what do you hate about biking?

General Bike chat
callam_nffc

what do you hate about biking?

Post by callam_nffc »

We all know what we love about biking, but what do you hate?

My list is endless, but here are some top contenders...

1. Idiots who do 100mph down 30mph limit roads (often idiots who pass their test late in life yet suddenly become rossi)
2.The Hi-Viz brigade who do their bikes up like police ones
3. Fat blokes riding cruisers/streetfighters who think theyre hard as fook (ESPECIALLY the ones on bandits)
4.Jeans tooked into race boots
5.When i "fix" one problem but create another on the bike

So c'mon, fire away :Argue 1: :beer:
CBR125 - XJ600S DIVERSION - YZF600R THUNDERCAT - VTR1000 FIRESTORM
I still crave a supermoto...
Virt

Re: what do you hate about biking?

Post by Virt »

1. People who do their bikes up in Race Replica paint schemes and have chicken strips the size of my waistband (so about 2 inches :wink:)
2. The people who are downright dangerous, much like your number 1, and give us a bad name.
3. The "motorbikes are dangerous.." conversation people say as soon as they find out I own a bike
4. The wombles licensing laws ( this isn't in any particular order, or this would be the most hated thing tbh)
5. People riding with such little protection ( I cringe when they go by, usually at more than excessive speeds)
6. People wearing fluffy ears on their helmet ( :whatever :whatever )

Probably missed another 10 off that have escaped my mind :lol:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

Bikers....Most of them are full of sh1t !!
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
callam_nffc

Post by callam_nffc »

Virt wrote:3. The "motorbikes are dangerous.." conversation people say as soon as they find out I own a bike
I usually respond with "I know, thats precisely why i like riding one" haha
CBR125 - XJ600S DIVERSION - YZF600R THUNDERCAT - VTR1000 FIRESTORM
I still crave a supermoto...
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

leevtr wrote:Bikers....Most of them are full of sh1t !!
and builders and cab drivers........... :lol: :lol: :lol:

and callam.....carl rides with his jeans tucked into his boots, and im about to do a streetfighter, which makes me a fat bloke who thinks he's hard.... :lol: :confused :confused :confused

1...scooters riders
2...insurance companies
3...Bradley wiggins wannabees, blocking up the country lanes.
4...pot holes
5...the general assumption that bikers are either unwashed hells angels or youngsters without a brain...
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Virt

Post by Virt »

agentpineapple wrote:[
5...the general assumption that bikers are either unwashed hells angels or youngsters without a brain...
Well... :lol:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

My list applies to Trail Riding and road riding

1) the hooligan element riding at high speeds, high noise, or exhibiting twatish behavior......... in inappropriate conditions [30 limits, busy roads, sensitive environmental areas, or lots of non biking spectators]. (I am ok with all of these traits when they are carried out in an appropriate time and place ........ or am I a hypocrite?)
2) Most quad riders [see item 1 for the reasons] because they wear a helmet they are see as Bikers by Joe Public
3) Twats that follow their mates when they overtake, even when the lead overtake was a bit dodgy.
4) being told to take my helmet off to buy petrol
5) the blanket 50 limit, greenlane closures, and all the other crap legislation and type approval that will be forced onto us
AMcQ
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

:lol: yeah, have a wash once in a while Virt

I tend to dislike those, like in real life really, who judge everyone and are so wombles superior you want to lump 'em. Typically the overpaid, race rep, come to biking at 45 plus. Bit of a generalisation I know.

I don't like prejudiced attitudes from the public too.

I totally hate lubing the chain - always have and always will. Don't know why as it's hardly any effort.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

1. Traffic
2. Scooters and Bikes that make silly or illegal overtakes around islands and then get in my way further up in traffic or at lights. Mainly the scooters.
3. Similar to above but the odd cyclist that likes to ride in the centre of the road on the broken white lines.
4. Drivers that see you and purposely make it difficult to overtake by blocking you.
5. Drivers that poodle along at slow speeds in traffic leaving a massive gap between them and the car in front and not leaving enough room between them and the car in your lane so you can't jump into their lane in front of them, or overtake the car in front of you.
6. Similar to above but Black Cab drivers that poodle along too slowly
7. All mini cabs especially the Addison Lee ones. I often wonder if they have a UK license or any other license at all.
8. Buses and HGV's that pull into a junctions and blocking the traffic flow as lights change.
9. Speed camera's
10. Average speeds limits of 50 on motorways or A roads when there is no reason for it. So called traffic calming. It stresses me out.

That will do for now. I'm sure I could easily come up with another 10. :lol: oh here you go...

11. Sitting at a Red light for 10 mins before it changes.
12. Lights that are not in sync or timed correctly so your forced to stop at every one.
13. No right turns so you forced to go straight ahead and do a U turn and get stuck at the light again.
14. Large queues at the till in the petrol station because the peole in front are doing a weekly food shop or buying a lottery ticket. I wish more garages would supply the staff and fuel only tills.
15. Being forced into having to have insurance. I have said this before but because it's a legal requirement Insurance companies can get away with keeping the prices high and rip us off. There should be a basic insurance cover no matter what you ride, say £100 set fee that everyone pays which gives basic cover. Any extra cover is extra.
16. Drivers on mobile phones who's driving standards deteriorate while doing so. like swerving out their lane. I could extend that to anything else like playing with the car stereo, drinking coffee or eating, skinning up, screaming at the kids on the back seat etc.
17. Lane hoggers on motorways when they could just as easily move across into the inside lane.
18. Manhole covers right on your line on bends or pulling out a sideroad or loads bunched together in one spot.
19. Pot holes and other bad road surface condition that make you either have to swerve or slam on the anchors.
20. Road layouts that are designed in such a way to catch you out as or trick you into, say, going into a bus lane where a camera is pointing at you as form of revenue making.

Just for the record I could come up with as many positives. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
thumperslaw

Post by thumperslaw »

Harley riders
98 storm with goodies!

Srad seven fiddy stuntbike

K100 "flying brick"

R.I.P engine number 5
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

1. Any other vehicles on the road while on my bike.

2. Horses on the road.

3. Inability to have more than 1 bike under 1 insurance policy (oh yeah, I'm likely to ride more than 1 bike at once! Duche bags).

4. Not being able to commute to work on my bike.

5. Rear tyre squaring off after munching a bit of straight road.

6. People who lie, i.e "I get my elbow down, while spinning up my rear tyre at 160mph in Tesco's car park every morning" save your breath, you might need it in a minute...

7. People that make lists about things they hate.

:lol: :lol:
Jamie :wave:
Auto Sol

Post by Auto Sol »

The rain , the cold , the wind sore arms and back and

People who don't nod or wave back :Finger:
Never trust Atoms they make up everything
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

agentpineapple wrote:
leevtr wrote:Bikers....Most of them are full of sh1t !!
and builders and cab drivers........... :lol: :lol: :lol:

and callam.....carl rides with his jeans tucked into his boots, and im about to do a streetfighter, which makes me a fat bloke who thinks he's hard.... :lol: :confused :confused :confused

1...scooters riders
2...insurance companies
3...Bradley wiggins wannabees, blocking up the country lanes.
4...pot holes
:lol: :lol:
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
chric

Post by chric »

1-PUNTO YELLOW BIKES JUST LOOKS WRONG

2-GREEN HONDAS

3-MUCKY BIKES :evil:

4-EARS ON HELMETSSO LAST YEAR GROW UP

5- BIKER THREAD HIJACKERS

6-PEOPLE WHO MOAN ABOUT CHICKEN STRIPS

7-PEOPLE WHAT SAY LOOK WHAT IV'E JUST GOT OFF EBAY BEFORE YOU(b8stard)

8-BIKES COVERD IN CARBON :sick:

9-BIKERS WHAT LEAVE CAPS LOCK ON FORUMS :oops: :lol:

THINK THAT'S INSULTED JUST ABOUT EVERYONE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ill never be a sell out storm forever
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

you forgot blue bikes

and old blokes who think they are fast

:clap: :clap: :clap: :lol:
AMcQ