new cans

General Bike chat
john cresser

new cans

Post by john cresser »

today I dropped my bike off at the engineers workshop to have new hand made cans made and fitted, he said do I mind if I dont have the bike back today so I presume he meant it would be ready pretty quick, he did say he will have to go to somewhere to get the metal to make the link pipes, he is making the cans in ali as he reckons the tone will be nicer, I have seen this persons work and it is very good so I cant wait. John C. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
bsabloke

Re: new cans

Post by bsabloke »

hope we see some photos soon :D
callam_nffc

Post by callam_nffc »

Whos making these John? Dare I ask how much? Lol
CBR125 - XJ600S DIVERSION - YZF600R THUNDERCAT - VTR1000 FIRESTORM
I still crave a supermoto...
john cresser

Post by john cresser »

I have taken some pics of my bike put them on my laptop but cant put them on here need help. john c.
john cresser

Post by john cresser »

the first price was £200 but the man didnt see the bike and didnt allow for the link pipes, it is a one man operation called PGW engineering in Paignton.
callam_nffc wrote:Whos making these John? Dare I ask how much? Lol
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

John to post pics you need to use an online image hosting site like photobucket or equivalent. You then copy and paste the code across into your posts. :thumbup:

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 18&t=27367

I could do with a firm like that to do my exhaust. Might be an excuse to go down to Dawlish. Airshow is coming up shortly too. :think:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
john cresser

Post by john cresser »

cybercarl wrote:John to post pics you need to use an online image hosting site like photobucket or equivalent. You then copy and paste the code across into your posts. :thumbup:

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 18&t=27367

I could do with a firm like that to do my exhaust. Might be an excuse to go down to Dawlish. Airshow is coming up shortly too. :think:

thanks for that i will give it a go, pay us a visit paignton is ok.
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Titanium will sound nicer, even saying it sounds nicer :thumbup:
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Talking about Titanium, I just done a google search on them and on a forum someone is enquiring about welding steel to Titanium and someone said to give PGW engineering and speak to Pete Weller. :) John when you are down there next could ask them if they can weld Steel to Titanium for me please. And yes next time I'm in Dawlish (my sister lives there) I shall PM you and we can go for a ride. Last time I was in Paignton was for the steam train to Dartmouth.

john cresser

Post by john cresser »

cybercarl wrote:Talking about Titanium, I just done a google search on them and on a forum someone is enquiring about welding steel to Titanium and someone said to give PGW engineering and speak to Pete Weller. :) John when you are down there next could ask them if they can weld Steel to Titanium for me please. And yes next time I'm in Dawlish (my sister lives there) I shall PM you and we can go for a ride. Last time I was in Paignton was for the steam train to Dartmouth.

steam train how old are you?
petes number is 07518023911 if you need to know quickly but it may be friday before i see him.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Choo Choo :lol: Not old enough to remember Steam trains when they where in service so it's something a little different. Plus they sound and smell nice. :biggrin I'm in no hurry mate but would be nice to know. I'm just thinking ahead. :thumbup:

john cresser

Post by john cresser »

just been to see my bike all finished looking and sounding great made by PGW engineering £300 cans link pipes and fitted very pleased.
john cresser

Post by john cresser »

cybercarl wrote:Choo Choo :lol: Not old enough to remember Steam trains when they where in service so it's something a little different. Plus they sound and smell nice. :biggrin I'm in no hurry mate but would be nice to know. I'm just thinking ahead. :thumbup:

seen the bike all finished pick it up tomorrow excellent job. as to your question pete does not weld steel to titanium. :( :( :( :(
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Oh well thanks for asking.

Looking forward to seeing the pics of your exhaust. That firm seem to have a very good reputation for making exhausts. And £300 for two hand made exhausts and link pipes I think is a very good deal.

seb421

Post by seb421 »

john cresser wrote:
just been to see my bike all finished looking and sounding great made by PGW engineering £300 cans link pipes and fitted very pleased.
Pictures please

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033