Weekend ride 14-16th June 2013 - Leicestershire

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

Ckennedy

Weekend ride 14-16th June 2013 - Leicestershire

Post by Ckennedy »

My missus has just been invited on a long weekend with some friends so I now have a nice weekend to myself so my question is....

Whos up for a weekend away on the bikes? I havn't got a clue where so I am open to suggestions. C'mon lads whos game?
Last edited by Ckennedy on Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tekram La

Re: Weekend ride 14-16th June 2013

Post by Tekram La »

Sounds good mate, Might struggle to get another weekend off so soon after Op Storm tho :(
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

I would definitely have come, but im at a stag do on the 15th/16th of June.

Will be along if the wedding called off between now and then though :)
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Miztaziggy wrote:I would definitely have come, but im at a stag do on the 15th/16th of June.

Will be along if the wedding called off between now and then though :)
Fingers crossed they hey :wink: :lol:

Alec sorry to hear that. I know it is soon, only found out 5mins before posting this thread that I had another weekend without the missus :lol:
Virt

Post by Virt »

Meant to be going to a trackday on the Sunday to watch my brother participate in his first... But he's a grown adult, I'm in :lol: :lol:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Ha Ha good on you young Virt :thumbup: Like I say I do not know where the ride out will be. Might stay localish but as I said, I am open to suggestions.
Virt

Post by Virt »

Well Leicester is about 20 minutes of spirited riding from me and I very rarely turn down time on the bike. It can start in Transfagarasan for all I care :wink: Although that would require the entire week being booked off :p
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

I know what you mean, especially if the sun is out. Hate to waste a day of sunshine. There are plenty of places I would like to go on the bike in the UK but I think I need more than 2 1/2 days to do it :lol:
Virt

Post by Virt »

Ckennedy wrote:I know what you mean, especially if the sun is out. Hate to waste a day of sunshine. There are plenty of places I would like to go on the bike in the UK but I think I need more than 2 1/2 days to do it :lol:
Just realised 14th is a friday, not sure if I'll be able to book that day off work though. Got exams 10th and 13th, apprenticeship thingy with my assessor on the 11th.. And I don't think they'll appreciate me only doing one full day, Thursday, in the entire week. I'll be up for riding out to wherever you may be on the morning of the 15th though :)

And yeah. I know, the problems of being employed!! :lol: :thumbdown:
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

I know what you mean Virt. I have just about finished my Apprenticeship and there were times I only worked 1 day in a week due to training ect. I just booked the days off that I wanted. Not letting them tell me when I can and cant have my holidays :lol:
Virt

Post by Virt »

Ckennedy wrote:I know what you mean Virt. I have just about finished my Apprenticeship and there were times I only worked 1 day in a week due to training ect. I just booked the days off that I wanted. Not letting them tell me when I can and cant have my holidays :lol:
Well my training works in 2 week blocks so it won't be a common thing. it's also that it's the week I get back from the training I start tomorrow. And I hate the courses, but I love my work.. I need a couple of days beforehand to keep my sanity :crazy: I'll also feel guilty about it :( Or I could ride over after work or something. All depends on the plans for what happens :thumbup:
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Well I will finish work at 14:30 so if won't matter if we were to leave around 18:00 and then ride to where ever. Ride out on saturday and then head back sunday or just do 1 huge loop and stay in 2 different places. Not thought loads about it, wanted to find out who is up for it.
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Maybe another Yorkshire ride out?

I know a decent campsite
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Ha Ha. It is quite possible. I did rather enjoy myself. Were you volunteering to be a guide flatline? :wink:
Virt

Post by Virt »

Ckennedy wrote:Well I will finish work at 14:30 so if won't matter if we were to leave around 18:00 and then ride to where ever. Ride out on saturday and then head back sunday or just do 1 huge loop and stay in 2 different places. Not thought loads about it, wanted to find out who is up for it.
Fair enough. I'm up for it anyway, as long as I don't get left for dust I can't complain :lol: :thumbup: I'll blag an early finish at work if necessary