Insurance

General Biker Banter
leevtr

Insurance

Post by leevtr »

Anyone with MCE, and are they ok ? I was with Swinton, but as usual with insurance companies, they think you wont leave and start getting greedy. My online quotes have come up very cheap, almost too cheap tbh, and I'm wondering where the catch is.

The heads up would be appreciated, Ta.
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
Gazfirestormowner

Re: Insurance

Post by Gazfirestormowner »

Mce have high excesses but cheapest policy for me I went with just motorcycle insurance which is basically carol Nash
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Not anymore it was costing me £600 to insure mine with all the mods .

I know Benny was with them when he smashed up the sp2 and all was good with them tho the reaper shop was crap and fooked it up
Phimosis

Post by Phimosis »

im with MCE, good for some cheap days out, ie I had a day at brands with the Suzuki moto gp team with Bautista, cost me nothing I pay £7.80 a month fully comp with a 350 excess.
She told me she was 16.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

I was with MCE, although MCE don't actually insure your Bike they are just the broker. The insurance co themselves are caller Markerstudy & if my experience of dealing with them is anything to go by...AVOID like the plauge !

Four months to pay out, endless 20 min + phonecalls...

I wont be using MCE again. :thumbdown:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Virt

Post by Virt »

leevtr wrote:Anyone with MCE, and are they ok ? I was with Swinton, but as usual with insurance companies, they think you wont leave and start getting greedy. My online quotes have come up very cheap, almost too cheap tbh, and I'm wondering where the catch is.

The heads up would be appreciated, Ta.
Not with them but I know what you mean about appearing too cheap, they're coming with quotes for £400 fully comp on the storm when I turn 19..

Mixed reviews on them, I have a friend on the Thundercat forum and someone there had their bike stolen. Apparently there was some small print in their contract that said they'd only pay out for theft if it was within x miles of your home. So they didn't get anything... But they are the cheapest usually, so expecting the best service would be asking a bit much.
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

Went with Carol Nash, although I fully expect to have the same sh1t with them down the line, they're all cnuts!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

leevtr wrote:Went with Carol Nash, although I fully expect to have the same sh1t with them down the line, they're all cnuts!!!
that is my view as well, I dont believe you will get a good service what everyu you pay, so may as well pay the minimum.

And while we are on about Insurance..........I have just bought a new car [showing off here!] and they will offer 7days free insurance, so as I havent sold the old one yet I thought this will be a good idea to bridge the gap.
phoned them last night and despite 9yrs no claims etc they wont insure me as I have too many points on my licence. They say I have 9, I say I have 6 as 3 are 4yrs old, but for insurance they look at them for 5 yrs!...

So I am now an outlaw!
AMcQ
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

They won't insure you because you have 9 points !!! How the fook are you meant to get a full set (12) without it
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

They say I have 9, I say I have 6 as 3 are 4yrs old, but for insurance they look at them for 5 yrs!...
How do they know how many you have unless you tell them.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I was with mce 3yrs ago when I had my big accident, I couldn't complain, I will say that if i'd had fully comp cover, I would have received free private physio, tp/tpft isn't always the right option.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

Paid £127 Comprehensive. Full Breakdown, legal, pillion,ride other bikes, euro cover, protected ncb....and total excess £125. Plus they'll let you have up to 5 bikes on the policy, as long as theyre 10 years old.

Plus I got to cancel my other breakdown policy with immediate effect, so saved £60 there. Not bad at all.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

leevtr wrote:Paid £127 Comprehensive. Full Breakdown, legal, pillion,ride other bikes, euro cover, protected ncb....and total excess £125. Plus they'll let you have up to 5 bikes on the policy, as long as theyre 10 years old.

Plus I got to cancel my other breakdown policy with immediate effect, so saved £60 there. Not bad at all.
but what if the 5 other bikes are 9yrs old or 11yrs old, why do they have to be 10yrs old... :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Anotherbikerbabe

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

I stayed with Swintons again as only paid £100 last year and this FC with £200 excess and nc 6 years biking, mind I have no points and at first they wanted £259 and I told them no way was I paying more than I paid last year, and after the girl rang me back 3 days later after she had tried the "3 mths free" and £75 cashback after 3 mths nonsense, I told her, I pay up annually so that won't work for me and if I couldn't get same deal as last time, I would take my insurance elsewhere. I got it, for the £100 and yes, it also does cover 90 days EU cover too n legals. I don't need breakdown as have full membership with RAC so that's me happy.. end of the day, pretty much of a muchness cos it really all comes down to costs and what you're happy to pay or what you can afford at the time, but I would urge anyone, if you go tr/ft route, as soon as you can afford it, or you think you think it's worth it, change to FC. I've always considered it bit risky unless the vehicle is worth jack..
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!