Hello from sunny Belfast!

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
lh3110

Hello from sunny Belfast!

Post by lh3110 »

Hello All,
Picked up a silver 97 vtr firestorm yesterday. New bike to me.
Havent got far as it has pissed down all day yesterday and today. But im off work now till Tuesday so will be out and about!

Have been given a couple of tips already - dont bother with a k&n filter, and get a spacer for the rear shock for clearance and turn in?

Bike is completely standard from what I can tell so will be on the look out for some end cans :plainsmile
lumpyv

Re: Hello from sunny Belfast!

Post by lumpyv »

welcome aboard mate. there are a couple of weaknesses on the bike but both are easily addressed. :thumbup:

roll on the spring .
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Hello mate, welcome to the club. CCT's & RR first mods. :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Hi buddy, welcome along :)

Have a read through Cybercarls thread here http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=31345

That has all the info on changing cct's & reg/rec as KevL suggested.

From what I've read, you are right about the air filter, keep it standard unless you change the fueling etc.

Lots of riders are also raising the rear shock height with a spacer and like the results, might be worth trying 4mm to start with and see how you get on.

Join in the craic!
Jamie :wave:
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Welcome to the club :thumbup:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Hello and welcome :thumbup:
Watty

Post by Watty »

Hello and welcome aboard Sir :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
lh3110

Post by lh3110 »

Jamoi wrote:Hi buddy, welcome along :)

Have a read through Cybercarls thread here http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=31345

That has all the info on changing cct's & reg/rec as KevL suggested.

From what I've read, you are right about the air filter, keep it standard unless you change the fueling etc.

Lots of riders are also raising the rear shock height with a spacer and like the results, might be worth trying 4mm to start with and see how you get on.

Join in the craic!
Holy feck thats comprehensive! . Happy days. Will refer to that before asking any of the standard questions that pop up time and time again.. in new threads! :biggrin

CCT was done. Not sure about the RR. Will have to get that checked..

First thing on my list is a nice set of cans... and new brake fluid (current fluid is nearly black!)

Heres a photo anyhoo!

Thanks for the welcomes!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

First thing on my list is a nice set of cans... and new brake fluid (current fluid is nearly black!)
That sounds like a good plan, especially the fluid :eek2 Any ideas which end cans you would like. Material, style, posisition etc. Your probably busting to get some nice rumbling cans, but I wouldn't rush into buying them. Do some research, listen to other cans on VTR's as you can't rely on video on the internet/youtube. Decide what you want then keep an eye out for some eBay bargains. :thumbup:

Good to hear the CCT's have been replaced. Are they manual tensioners? Best to give the R/R a quick once over. If it's the original unfined version then get it changed. If it's not, then give the charging system a quick once over with a multimeter and if everything is as it should be, then leave as is.

Welcome. :beer: :beer:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
magnum

Post by magnum »

Welcome M8 these guys know there stuff enjoy the storm and get some good cans.
Just fitted some mine sounds great. :thumbup:
Mark.
"It may be yellow but it ain't no chicken"
oorwullie43

Post by oorwullie43 »

Welcome to the mad house!! 8O all the info you'll ever need is on this site! Enjoy! :lol:
simo

Post by simo »

Hi, Welcome to the Forum.
Theres A Hare in The Turnips.
lh3110

Post by lh3110 »

cybercarl wrote:
That sounds like a good plan, especially the fluid :eek2 Any ideas which end cans you would like. Material, style, posisition etc. Your probably busting to get some nice rumbling cans, but I wouldn't rush into buying them. Do some research, listen to other cans on VTR's as you can't rely on video on the internet/youtube. Decide what you want then keep an eye out for some eBay bargains. :thumbup:

Good to hear the CCT's have been replaced. Are they manual tensioners? Best to give the R/R a quick once over. If it's the original unfined version then get it changed. If it's not, then give the charging system a quick once over with a multimeter and if everything is as it should be, then leave as is.

Welcome. :beer: :beer:

(:-})
Not all that fussy, cheap and a nice rumble. But not to loud (with baffles in) so I can still get out on track :)
Also standard level so the missus can still get on the back :oops:

Will have a nosey and see. If any of you have anything going for decent money, let me now.. Either I cant, or cant figure out how to post in the 'Wanted' section!

As for the RR, Ill have a nosey through your info and take a look. Not the most competent person with spanners, but my local dealer are sound and pretty helpful. They even sourced the bike at trade money from a small private garage for me (no money made for them) at my budget :thumbup:

Thanks again for the welcome!
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

lh3110 wrote: Either I cant, or cant figure out how to post in the 'Wanted' section!
Welcome to the madhouse mate :wave:
And you need 50 posts for the sales and wants so thats why......but at least people know that you are looking :thumbup:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

welcome along big lad good to see toy found this place. i told you they were big into there storms..i think that makes a total of 3 of us on here from sunny norn ireland now.... roll on the first track day to we get to piss some inline 4s of lol

ps. il stick a wanted add up for you and see if anything turns up.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: