cooling fan

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
rkbn

cooling fan

Post by rkbn »

Hi guys i know it has been a while since i was last on here but i have not had time to scratch my bits let alone visit the forum but i do have a bit of a problem, middle of last week i was rudely (but gratefully) woken up at about 0430 in the morning by the police asking me did i own a yellow bike to which i replied yes why? and the good policeman then informed me they had my bike at the bottom of my road as 2 little thieving scumbags had stole it, They must have been keeping an eye on it as this is the only time i forgot to lock it up (entirely my fault i know) and that if it was not for my neighbour (female about 5ft and about 6 stone wet through) who heard them and then chased them down the road it would have gone. which brings me to the reason why i am posting this thread, they used a slide hammer on the ignition barrel but took to much of it out and never would have been able to start it but in doing so it also meant neither could i so i had to improvise and cut the cables off of the ignition and now have a push button to turn on the bike instead of a key but since all of this my fan has stopped working and the bike gets very close to overheating if i use it for to long, it is not the fuse i have checked it and it is fine, my question is, is the fan connected to the ignition for power and as i only have 2 wires connected out of the three that is why it does not kick in when the bike gets to temperature or is the fan completely shot and time for a new one??

any ideas gratefully accepted

cheers guys

Nat
VTRDark

Re: cooling fan

Post by VTRDark »

b8stard they could have at least done a tidy job with the slide hammer. So your now going to have to Source a new ignition barrel and put some new shear bolts in and patch the wiring up :( How nice to have such good neighbours. My neighbours would be ones out nicking.

As for does the fan run off the ignition, yes it does. The Blue wire runs to the fan motor fuse.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Fuse.
Replace with a new or known good one.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

That's a neighbour worth having, well done to her :clap:

Chris.
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Sorry to here about your bike Nat
Once you have fixed the fan issue, it may be worth connecting a wire direct from the HT leads and then connect it to the thieving B*stards B*llocks and let your neightbour start the bike and rev Fook out of it for half an hour :lol: :lol: :lol:
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project