cnc yokes - "cool'n'comfy" - avoid?

General Bike chat
callam_nffc

cnc yokes - "cool'n'comfy" - avoid?

Post by callam_nffc »

Ive been searching round on t'internet this morning for more images of yokes etc to get a cad drawing done so i can hopefully get round to making my own, ive also found a shed load of posts basically saying avoid this company so i thought id share....

http://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=267695

http://www.supermotoforum.co.uk/general ... s-com.html

http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread ... 148&page=5

Seems there are an awful lot of unhappy customers out there... :problem:
CBR125 - XJ600S DIVERSION - YZF600R THUNDERCAT - VTR1000 FIRESTORM
I still crave a supermoto...
Mav617

Re: cnc yokes - "cool'n'comfy" - avoid?

Post by Mav617 »

Seems to be a case of if they actually fulfil your order within a reasonable time people rave about them, but some guys have paid and waited ages and not had their order done on time. Questions to the supplier seem to be met with disdain.
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
callam_nffc

Post by callam_nffc »

Mav617 wrote:Seems to be a case of if they actually fulfil your order within a reasonable time people rave about them, but some guys have paid and waited ages and not had their order done on time. Questions to the supplier seem to be met with disdain.
I think if i was going that route id try a "cash on collection" kinda deal with them
CBR125 - XJ600S DIVERSION - YZF600R THUNDERCAT - VTR1000 FIRESTORM
I still crave a supermoto...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

It seems as if the quality is good, it's just poor service on the delivery times,

Chris.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

What can i say, i have no complaints with them. I did buy through Moore Speed racing, but it arrived on time and fitted now it looks fantastic.

Colin at Moore Speed seems a great bloke and i will defiantly use them again.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Isosuo86

Post by Isosuo86 »

Any fresh experiences on Cool'n'Comfy?
I paid for the goods, and haven't had any responds on their behalf after the transaction.... Doesn't seem good.
Anyone live near the workshop?
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Isosuo86 wrote:Any fresh experiences on Cool'n'Comfy?
I paid for the goods, and haven't had any responds on their behalf after the transaction.... Doesn't seem good.
Anyone live near the workshop?
I spoke to Colin at Moore Speed racing today where i ordered mine, apparently the guy who makes them is very very good, but unreliable on his timings. he doesn't seem to like lots of queries and if he gets hassle slows up production, not very good to hear considering they are a fab bit of kit and as I've said i am very happy with mine. Nowt as funny as folk so they say!! sorry couldn't assist any more than that. Weel worth the wait though.
Top yokes

Post by Top yokes »

Hi,

This is Top yokes. I thought i should just write a quick reply to put peoples minds at rest about delivery times and various posts:

The post from Bikechatforums was from over 1 YEAR AGO and a customer who requested a one off part that we had not currently manufactured at that point. This turned out to be quite a hassle as we had to wait for the customer to send us his original top yoke so we could copy dimensions and then make the new yoke, we quoted the price which was no different to the standard price even though it was a one off part.

The problem arose when we received the yoke it had an angled ignition mounting point which meant an extra drawing/setup and a one off jig. We didn't request anymore money or tell the customer we couldn't make it and leave him stuck.

Our busiest time of year as you can imagine is Feb/Mar when bikers are wanting to get the bikes on the road ready for Easter, we have been in the industry for over 13 years and we always try to prepare. We also informed the customer that the delay may be because we are at our busiest time and his job was going to take more work than anticipated. Its a shame none of this was mentioned in his original post. He would of paid over twice as much from another company IF he could even find one who would take it on.

The Supermoto forum post from over 2 YEARS AGO was just a delay in manufacturing again through a huge workload, and we would of apologised for this at the time.

The SVRider post was over 3 YEARS AGO when we were still getting to grips with the manufacturing process.

The good news is that since last April we have invested another 40,000 in more CNC machines to speed up production which is a good job as we now make around 100-125 yokes per month so need this extra capacity.

We always try to give accurate delivery times BUT as we are in an industry that fluctuates wildly with work load it is sometimes hard to get everything balanced, for example we knew we were running out of clutch cables and so ordered a new consignment, these were supposed to be delivered within 10 days so plenty of time and eventually took 4 weeks.

We also have to factor in the anodising companies turnaround times which vary from 2-7 working days depending on there work load. BUT they also work for a lot of other motorcycle parts manufacturers some who are a lot bigger than ours and when we take 100 yokes but the other companies take 1000's of parts then again un-avaoidable delays happen.

The main thing is that we supply VERY high quality products, try our best to get the parts delivered in a reasonable time and also spend time designing parts that otherwise would not be available, for example the VTR Firestorm complete replacement topyoke. We are the only company in Europe that makes this item, everyone else makes thin adapter plates and fork clamps. We know there is a big following for the VTR and so have spent time making a bespoke part for it. Unlike others who use universal parts and charge more money.

We also offer Fatbar risers as standard (ABM, LSL charge 85 euros) and black anodising as standard (ABM, LSL charge 40 euros)

If anyone has any issues its best to speak to us as we are very reasonable and will work out and mutually agreeable resolution. We will also anodise parts any colour at no extra cost and alter yokes for example SP1 forks on a VTR yoke with VTR Ignition etc etc. All at no extra cost.

I hope this has helped to answer some of the questions, not all forum posts from customers are 100% un-biased. Its best just to talk to us and we always do our best to help out.

Thanks.
Last edited by Top yokes on Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top yokes

Post by Top yokes »

Sorry i did forgot to say, we are in a very niche market and out of the 7000 plus customers from the last 13 years we do not get many problems. The 3 unhappy posts from 1-3 years ago listed above currently add up to less than 1 days worth of customers from the last approx 5000 days trading.

On ebay that would be a 99.9% feedback.

I hope this helps to put peoples minds at rest and thankyou for the comments on the quality of the parts we make, we do our best and we are always open to suggestions for new yokes/products or other low production parts that you think may not be financially viable to produce.

With 2 CNC Vertical mills and access to laser cutting, CNC lathes, powder coating, anodising and polishing services plus metal fabrication we can normally get the parts done. We can also produce 3d cad drawings.

We work for some other bespoke motorcycle manufacturers making low production parts so anything is possible :D
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

for what my 2 bits is worth:
your products are indeed very well made and your ability to produce what your customer needs is to be commended, all I would say is to keep your customers informed truthfully about delivery dates. I would rather know from the start that the whole product will take up to 8 weeks to be delivered (taking into consideration your other suppliers) than be told its in the post week after week.

I'm fitting mine this weekend, so will come back and update once it's road tested.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

grumpyfrog wrote:for what my 2 bits is worth:
your products are indeed very well made and your ability to produce what your customer needs is to be commended, all I would say is to keep your customers informed truthfully about delivery dates. I would rather know from the start that the whole product will take up to 8 weeks to be delivered (taking into consideration your other suppliers) than be told its in the post week after week.

I'm fitting mine this weekend, so will come back and update once it's road tested.

Good point.
seb421

Post by seb421 »

ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

To me it don't matter how long ago something was said. That's what's called a reputation and a bad rep hangs around longer than a good rep. Unfortunately the internet tends to mostly breed the negative things more than positive so this needs to be taken into consideration.

Not mr top yokes specifically but in general, what bugs me is businesses that sign up to this forum only to either try and defend something that has been said on here or to either justify or promote their own business. They only post a few posts and don't become part of the community. Saying that though they have every right to register and comment. Personally I take anything that is said with a pinch of salt and will always side with the group/user experience over anything that is said from someone who has something to benefit from it.

I've said this before but I personally think the cool n comfy yolks is a great product/package and solves a problem for a lot of VTR owners. The website is very good, easy to navigate and has the info and pics required. Very nicely done, clear and to the point with no fancy crap. Just a shame this does not seem to apply to after sales. But hey ho at least we all know now not to expect something a few days after ordering, so can order with expecting delays and it will arrive when it arrives.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

cybercarl wrote:To me it don't matter how long ago something was said. That's what's called a reputation and a bad rep hangs around longer than a good rep. Unfortunately the internet tends to mostly breed the negative things more than positive so this needs to be taken into consideration.

Not mr top yokes specifically but in general, what bugs me is businesses that sign up to this forum only to either try and defend something that has been said on here or to either justify or promote their own business. They only post a few posts and don't become part of the community. Saying that though they have every right to register and comment. Personally I take anything that is said with a pinch of salt and will always side with the group/user experience over anything that is said from someone who has something to benefit from it.

I've said this before but I personally think the cool n comfy yolks is a great product/package and solves a problem for a lot of VTR owners. The website is very good, easy to navigate and has the info and pics required. Very nicely done, clear and to the point with no fancy crap. Just a shame this does not seem to apply to after sales. But hey ho at least we all know now not to expect something a few days after ordering, so can order with expecting delays and it will arrive when it arrives.

(:-})
I think it would be good for them to take a deposit and full payment made when delivered on time. That would boost things no end. If Topyokes are true to there word then there are no issues.
semajohn

Post by semajohn »

Bought a kit for my 98 blade.
Two weeks later and I get a message that they are in the post. One week on and no bits. Texted asking for a tracking code, no response.
Have read that the guy can be a bit misleading and people waiting up to 11 weeks.
Bit concerned as I did a bank transfer so I could get a 15% discount.