MPs set to receive 11%(!!!) pay rise

General Biker Banter
Wicky

MPs set to receive 11%(!!!) pay rise

Post by Wicky »

The mind boggles caused by boiling blood and they can't refuse it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-25287108
MPs are set to receive an 11% pay rise when a parliamentary watchdog publishes its final recommendations on salaries this week.

The rise is due after the 2015 general election, and will take pay to £74,000…

Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (Ipsa) previously said it had looked at increasing the current salary of £66,396 to anywhere between £73,365 and £83,430, but opted for a lower figure "in recognition of the current difficult economic circumstances".
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/07 ... 49461.html
05/07/2013 - Refusing to give MPs a pay rise will result in politicians stealing money, the Commons watchdog has suggested.

MPs' Expenses Bill Up By A Quarter To Nearly £90m

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/09 ... 61584.html
The bill for MPs' expenses went up by a quarter to nearly £90m last year, it was disclosed on Thursday.

Politicians spent the money on second homes, staff, travel and office costs - including dozens of iPads.

Some 50 iPads were purchased, along with a variety of Apple accessories.

"If we want a good service from our MPs, we have to fund them," he said. "And if you don't think you get a good service from your MP, the answer is not to withhold funding - it is to use your vote."
Last edited by Wicky on Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
lloydie

Re: MPs set to receive 11%(!!!) pay rise

Post by lloydie »

And I struggle to get 2% raise -(
They should take a pay cut and pay there own expensive
ging500

Post by ging500 »

Well apparently after 2015 we can all expect an average pay rise!! Its all b **** really if Cameron didn't want a payrise and all the mps are backing him why doesn't he pass a bill declining his wages. He is the gov, there is not such thing as being forced to a pay rise ... W****

I mist apologise if the * aren't correct, fuming a bit.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

It's an independent party that works out there pay and I bet it's all corrupt well who pays there wages !
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

lloydie wrote:It's an independent party that works out there pay and I bet it's all corrupt well who pays there wages !
Independent my butt.... :Argue 1: :Argue 1: :Argue 1: :Argue 1:
Last edited by agentpineapple on Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Virt

Post by Virt »

You can swear on the internet ging, your parents won't find out :wink: :lol:

I think if they're allowed to claim expenses in the first place they don't deserve a pay rise. I can't do that to the extent they can, I don't know anyone who can!

And yay, they get an extra 6-7k.. Look at their expenses. Second homes was on that list, 6-7k will not make that second home instantly and completely within their salary. They're still gonna wombles claim for it! It's just they have more money to buy useless sh1t to stick inside it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

and they get a pension for life once they've been booted out by the voters. Now, this government are all about wombles teachers, health workers and generally anything in the public sector, over if they underperform in their eyes. So how do we tell if an MP is performing or not? And didn't the government reject the independent pay review for the fire service a year ago too.

I think I'll write to mine to seek his justification for this :D
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Wicky wrote:

anywhere between £73,365 and £83,430, but opted for a lower figure "in recognition of the current difficult economic circumstances".

A masterclass in Gluttonous bafoonary. "Use your vote, if you don't like us" I did use my vote, but that's not worth the paper it's written on you corrupt, elitist walruses.
Jamie :wave:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

They won't change, we need a box on the ballot paper which says none of the above.
Then they'll realise how little we think of them.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

mps that live further away from Westminster than say 75 miles? should be able to claim 50 quid a night to stay in a travel lodge and that's it .

if they live in their constituency ( and it will be a nice house ) they don't need a London place. if they have travel in they can buy a season ticket like thousands of other commuters. being a politician is one big gravy train.

have a look at what MEP,s get up to . they are even worse!
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Just vote for me.

You know it makes sense.

El Presidente.

There's a long wall awaiting, you'll get a shot or two... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

And this pair of local Tory Councillors have done very nicely on expenses only. All under the leadership of disgraced Lord Hanningfield who since he was released from jail is still on the gravy train.
Councillor for Tendring, Sarah Candy, and her husband Neil Stock, were mentioned by name in the News of The World article and have also been written about in the Essex County Standard and The Colchester Daily Gazette. It has been shown that the couple claimed over £91,500 in allowances over the period of a year.
The couple have defended the amount of money they receive, with Neil Stock claiming that they probably get less than the minimum wage, if the amount of hours they work is considered.
However, one has to wonder how credible this comment is as further analysis reveals that at the minimum wage of £5.80 an hour, they would need to work over 43 hours a day between them, every day, with no breaks, no sleep and no holidays. The couple also have other commitments such as a family and the private business they run from their home.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

They probably have no idea what minimum wage is set at!

What can be done? Revolution? Sounds extreme, but how do you get rid of these parasitic womblewits?
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

MacV2 wrote:Just vote for me.

You know it makes sense.

El Presidente.

There's a long wall awaiting, you'll get a shot or two... :lol:
You get my vote if you give me one of these...
Image and unlimited rubber bullets, a list of bad people and their locations :thumbup: :)
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Deluded parasites the lot of them.
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!