bike start up

General Bike chat
reggy5

bike start up

Post by reggy5 »

hi guys

put keys in ignition of bike today and all lights lit up as normal ,went to start it and then nothing all ignition lights went off but after about 5mins all ignition came back on and it was fine to start is this normal ? i do have a meta alarm system on it so is it somthing to do with this? just a pain because i started looking for a blown fuse and couldnt find nothing .
vtr 1000 firestorm
Martyjuk

Re: bike start up

Post by Martyjuk »

Had same problem yesterday....cause was loose battery terminal bolts.
I had only done them finger tight after adding an auxiliary supply !
saint gaz

Post by saint gaz »

Had the same problem a couple of weeks ago. After it started I rode it to work only for it to fail on a busy roundabout. Back wheel locked up and I pooped a little. It was the meta alarm causing it and had now been removed.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Older alarm systems can be a nuisance and a source of grief. You may have a way (remote key button combination or physical key) to either disable the alarm or put it into workshop mode. If you can then then make use of this and see if the issue still occurs. But check the simple things first like that battery connections as has been mentioned. Also make sure that your regulator rectifier is functioning properly, pay particular attention to the earth and also check the engine earth at the same time. The starter/kill switch themselves can be a known source of problems and check the starter motor bolt is not badly corroded. Can you hear the starter switch (behind rear fairing) clicking when you push the button? Other items that can stop the bike from starting are the neutral switch, sidestand or clutch switch.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

Get rid of the alarm, they are a pain in the a**e :thumbdown:
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost