General Biker Banter
macdee

oh f oh f

Post by macdee »

told you not to but oh no you knew better
lloydie

Re: oh f oh f

Post by lloydie »

That copper should never of done that . I bet he didn't even see the other bikers behind in the fog
Gazfirestormowner

Post by Gazfirestormowner »

What an utter rock that copper was
No wonder we don't like the rossers
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

It wasn't a good move, but what if a sheep or something had jumped into the road. Would the following biker have had chance to stop then? If the copper couldn't see the other bikes because of the og then surely the reverse applies too?

When riding in a group on a straight you should always ride in a staggered formation so you can see the road ahead (and not ride straight into the back of someone!)
Last edited by Stratman on Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

Furrybiker

Post by Furrybiker »

If you can't stop within what you can see, are you not riding too fast for the conditions?
Add in the slippery road, and seemingly late braking after all, the others stopped. It isn't quite so one sided.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

looks like the rider of the sv used to much rear brake thus locking up the rear, if he'd been more aware and seen the copper sooner it could have been avoided, that said, the police chose a poor position to do a speed check, to close to coming off of a bend, just as a biker would be opening the throttle... :roll:
the copper did look a bit sheepish..... :thumbdown:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

The 2nd rider that crashed seemed to ignore the brake light (reaction time?) of the 1st rider that was slowing /stopping (which blocked the view of the policeman despite his hi-vis jacket) Not helped by the fact he was doing at least an indicated 95mph coming round the corner in the fog as shown on the speedo on the onboard clip. He throttled back/braked /scrubbed off some speed but was still doing 45mph when he eventually crashed.

Presumably as the incriminating onboard has been edited into the film crew's movie then the TL's film footage was nabbed by the copper and used in prosecuting the rider.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Tweety

Post by Tweety »

A lot of stupidity all around, cops and bikers alike... They where riding too bloody fast for the conditions, considering the amount of fog, and wet/cold tarmac...

Given that the SV rider reacted far too late, and also braked too hard initially, meaning he locked up the rear, and then he had a lot of options to hit stuff, none to avoid them really...

The flatfoot managed thought sheer happen stance basically shut of every possible escape route except the oncoming traffic, since they had camera tripod and whatever behind him, a stopped bike, dumb ass in hi vis vest, all lined up nicely for the SV rider to pick and choose which target he wanted to hit... I would have taken the officer... Less damage to the bike bouncing off his stomach, than hitting the other bike, but that's just personal preference...

My verdict, one more idiot rear ending them all in a van, and they'd have a complete set...
Image <--- The result of OCMD... I gave up listing the mods in a sig line...
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Tweety wrote: My verdict, one more idiot rear ending them all in a van, and they'd have a complete set...
:lol: True!

I can't believe the police man stepped out infront of a group of speeding motorcycles! 20% bravery 80% stupidity perhaps? As for the speeding dudes on the bikes, perhaps a roadcraft course would have prevented this from happening in the first place! All round DOH! :crazy:
Jamie :wave:
firestorm1997

Post by firestorm1997 »

Totally avoidable if the riders had of
A) been riding to the road conditions and
b) riding in a staggered formation.
maybe the copper should have used a bit more common sense by not jumping out in front of the leading bike but he was doing his job or at least trying.... :oops:
ging500

Post by ging500 »

Wombles all round!!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

ging500 wrote:Wombles all round!!

the guy on the back just locked the bike so obviously just pulled the clutch in and hung on for dear life. They were all nobs and going to fast, the copper deserved to be run over!!!
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Tweety

Post by Tweety »

firestorm1997 wrote:Totally avoidable if the riders had of
A) been riding to the road conditions and
b) riding in a staggered formation.
maybe the copper should have used a bit more common sense by not jumping out in front of the leading bike but he was doing his job or at least trying.... :oops:
Nowhere in his job description does it say to try to stop any motorist, on two or four wheels by physically standing in front of them... Especially not if the offence is speeding... So, he obviously was doing something other than his job...
Image <--- The result of OCMD... I gave up listing the mods in a sig line...
Virt

Post by Virt »

Glad to see it's not only my generation that has no common sense :lol:

What a stupid move.
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

coppers a plonker and the bikers are going too quick ...

I wonder if the plod got criticised/ disciplined by his bosses?
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.