Has anyone fitted SP1 engine/FI system in Firestorm?

General Bike chat
ian.moore21

Has anyone fitted SP1 engine/FI system in Firestorm?

Post by ian.moore21 »

Could anyone advise me as to how easy it was, How much it was and where to get from (i guess a breaker or new).

Cheers

Ian M :lol:
BP team

Post by BP team »

your idea interest me, i ll ask on the french board the same question but i 'm not sure it has ever been done?
Oliv'
4bangthis996

Post by 4bangthis996 »

i've also wondered the same thing.

hope it can be done youd probably have to get the rc's rear suspensionand swingarm. which would be cool too.
Adeptus Mechanicus
BP team

Post by BP team »

i ask on the french board and a guys answered me something like

as he know they are no correspondance between these two engine. You would have to adapte the tank and the fuel pump, fuel under presure flow, and other things like injectors, calculating unit, relaod it to adapte it to the specifique firestorm engine...
even if you manage in 10 or 20 years to something working, you won't have much hp!
you should better buy an sp1, it will be cheaper and sure more efficient..

I still haven any answer on adapting a complete engine, but i don't think it could be easy...

Oliv'
rumbler

SP/Storm?

Post by rumbler »

If you just want more power it would be easier to get Roger at Revolution to sort out the engine. Probably even easier and cheaper to buy an SP and stuff some padding in the seat and raise the bars though.
Bink

Post by Bink »

Rumbler, you haven't posted much yet but what you say makes sense :wink:
vtrsteve

Post by vtrsteve »

I think there will be some fundamental issues with the frame as the SP1 swingarm fits to the frame not the gearbox like a firestorm......

As above I can't see the point in doing it, better to start with an SP1 and rework that....hmmm..... chop the fairing, renthals.........
tradedog

sp1 to vtr engine swap

Post by tradedog »

I read somewhere recently that the only common components between a Firestorm and SP1 motor were the valve clearance shims. Also think I am correct in saying that the swingarm on an SP1 does bolt to the engine casing, the frame extends down there, but don't play no part.
MDJ

Post by MDJ »

I did hear a rumour that PDQ Dyno in south London had fitted a fuel injector system to a storm, I'm told this was in the earlier days, pre SP1. I never did confirm this but is your fortunate it could be worth a look in, thoi financialy it will probably be somewhat counter productive.
I got knocked down, but i'll get up again and you'll never ever keep me down!
stormsmasher

Post by stormsmasher »

If you really wanted fuel injection on a Storm then a good place to start would be the big Varadero since the latest version has a sort of VTR engine with injection.

Hope this helps.

Daz