Sunday 12th early ride out midlands

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

AMCQ46

Sunday 12th early ride out midlands

Post by AMCQ46 »

I will be riding out to mid Wales Sunday morning if anybody local wants to tag along.

Plan is to set off at 7.30 from Solihull then through Worcester by 8.15 then out the A44 to Crassgates for a cup of tea and petrol then up to Newtown then back home via Ludlow and clee hill. For me this is just under 200 miles and gets me back home before 11 so I don't get a bolloking about spending all day on my bike.

Anybody on route is welcome to tag along. The pace will be "progressive" :D

Just got to fix the rear puncture I found last night :(
AMcQ
benny hedges

Re: Sunday 12th early ride out midlands

Post by benny hedges »

im setting out for rhayader in a bit mate so might bump into you :)
was going to go yesterday but realised the reason my bike has suddenly took a dislike to left handers....

this is the 2nd front sportmax that has done this.... (after 7k though)
its worn very pointy and felt very uneasy on the road, falling too quick into l/h bends....
even experience a few wobbly slappers in the last week or so, mainly when going for the overtake and hitting cats eyes....
considering how the sp should handle there was obviously something wrong! :think:

anyway i fitted a mint set of (free) diablo rosso corsas - with another new fitting method lol.
this time i used my bead breaker to pop the bead, then put the rim flat on top of a scooter wheel and used the beadbreaker to push the old tyre off the rim instead of using levers or cable ties.
then same to pop it back on :)
works very well indeed and was a very fast tyre change - best ive done myself anyway, and no marks on the wheel :thumbup:

this is a 180 profile nstead of the standard 190 - a few guys who use their sp for track days says they prefer it so no harm done (especially for free!)
free is my favourite number!

anyway regarding today al - will be heading down via welshpool n newtown, crossgates etc so give us a ring when you land.... 07429 667 047 - leave a msg if theres no answer cos it means im on the road!

saying that, half the crew coming with me are slow arses so we'll probably be passing wrexham while you're home with your feet up! (it took 7hrs to get to aber with them last time lol!) :roll:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Lol benny..... I am going out tomorrow not today! So hope you have managed to get your lot back to base by the time I get there :lol:

Will put your new number in my phone as the one I had must be old as it is not that one!
AMcQ
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

AMCQ46 wrote:Lol benny..... I am going out tomorrow not today! So hope you have managed to get your lot back to base by the time I get there :lol:

Will put your new number in my phone as the one I had must be old as it is not that one!
we're stopping over in rhayader.
was going to camp at wyeside as usual but didnt seem worth it for one night so we're all b&b.

bryncoed guest house btw - is £27 for the room and has 4 beds in our room!

need geo or someone to send me the route we too over elan valley - i now how to get to it but not sure where it will bring us out lol!
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Elan vally road , It brings you out the bottom of the village, you can see the town so will make sense when you are there.

Ok so you will still be round the area at 9.30 Sunday when I get to Crossgates, will text you
AMcQ
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

yeh but its where it brings us out at the other end lol, for a round route....
MJONESY

Post by MJONESY »

Good to see you yesterday benny, bit odd randomly bumping into you in rhug, hope you had a good run down to rhayader and the weather didnt cause you to many problems, :thumbup: :thumbup:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I didn't bump to any of you :lol: But I was running late as I agreed to bring #2 daughter on the back, and it took her an age to get ready :(

Got to Crossgates without rain, and there was only drizzle from there till Clee Hill when we decided it was time to get the waterproof s on, and then we had some serious rain after that.

Nice ride out and we had fun :thumbup:
AMcQ