BT Sport

General Biker Banter
leevtr

BT Sport

Post by leevtr »

Anyone else got it ??

I had BT broadband anyway an as they have sole rights to Motogp next year, I upgraded to infinity so as the BT Sport would stream better and in HD.

I have to say...what a load of shite !!
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
chrisnic

Re: BT Sport

Post by chrisnic »

Yes, we had it added to our virgin media package so I wouldn't miss this years races.... not impressed so far.
You would have thought they would have offered the motogp team from eurosport a GOOD PACKAGE to join them - they are after all the best commentators for the sport.

Let's hope it improves quickly

:thumbup:
magnum

Post by magnum »

Upgraded two weeks ago haven't tried it yet nothing worth watching at mo :( + router is rubbish if someone on phone stops the broadband :thumbdown:
"It may be yellow but it ain't no chicken"
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Yes I have got BT Sport, fortunately I was already with BT for my broadband. I'm viewing it using my old sky box. You do need a card for this, but you don't need to pay a yearly subscription to Sky. The only downside is it's not in HD, for HD I would need an HD Sky box, and would need to subscribe to Sky for that each year as I understand it.

I have been watching a few of the races from previous years that they had been showing, that is something I don't recall happening before BT won the contract. Of course Eurosport may have done that, but I wouldn't know that seeing as I never had Eurosport.

Chris.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

+ router is rubbish
They always will be from an ISP. Buy a third party one, simples.
Do you mean the service or the programme. The thing is the whole set up, just like most things these days, is all orientated towards companies making money. Service comes 2nd if not at all :( In the old days it would be the other way around, good service first, making money second. It don't matter to them if the service is sh1t these days as they will market it well and/or push people into purchasing with all the hype. It's not sport any more....it's a big business.

That's my rant of the day (now that would be a good thread :think: ). Sorry it just pisses me off the way society pushes us into having no choice except opt out or get left behind with the technology. And as far as sport goes it's like I said it's not about the sport any more. Years ago sponsors would just provide the funds, get some advertising out of it and sit in the background like a silent partner and let the sport get on with it. Take whatever direction they want. These days the sport is controlled by the sponsors.

Worst of all it's all at our expense. :thumbdown:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

magnum wrote:Upgraded two weeks ago haven't tried it yet nothing worth watching at mo :( + router is rubbish if someone on phone stops the broadband :thumbdown:
I upgraded to Infinity as leevtr has, and now have the BT homehub 5, which I have to say works very well. Do you have the latest hub?

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

cybercarl wrote:
+ router is rubbish
They always will be from an ISP. Buy a third party one, simples.
Do you mean the service or the programme. The thing is the whole set up, just like most things these days, is all orientated towards companies making money. Service comes 2nd if not at all :( In the old days it would be the other way around, good service first, making money second. It don't matter to them if the service is sh1t these days as they will market it well and/or push people into purchasing with all the hype. It's not sport any more....it's a big business.

That's my rant of the day (now that would be a good thread :think: ). Sorry it just pisses me off the way society pushes us into having no choice except opt out or get left behind with the technology. And as far as sport goes it's like I said it's not about the sport any more. Years ago sponsors would just provide the funds, get some advertising out of it and sit in the background like a silent partner and let the sport get on with it. Take whatever direction they want. These days the sport is controlled by the sponsors.

Worst of all it's all at our expense. :thumbdown:

It is all about profit Carl you're right. IMHO privatisation is the biggest culprit, as the first priority is profit for the shareholders as they own the company. Before privatisation any company making a profit, that would be ploughed back into the company. That's fine if you're a top earner and have plenty of money invested in shares, but not so good if you not lucky enough to be in that situation for whatever reason. They said privatisation would encourage competitive pricing, meaning services should in theory come down in price. Unfortunately you only have to look at the gas and electricity companies to see that is not the case.

Getting back to bike racing, if you remember the same thing happened to WSBikes a good few years back. I used to prefer watching WSB over Moto GP, mainly as I felt the bikes they used to race were/are more closer to road bikes than Moto GP bikes.

When Eurosport had that contract I could only watch that by subscribing to Sky, at least with BT they are not charging their broadband customers any extra for the coverage (yet).

Chris.
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

magnum wrote:Upgraded two weeks ago haven't tried it yet nothing worth watching at mo :( + router is rubbish if someone on phone stops the broadband :thumbdown:

if it does that consistently its an easy fault to find. report it to your provider, it should,nt happen.

mind you they will probably will try and talk you out of it by threatening charges. :thumbup:
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Sorry but i have no complaints, I've never seen so much skiing on TV
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
dansrockin

Post by dansrockin »

Left sky for BT about a year ago, we get 100mb broadband and the you view TV box. So therefore we get the bt sport included in hd. Cant say I've watched it much yet, but can't wait to see the bike coverage.
magnum

Post by magnum »

lumpyv wrote:

if it does that consistently its an easy fault to find. report it to your provider, it should,nt happen.

mind you they will probably will try and talk you out of it by threatening charges. :thumbup:
Is router hub same thing :?: no very tech minded it works or It doesn't i'am just a simple farmer bod baller twine and 6in nails more my thing :lol:
just not very happy with hub (just been put right by my 18 son) have to be within 15 to 20 feet to pick it up,
not any better than the old one.
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

Re privatisation - some of us remember how long you had to wait for a phone line and phone from the GPO before privatisation, a state monopoly answerable to no-one!
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Is router hub same thing :?:
Yes.

Basically you have a Modem which connects you to your outside line (WAN) and then you have a router that routes all the signals to individual computers within your home network (LAN) You can either buy these separate or you can buy an all in one router/modem. Most ISP's will supply their own, not necessarily always the best but it's free. BT call their router/modem a home hub.

==============================Enter the Darkside
magnum

Post by magnum »

cybercarl wrote:
Is router hub same thing :?:
Yes.

Basically you have a Modem which connects you to your outside line (WAN) and then you have a router that routes all the signals to individual computers within your home network (LAN) You can either buy these separate or you can buy an all in one router/modem. Most ISP's will supply their own, not necessarily always the best but it's free. BT call their router/modem a home hub.

Got it now my boy has also explained :thumbup:
Where's me tractor. :)
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Stratman wrote:Re privatisation - some of us remember how long you had to wait for a phone line and phone from the GPO before privatisation, a state monopoly answerable to no-one!
I take it you must have plenty of shares then Paul :wink:

Personally I can't see much has changed regarding the monopoly, as BT still has that, even more so with them winning the sport contract.

Chris.