Bull sh1t Power Again

General Biker Banter
seb421

Bull sh1t Power Again

Post by seb421 »

My mate has it in his head that his 2003 350z Stock has 280+ hp at the wheels

i've tried telling him that's not at the wheels but he wont have it, cant wait to show him this

http://www.importtuner.com/powerpages/0 ... ewall.html

On the Dynojet, the 287 flywheel horsepower resulted in 231.8 hp and 227.1 lb-ft of torque to the wheels.

:Beer Popcorn:

Even the mechanic was trying to claim he had 150 rwhp on his stock 98 R1, ....try 128 mate
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
callam_nffc

Re: Bull sh1t Power Again

Post by callam_nffc »

just about everyone I know will claim peak power, not many are honest enough to give its actual power at the wheels
CBR125 - XJ600S DIVERSION - YZF600R THUNDERCAT - VTR1000 FIRESTORM
I still crave a supermoto...
Bullyboydave

Post by Bullyboydave »

My Jag makes more than that , and it's slow compared to my Storm. Slow compared to my RM aswell lol. Cars suck mate, you want real power, get a bike :-)
If Carlsberg made bikes, they would be V Twins
Bullyboydave

Post by Bullyboydave »

Superbike did a test on a stack of bikes including 3 R1's and they all hit about 128 bhp, from a claimed 150bhp that's a major loss. Think a lot of bikes don't make the right figures, depends on engine running in etc. Think the only bike in the test that made its claimed bhp was an old Kawasaki ZZR 1100, A lot of car and bike lovers exaggerate the bhp for their ride, but power ain't everything, it's how it's used and how it's put down , that's my opinion . Regards Dude
If Carlsberg made bikes, they would be V Twins
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Bullyboydave wrote:Superbike did a test on a stack of bikes including 3 R1's and they all hit about 128 bhp, from a claimed 150bhp that's a major loss. Think a lot of bikes don't make the right figures, depends on engine running in etc. Think the only bike in the test that made its claimed bhp was an old Kawasaki ZZR 1100, A lot of car and bike lovers exaggerate the bhp for their ride, but power ain't everything, it's how it's used and how it's put down , that's my opinion . Regards Dude
it is 150hp but not after its been through the box and chain and put down on the road

i just wish it was law that all manufactures quoted power figures was true whp figures to stop naive folk from being misled
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

Bullyboydave wrote: A lot of car and bike lovers exaggerate the bhp for their ride, but power ain't everything, it's how it's used and how it's put down , that's my opinion . Regards Dude
same as Richard swingers in all walks really
you want real power, get a bike
that is going on my plate. forum philosophy at it's most refined :clap:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

callam_nffc wrote:just about everyone I know will claim peak power, not many are honest enough to give its actual power at the wheels
mines a 108 on the wheel on a good day .
on a bad day its got 200 on the front wheel :lol:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

mines got a dyno'd 167bhp............................oh no wait thats 67bhp :oops: :oops: :oops:

it was running on one cylinder intermitently...... :eh:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Virt

Post by Virt »

bigspanishmarty wrote:mines got a dyno'd 167bhp............................oh no wait thats 67bhp :oops: :oops: :oops:

it was running on one cylinder intermitently...... :eh:

Look on the bright side, that's twice as much as I currently get on 4 cylinders!!! :lol:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
callam_nffc

Post by callam_nffc »

probably cos jags weigh a tonne lol

the only time Ive ever been done was by this black impreza, sounded like it had anti-lag and was spitting flames like there was no tomorrow
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

seb421 wrote:
Bullyboydave wrote:Superbike did a test on a stack of bikes including 3 R1's and they all hit about 128 bhp, from a claimed 150bhp that's a major loss. Think a lot of bikes don't make the right figures, depends on engine running in etc. Think the only bike in the test that made its claimed bhp was an old Kawasaki ZZR 1100, A lot of car and bike lovers exaggerate the bhp for their ride, but power ain't everything, it's how it's used and how it's put down , that's my opinion . Regards Dude
it is 150hp but not after its been through the box and chain and put down on the road

i just wish it was law that all manufactures quoted power figures was true whp figures to stop naive folk from being misled
that's 128bhp at about 10,000rpm.

how many riders ever take their bike anywhere near the limiter?
realistically they're probably riding round 50 - 65hp.

look at any firestorm dyno charts and you will see the power comes in very steep from low rpm and you are making 75-80hp at the wheel at 3500 - 4000rpm.
thats what makes them so rideable imo.
to keep almost any inline 4 up there you would have to be working the gearbox pretty hard to keep it on song.

one bloke told me he had his storm dyno'd and they measured the power at the camshafts, at the gearbox and at the rear wheel.
how did they do that then i asked..... and where was this lol :think:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
callam_nffc

Post by callam_nffc »

well Benny I can certainly say that on previous bikes I used to thrash the life out of them when going out with certain mates

and I certainly agree its more whos riding the bike that makes the big difference usually
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Yep, life at the limiter is where it's at, for sure.
Although your common or garden vee twin is probably more useful lower down.
But if you can't bounce it off the limiter in the lower gears you'll never know what it'll really do.

I just want it all, really. BHP and grunt out of the corners. Probably I should have bought a Triumph trip.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
callam_nffc

Post by callam_nffc »

my mates just bought a speed triple R, safe to say I'm jealous lol

I'm used to keeping an inline 4 screaming to keep it really. motoring, which is probably why this storm will take a lot of practice to get the most from it :)
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

It's the same as manufactures quoting DRY weights of bikes.
They even drain the forks of oil! I think BMW are the only one that give at true weight with all fluids in the bike!