Silver Storm for sale

Moderator: VTRDark

StuartWags

Silver Storm for sale

Post by StuartWags »

I will be putting this on ebay at £1400 and offers. It is a solid bike but my winter project Storm is about done.

Will accept a sensible offer, cash, off of ebay

http://s1313.photobucket.com/user/Stuar ... t=3&page=1

40,600k on R Reg in a tidy condition with plenty of history.
I bought it for a sunny day winter bike whilst i worked on my other bikes over the winter. I got it with a tad under 40k. It is now on 40600 and likely to increase slightly until sold.
Being a VTR sad case i worked on it more than rode it, partly due to the weather.
I have had 7 Firestorms so far and this is pretty standard but runs really good, still does as it should. I have had Firestorms with 7500 on the clock that did not go as well.
Milage can be tracked through old MOTs and Service documents (book stamped up to 35K).

This bike wants for nothing and is ready to ride.

Good stuff.
Data tagged with documents.
Last MOT had advisory on pads (37688), they have been changed since then.
Oil, oil filter and air filter at 40k by me.
New tyres at 40k (Maxxis, SuperMaxx Touring M6029).
New clutch fluid, brake fluid and coolant.
Fork bottoms resprayed.
New fork oil.
Rear suspension stripped and greased.
Cam chain tensioners (CCTs) have been change but still on standard. This is a weak point on Firestorms.
Service history and mileage is ok based on the book and other documentation.
No evidence of crash damage.
Braided hoses on the front.
After market indicators (visible ones).
Chain and sprockets have got plenty of life
Goes, stops and turns like it should do.
Excellent forum / support from VTR1000.org including ride outs and workshop days.

Bad stuff.
Not really any to be honest.
The paint has some scrapes here and there but you need to look for it. I would say it is in good condition for age.
Small dent in tank but again i would have to show you to notice.
Cannot verify the age of the CCTs. Most people fit manual ones (see VTR1000.org)
MOT and TAX end of may. However, i have been over this from nose to tail and i am confident it will pass it next MOT.