ppi phone sellers

General Biker Banter
gafr

ppi phone sellers

Post by gafr »

very pissed off today with some bunch of tossers who call themselves Hall & Hanley, asking about ppi claims ( if you want to make one).
apparently while i was in work this afternoon, my 15 year old son took a phone call from this group, when asked if he required any ppi claims
he said no thanks and the guy one the other end of the phone called him a wombles wonker and then put the phone down.
alright, hes 15 so he probably uses language like that himself, but thats besides the point.
luckily, the missus was there and she phoned them back to complain about this oik, she insisted on talking to the line manager who played back their recording of the chat and he admitted that he had heard their seller calling my son a****************.
he apologised profusley , but im not happy with this git, i hope the wombles looses his job over this.
sorry to go on but this has really got me going.
BUNCH OF TOSSERS !!!

Rant over..................... :evil:
VTRDark

Re: ppi phone sellers

Post by VTRDark »

That is bang out of order. I hope he gets reprimanded too. I'm sure a formal letter from yourself to their head office addressed straight to the top would do the trick. It's bad enough that these people cold call on private phone lines. I don't even bother to answer the phone now these days unless I know who is calling. The amount of international calls is ridiculous. It piss's me off. Marketing companies, insurance, no win no fees, etc etc.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
whitestorm pete

Post by whitestorm pete »

i get at least three calls a week of these ppi bell ends its getting on me tits to be honest
If sh1t were money you would be worth a fortune
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

If you register for TPS ( ans in this context it's Telephone Preference Service :D ), it will stop the UK based ones, but not international ones. I never answer withhelds or international calls either. Also, unless there is a real reason for someone having your mobile number, don't give it out as it may be sold on to these ambulance chasers.

Not excusing their practices at all, but many of the people working for these call centres have been out of work for ages, have been told a pack of lies when they joined the companies and then are desperate to keep their jobs as they can't now sign on again straightaway.
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

piss me right off as well. Gafr - as you have a number for them and a recording etc you can lodge a complaint with Ofcom I think it is. Bang out of order, like the ambulance chasers when you get your insurance done - the companies sell your data to these firms hence the calls. I reversed into a bollard once, couple of hundred quid's worth of damage, and I still get calls saying I'm due compensation etc etc and when I tell them I'm not they get the right butt.
Furrybiker

Post by Furrybiker »

I seem to be getting fewer of these calls since I started agreeing to them calling me back, (Press 5 for one of our tossers to call you back)

When they do call back ask them to "Hang on while I get him, don't hang up he really wanted to talk to you!"

Then put phone down and get on with whatever you were doing. I think this has quartered the number of calls I get.

:beer:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

talk talk got a 750,000 fine today for silent calls, when they ring you up but don't speak, they blamed in on various telemarketing companies.... :roll:
my nan is 88 and sometimes she has to get up to anwser the phone, it pisses me right off when its a cold caller or silent call.... :twisted:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

I normally have two or three a day on my answer phone when I get home from work. I 've been registered with the TPS for ages but it hasn't stopped them all (even the UK ones)
I just don't answer the phone on a night now unless I recognise the number :evil: :evil:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
thumperslaw

Post by thumperslaw »

I keep them on the phone and stick it next to my speaker at home. Great when i play call of duty :thumbup: :thumbup:
98 storm with goodies!

Srad seven fiddy stuntbike

K100 "flying brick"

R.I.P engine number 5