Reregister a Isle of Man bike

General Biker Banter
oorwullie43

Reregister a Isle of Man bike

Post by oorwullie43 »

Hi all, I'm trying to fill in the paper work for getting a U.K. Plate for my bike and it's a bit of a pain in the a-se :( Has any one done this or could some one give me advice on the subject? Because it's a 1998 Storm I can't find a Certificate of Conformity and when I read the notes all they say is get the info from the CoC! How am I supposed to know the emission figures and type approval number? Sorry I'm having a rant 8O Help please! :?
Wicky

Re: Reregister a Isle of Man bike

Post by Wicky »

re Certificate of Conformity

Contact Honda UK

http://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/your ... questions/
If your motorcycle is younger than June 2003 then you should be able to apply using your VIN for a COC (certificate of conformity) - these can be posted directly to you, there is no charge for this service. Please email us at customer.servicemc@honda-eu.com including your full VIN number and your address details. We expect these to be posted with 5-7 working days.
Problem could be that CoC only applies for bike newer than 2003… So back to asking DVLA
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
oorwullie43

Re: Reregister a Isle of Man bike

Post by oorwullie43 »

Aye, that seems to be the problem. I called them today and got some foreign guy and all he seemed to be interested in was getting £30 out of me for a year of manufacture letter! Ended up hanging up on him. Had enough for today, at least I got her through the MOT so that bits done, I'll worry about the rest tomorrow. Thanks for the advise, might give them another go later in the week.