What Braided Hoses to Get?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
almightytomo

What Braided Hoses to Get?

Post by almightytomo »

I'm fed up with the brake lever getting too close to the handlebar! :eek2

I've decided to get some braided hoses and then obviously make sure they a bleed properly.

Question is what make. The only one I really recognise are Goodridge, but there are others?

Also I understand the difference between the race set up, 2 hoses, and the original, 3 hoses but do either make any difference? Which one will be the best? :?
agentpineapple

Re: What Braided Hoses to Get?

Post by agentpineapple »

hel for me, good quality, very helpful, lots of colour choice, and they're bikers aswell.... :thumbup:
in reality braided lines are all very similar, hel,goodridge,wezmoto,galfer.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
almightytomo

Post by almightytomo »

What about the 2 or 3 front hose option?

Want the quickest and firmest! :P
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

almightytomo wrote:What about the 2 or 3 front hose option?

i use two individual lines, i believe thats the race style, i think they're great, but i can't compare with braided lines in any other style. sorry dude.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

almightytomo wrote:What about the 2 or 3 front hose option?

i use two individual lines, i believe thats the race style, i think they're great, but i can't compare with braided lines in any other style. sorry dude.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I think that most people use the 2 line solution, but I doubt there is any big difference in feel, just reduces the number of bits
AMcQ
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

use the 2 line solution, but I doubt there is any big difference in feel
I think it makes them easier to bleed as well as fluid is direct to each individual calliper.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
fireballxl5

Post by fireballxl5 »

I run the race style set up on mine, two single lines off the master cylinder, I replaced all the lines including the clutch, Just a thought it would be safer to remove the front fairing unit then there is no chance of brake fluid damaging your fairing panels, also makes replacing the clutch line easy if you go down that route. With regards to bleeding the brakes suck the fluid out from the calipers rather than pumping the lever, if you type in The Mega Sucker on ebay and serch the list. I have used HEL lines for some years now and have had no problems. Don't think there is much differance between all the various makes.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Go for a good make, on offer. I bought Goodridge lines through an offer for all four lines and run them with Brembo pads all round.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
almightytomo

Post by almightytomo »

Thanks for the replys guy. Think I will go for the race set up, but only cos it's cheaper! :P

Agree about removing the faring and am also going to do the clutch, in the hope that it might make a slight difference to the clunking gear changes. Having said that I don't think it'll make much difference.

Will check out the mega sucker, but hope the wife doesn't check my internet history. :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100ml-Large-P ... 7687942264

Works just as well & less than £2.00 !

Attatch to bleed nipple & pull out the old fluid.

Fill with fresh fluid & re-fill lines & M/C from the bottom...forcing the air up & out.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
darrenmartin

Post by darrenmartin »

M8 iv uprated the front calipers and master cylinder from a CBR 600RR and used Braided lines with Brembo Pads and she stops on a dime!
I followed the advice from the guys on the forum and belive me they know all there is to know about the Storm. One thing i will say is that i bought a Mimvic Brake line bleeder. This ensures a constant vacume is present when changing/bleeding the brake/clutch lines. It made the job so easy i cant recomend it enough. There was non of the usual open the bleed nipple, close the bleed nipple, open the bleed nipple, close the bleed nipple..... you get the idea. Trust me get one and if your not impressed I'LL give you a refund for it!!!!!!! :thumbup:
Like Riding Thunder and Lightning
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

I got a venhill one for the front. seems pretty good quality .
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Which Mityvac bleeder did you get Darren? I have been meaning to get one for a while now. I'm fed up doing things the old fashioned way.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
almightytomo

Post by almightytomo »

Bought some Goodridge Hoses in supposed" Limited Edition" Gold :lol:

Went for the race version as it was cheaper and nobody came up with any reason not to.

Gonna get myself a Mityvac and get it done over the next few weeks before the garage becomes like a fridge.