Internal cleaning !

General Bike chat
lloydie

Internal cleaning !

Post by lloydie »

Just got back from picking up my 19l tank :-) and gave it a once over :wonker: .
Now when it was painted it looks like it wasn't seal and spray made it's way into the tank :-( shame but but never mind .
I'm looking for a good liquid chemical that will strip it anyone have an idea what to use ?
leevtr

Re: Internal cleaning !

Post by leevtr »

lloydie wrote:Just got back from picking up my 19l tank :-) and gave it a once over :wonker: .
Now when it was painted it looks like it wasn't seal and spray made it's way into the tank :-( shame but but never mind .
I'm looking for a good liquid chemical that will strip it anyone have an idea what to use ?
Only thing I can think of is the obvious...Nitromors. But cant see you'd want to use that. Will the paint come off with petrol ?? If not, cant you leave it there, maybe just check the filter once in a while.

Just a thought
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

leevtr wrote:
lloydie wrote:Just got back from picking up my 19l tank :-) and gave it a once over :wonker: .
Only thing I can think of is the obvious...Nitromors. But cant see you'd want to use that. Will the paint come off with petrol ?? If not, cant you leave it there, maybe just check the filter once in a while.

Just a thought
No filter in there !! I'd rather get it cleaned out before use as I don't want it clogging up a new filter when I fit it . It's soft ish pant just rub it hard and it flakes off .
Thought about nitromors but want something runny to aide it's own removal .
mattycoops43

Post by mattycoops43 »

Swill it with petrol, then drain it, I would be very surprised if petrol doesn't get it off and if that doesn't shift it, I wouldn't worry too much.
Budget storm gradually on the road to spangliness.
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

Cellulose thinners
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

leevtr

Post by leevtr »

lloydie wrote:
leevtr wrote:

Just a thought
No filter in there !! I'd rather get it cleaned out before use as I don't want it clogging up a new filter when I fit it . It's soft ish pant just rub it hard and it flakes off .
What about just fitting a couple of inline filters for a while, till youre confident theres nothing coming out, then switch back to the tank filter. The inlines are only a couple of quid a pop.
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I'm looking at this but don't know if it's runny enough http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291055294891? ... 26_rdc%3D1
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

leevtr wrote:
lloydie wrote:
leevtr wrote:

Just a thought
What about just fitting a couple of inline filters for a while, till youre confident theres nothing coming out, then switch back to the tank filter. The inlines are only a couple of quid a pop.
Yep could do and as I'll be using a pump flow won't be a problem
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Paint thinners a good swill then wash out with petrol
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
magnum

Post by magnum »

Just a thought try a brush cleaner diluted and leave over night will need a good swill out after and don't get it near paint you want to keep.
"It may be yellow but it ain't no chicken"
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

magnum wrote:Just a thought try a brush cleaner diluted and leave over night will need a good swill out after and don't get it near paint you want to keep.
Won't that only work if the paint is still wet ?
Gazfirestormowner

Post by Gazfirestormowner »

Where I used to work the guys used to use gun wash thinners to clean all the old paint off their spray guns and equipment used to work a treat
magnum

Post by magnum »

lloydie wrote:
magnum wrote:Just a thought try a brush cleaner diluted and leave over night will need a good swill out after and don't get it near paint you want to keep.
Won't that only work if the paint is still wet ?
Sorry ment brush restorer
"It may be yellow but it ain't no chicken"
chrisnic

Post by chrisnic »

Cellulose Thinners should shift it..... :thumbup:
tattoo

Post by tattoo »

Why not just kill 2 birds with 1 stone and seal the inside with petseal..it'll cover/seal in the overspray and it'll safeguard against future rust...