furniture, which would otherwise be a bit difficult to dispose of. You just pile the stuff up on the payment and a lorry comes round and collects it. The range of things which you can dispose of in this way is limited (we are in Germany, after all!), but in practice anything you put out that might be remotely useful will disappear into the back of a Polish van within minutes, so nobody really bothers too much about what's allowed and what's not.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I think that's a good idea. They should dedicate one day a month for this over here. It would save having to pay the council to take bigger items away or go to the recycling centre. And it's only going get get worse with the state of refuge in this country, with the bin men wont take this or that or they will only take that if it's in that colour bag not that colour bag or bin or whatever else they can come up with to complicate things. :lol:

There would have to be strict rules in place as to which day of the month this was and anything with a notice on it as not rubbish cannot be taken and will be classed as theft if taken.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Wicky wrote:

http://www.toytowngermany.com/lofi/inde ... 09343.html
Well I suppose, but its not fair game when the boxes are labelled and they have had to physically tear the tape off and open them up. :lol:
Furrybiker

Post by Furrybiker »

Where I live we have the usual metal collectors, but they actually ask if they can take things! I left left a rusty old barbeque on the pavement, door bell rings "Hello is ok to take?"
Now he may have been sizing the place up but this has happened before... 8O
Beleif

Post by Beleif »

I lost my jacket in London, with phone and wallet containing £200. My Mrs got a call in Inverness from someone saying he'd send it to us.

She said take money for the trouble and get yourself a few beers.

It arrived 2 days later with £200 still in, so they're not all bad in big cities.

Another time I was in hospital and my insurance had run out on GSXR, someone decided to steal it then.

Post by Image »

Sounds like stupid thieving kids to me. They'll steal anything that isn't bolted down on both sides of the pond.