Track day obsessed

General Biker Banter
Bullyboydave

Track day obsessed

Post by Bullyboydave »

A friend of mine did a recent track day, and was amazed at the fact that he kept up with and passed so many of the guys with a dedicated track bike, you know the ones lucky enough to have a tuned bike, van , pit team, tyre warmer s. and a full set of spares. He rode there on a 97 Storm with worn out suspension (original stuff) road tyres and nothing but a set of cans , and was so pleased that he pissed off so many wanabee Rossi's lol. I think that it is because a lot of track day lovers don't ride a road bike enough, and the fact that even a near standard Firestorm is such an awesome bike. The best thing is though,when you go as an underdog and have nothing to lose ,but everything to gain in respect. Storms really are so underrated , I compared mine to my old zx6 96 model, and it is so much smaller and lighter, but with so much more rideable power. Think I might be ,keeping mine for a long time, hope Honda bring out another similar bike in the not to distant future. :D :thumbup:
If Carlsberg made bikes, they would be V Twins
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Re: Track day obsessed

Post by Pete.L »

+1 :thumbup:
A very underated bike in my opinion. It takes more than a few bikes by surprise :D

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
leevtr

Re: Track day obsessed

Post by leevtr »

I also agree with that, but your mate would've probably done the same on other bikes. I went to the nurburgring a few years back, ended up road riding with a group of fellas on Blades, Busa's, Blackbirds, an SP1 etc. Their apparent pack leader was riding a Ducati 999r, with chewed up tyres, and Ohlins back & Front. I rode around the outside of him and his mates on the track, and cleared off, on a CB1300S, with Avon storms on it.

He didn't like it much :lol: :lol:
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "