cyclist nobheads

General Biker Banter
callam_nffc

cyclist nobheads

Post by callam_nffc »

What is it about these lycra clad morons that think they are king of the road?
The ones that go gallavanting through red lights, weaving through traffic or riding 3/4 wide in a lane, you know the sort that instantly blame anyone but themselves when they get ploughed off
now I like cycling, but im into mountain biking not impersonating bradley wiggins
is anyone surprised that so many of them get knocked off when half of them ride like total arrogant cocks?
CBR125 - XJ600S DIVERSION - YZF600R THUNDERCAT - VTR1000 FIRESTORM
I still crave a supermoto...
Virt

Re: cyclist nobheads

Post by Virt »

I had to deal with one on the way to work yesterday, they were constantly swerving the entire width of the lane!

Took me ages to get past them purely because if I tried they'd end up knocking themselves unconscious on my fist or elbow, had to wait until there was no oncoming.

Also encountered one this morning, riding next to the curb ( they knew their place! :D ) but whenever they approached a parked car they just swung right to white line.. Without even looking. I knew this would happen so I kept my distance ( and then dropped into first to pass/deafen the tw@ ), but they could have so easily injured themselves to someone who wasn't paying attention...
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I had one yesterday :-) .
I was in the left hand lane indicating left and moving with the slow traffic in the works van .
I checked the mirrors and turned CRASH got him :-) the stupid wonker was sat in my blind spot and he tried to blame me :lol: he didn't realise that out work vans are fitted with 4 cameras and recorded it all .
The footage even shows him finding the blind spot on the van it had 37 square feet of it like !
All to try for a compo claim .
What pissed me off was having to spend a few hours down the cop shop while they released the video to back up me side of it .

I understand why these guys ride a bike but I can't understand why they ride like they do when they're so venerable and deliberately put themselves in a position to get seriously heart or dead .

Now driving through Cambridge or Oxford Centure they are fair game the wombles just don't give a sh1t .
I've had 7 or 8 KO'd off the near side mirror :-) and one when I opened the door on him that was wombles funny he went through the open window and hit another cyclist :lol:
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

I'm one. But not one of those.

all down to respect for other users in my book. You get knobhead drivers, cyclists, pedestrians, bikers and so on. All issues come about because of a lack of care for other road users, and I have to say that even among cyclists the wombles wits are a liability and need to rein it in as they give us all a bad name and those killed tend not to be the big risk takers but those fallen victim to other road users poor roadcraft
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

I blame the Olympics , since then every one wants to cycle in London and half of them don't know that red means stop.
How many times do you hear it was the bus or lorry drivers fault?
I don't recal any of the recent ones blaming them.

Maybe cyclist should pay some sort of insurance like we have to :thumbup:
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
Virt

Post by Virt »

Duffy1964 wrote: Maybe cyclist should pay some sort of insurance like we have to :thumbup:
I think there should be some sort of test required to ride on the road. Everything else on the road requires one, why shouldn't they?
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Virt wrote:
Duffy1964 wrote: Maybe cyclist should pay some sort of insurance like we have to :thumbup:
I've been saying it for years, it does seem that although you get idiots in cars/bikes/lorrys/pedestrians, there does seem to be a higher percentage of idiot cyclists, just my opinion, the police in London are trying to address the problem, but its a losing battle.
and I also agree that the news/media will never admit to it being the cyclists fault, when in my experience it usually is.
i'm sure the powers that be will bow to political correctness and health and safety and allow bigger cycle lanes, slowly pushing other road users off of the road.... :thumbdown:
its crazy that in London car users out number push bike riders by 50 to 1, but the 1 is getting all the press and will surely gain from it. pandering to the lowest common donominator again :roll:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

callam_nffc wrote:What is it about these lycra clad morons that think they are king of the road?
The ones that go gallavanting through red lights, weaving through traffic or riding 3/4 wide in a lane, you know the sort that instantly blame anyone but themselves when they get ploughed off
now I like cycling, but im into mountain biking not impersonating bradley wiggins
is anyone surprised that so many of them get knocked off when half of them ride like total arrogant cocks?
I've said exactly this many times. Some of them ride like total cnuts, and they try to claim tyhe moral highground with all the eco bollox...

Trouble is, that wont win a fight with a lorry, will it.
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
geodude

Post by geodude »

BigVeeGrin wrote:I'm one. But not one of those.

all down to respect for other users in my book. You get knobhead drivers, cyclists, pedestrians, bikers and so on. All issues come about because of a lack of care for other road users, and I have to say that even among cyclists the wombles wits are a liability and need to rein it in as they give us all a bad name and those killed tend not to be the big risk takers but those fallen victim to other road users poor roadcraft
Agreed!
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

I saw two the other evening, in the twilight and wearing all black. Not exactly helping themselves there. When you are at junctions, some ignore the red lights etc., which apart from being both dangerous and illegal, just winds drivers up. I love cycling, though it is restricted to Norfolk country lanes in summertime. :D

In Amsterdam, the cyclist is always presumed to be right. Consequently they plough down the inside, stopping cars turning right (remember they drive on the right there) and trying to cross the road as pedestrian is bloody dangerous.

There are many eco warrior cyclists in Cambridge too. :evil:

All that said though, there are lots of complete idiots in cars and just as many on motorcycles too - some tw@ overtook me in the car the other day just as I was about to pass a parked bus and just before a t junction on the right; if anyone had pulled out onto the road from the junction and only looked left he would have been straight into it. Never overtake at a junction IAM taught me and it's bloody good sense too!
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

Virt

Post by Virt »

Stratman wrote: Never overtake at a junction IAM taught me and it's bloody good sense too!
I got taught that from common sense! :lol:
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

It's the ones riding halfway out in the road because they're "too good" for riding near the kerb, anyone riding on the pavement and the club riders that ride two/three abreast down country lanes that get my goat. That said, I have sympathy with those who behave, obey the lights etc and still get knocked off. Some kinship with cyclists, much more than other cage drivers. We've probably all experienced that twunt in a car who deliberately tries to block us filtering, pulling across and putting our lives in danger out of some kind of misplaced envy - now they're the real fiddler. Cyclists suffer from the same envy sometimes.
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
callam_nffc

Post by callam_nffc »

Mav617 wrote:We've probably all experienced that twunt in a car who deliberately tries to block us filtering, pulling across and putting our lives in danger out of some kind of misplaced envy - now they're the real fiddler.
ive known a few get a good bang on the window/punched wing mirror lol
CBR125 - XJ600S DIVERSION - YZF600R THUNDERCAT - VTR1000 FIRESTORM
I still crave a supermoto...
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Everyone using a public highway should have some sort of insurance ( and bloody horse owners) , and they should be fined and prosecuted if they cause harm through negligence Rant over ive got a pushbike and a Horse, i will pay if the others do.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Watty

Post by Watty »

Virt wrote:
I think there should be some sort of test required to ride on the road. Everything else on the road requires one, why shouldn't they?
Horses? :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!