Op Storm Bonny Scotland 16-18th August 2013

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

adyf

Op Storm Bonny Scotland 16-18th August 2013

Post by adyf »

,it's a long way even to Yorkshire for some of our northern cousins so time has come to frighten some scotish sheep for a change .ad Riders so far ady f, miztaziggy , Alistair ,grumpyfrog ,ayreshire stormers , anyone else? Camping Friday and Saturday nights 12quid, trust me the roads are awsome ,any of our new northern members this will be a good chance to meet some of the crew and have a great time.
Last edited by adyf on Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
AMCQ46

Re: op storm bonny scotland

Post by AMCQ46 »

we are now settled on 16, 17, 18 Aug

Location Kirkcudbright in SW Scotland http://goo.gl/maps/fPKDJ
Has to be camping as my Wife has rented the house of over those 2 weeks [we change over on Saturday, so she would rather have £900 rent from 2 lettings than let us have the house for 2 nights............I have taught her well ].

friday will ride up taking in the east side stopping at a Buddest Temple,
http://goo.gl/maps/hJCn2
would pick up Ziggy and Ady in Settle or Hawes. and we can pick Grumpyfrog up in Hawick.
Note this may now change to a more direct run up the A6 with both ziggy and Grumpyfrog having to be in work on friday.........plan will be to meet in Settle at 4.30pm friday

Saturday we will do 300 to 400 miles in SW scotland
http://goo.gl/maps/Ul8g7
meeting Mattster and the Ayrshire crew in carpark of Dobbies Garden World outside Ayr at 10.30am

Sunday we will ride south using some of the Bike 8 routes that take us over all the high passes in north yorkshire and drops us down into Glossop when we will then take Snake Pass into Derbyshire [this is the full section from Bike mag, but I will not be heading into Wales unless we all fancy that as well] http://goo.gl/maps/GWJ9x.

Attending
AMQ - camping
Grumpyfrog - camping
Miztaziggy- camping
Adyf- not coming :(
Rob??
Mattster and some mates as a day triper,
awgh69 damaged wrist so cant ride
Last edited by AMCQ46 on Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:10 pm, edited 7 times in total.
AMcQ
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Sorry Alistair, will be going to Wales in September so no time or money
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

if anyone is interested in coming up the east coast at anytime just brop me a line.
just give me a weeks notice so I can dump the brats with the ex.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
adyf

Post by adyf »

August,September what ever ,don't have kids so any weekend you like just let me know and I'm there,if this doesn't pan out i will pm you Stuart and lyndsay,got to ride in Scotland this year stuff going to ride round London ,give me scenery fast open roads and good company that's all I need .ady f.
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Yeah I would be up for it in August or whenever....sounds like a plan
Rob

Post by Rob »

adyf wrote:August,September what ever ,don't have kids so any weekend you like just let me know and I'm there,if this doesn't pan out i will pm you Stuart and lyndsay,got to ride in Scotland this year stuff going to ride round London ,give me scenery fast open roads and good company that's all I need .ady f.
If Al can't get anything sorted I would be up for this to :thumbup:
'02 VTR1000-FY Yellow.
'12 Moto Guzzi Griso 8V SE Tenni.
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Not sure I can make August as the missus wants a holiday then and I think its over the water :(

Hope you all have a good time, I shall keep my eye open for the final date incase I can make it :thumbup:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

if we are going to do this it will be a weekend in August, butt to make it worth your while we should consider a long weekend with minimum 3 days better still 4 days. We would base the trip in SW scotland in the town of Kirkcudbright.

Looking at Friday to ride up using A roads and some of teh north Yorkshire moors that Flatline was using last weekend, and then finally using the A6 up to carlisle. plan would be for those south of me to get to solihull by noon [or welcome to stop over] then we would try and gather any others on the route up.
Ride out Saturday - BBQ and get pissed Sat night
Ride out Sunday - get pissed then eat
Ride home monday over all the high peaks and moors dropping down to Snake Pass in Derbyshire and then Ashbourne to Lichfield and onto the motorways for everyone to get home.

I have a house up there so there will be some rooms free [unless the best weekend for us is already booked out in which case I will camp too!], and there is a campsite 100yds away.

so who is going to be able to take the time off and what weekends work.
AMcQ
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

If I can save enough money I should be able to do this one but it would have to be the 1st or 2nd weekend if I do as me and the missus are away the 3rd week and I get the feeling that will cost me an arm and a leg as I do not know we (she) wants to go. Pencil me in please Al and I shall let you know closer to the time whether funds (missus) will allow. What kind of total mileage do you think we will be covering?
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Well put me down as a definite for pretty much whenever, I still have 20 days holiday to take before the end of the year, so it's all good :D
adyf

Post by adyf »

Sounds spot on al put me down as a Defoe,thanks for not taking offence at my little nudge ,its just after the Yorkshire run seemed so long till September and the Wales outing.
Tekram La

Post by Tekram La »

Could more than likely do this with it being a couple of months away, so would be rude not to.
Rob

Post by Rob »

I'm definitely in if work allows. This is going to be hard to organize due to the distance for a lot of people but I have no doubt it will be well worth it :thumbup:
'02 VTR1000-FY Yellow.
'12 Moto Guzzi Griso 8V SE Tenni.
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Oh yes please.
Let me know the date and I'll head down. Not booked any other holidays so plan to use them all bike related.
Might have to bring along another slow rider to keep me company at the back :wink:
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time