First Firestorm

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
SteveCam

First Firestorm

Post by SteveCam »

Hey All,

Here is my Firestorm got her yesterday. Always wanted a V twin. Still not sure about the colour though. I would love to full lower fairing or some different fairings has anyone had any luck with fitting fairings from the sp1 or other bikes?

lloydie

Re: First Firestorm

Post by lloydie »

Hello and welcome .
That's the best colour yellow as it really pops in the sun when its been given a good polish .

As for fairings anything can fit if you have the tools money and know how
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

I don't think they would fit off an sp. ones specifically made for the storm are available though.

welcome to the forum, you will enjoy bike I am sure :thumbup:
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Welcome to the forum mate. Have a look through the pimp my ride section to get an idea of what others have done. Also worth looking through Google images to see where you can go with the Storm but always keep in mind that you are unlikely to get any return on your investment.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

welcome to the forum buddy, anythings possible, but its all in the detail, i've seen pictures of a few storms wearing sp bodywork, the front fairings can be made to look good, but the seat unit doesn't look so good...
loads of different seat units can be made to fit, but i'm told its a pain in the butt, i like the idea of painting the underside of the rear fairing black, it helps break up the rather bulbous lines of the original rearend.....
let us know how you get on.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Welcomes, fairly popular in the States putting other bikes body kits on the firestorm, have a search on there bud, ive seen blades used, SP's used, Ninjas etc

With a bit of graft just about anything will go on

As said, expect little return for your efforts, if the bikes a keeper then go for it, otherwise have a look at powerbronze for the best fairing lowers
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
playerone

Post by playerone »

SP fairings on a storm, has to be noted he started off with blank race fairings and drilled them himself to suit the brackets :thumbup: - http://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/mo ... awk-20123/
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Welcome to the forum....how dare you not like that yellow :lol:
AMcQ
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

That's a nice looking mod. Don't like the VTR on the front but the effects good.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Greetings - It's possible fairing & tail have bee resprayed as decals are missing, or the PO got bored and scraped them off.

Head on over to the workshop knowledgebase to see what needs to be done to sort out the CCTs & R/R before worrying about cosmetics.

Enjoy
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Welcome to the forum. Nice Devil cans :)

Check out Mario Nava if you have deep pockets.
http://web.tiscalinet.it/mario_nava/vtr1000r_e.html

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
SteveCam

Post by SteveCam »

Thank you for a ll you replies. I think its because ive always had blue or black bikes. The yellow is growing on me.
I like that SP1 fairing but agree with Kev. First thing to go is that number plate hanger. 8O
SteveCam

Post by SteveCam »

Wicky wrote:Greetings - It's possible fairing & tail have bee resprayed as decals are missing, or the PO got bored and scraped them off.

Head on over to the workshop knowledgebase to see what needs to be done to sort out the CCTs & R/R before worrying about cosmetics.

Enjoy

Hi Wicky,

PO told me that he took them off. Paint job is perfect if they have been sprayed.
Cheers for the advise on the CCT's and R/R. I've heard Honda R/R's are crap and should mod an R1 R/R?
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

get the dremmel out steve, or get yourself an aftermarket undertray, tidy's things up no end.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

playerone wrote:SP fairings on a storm, has to be noted he started off with blank race fairings and drilled them himself to suit the brackets :thumbup: - http://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/mo ... awk-20123/
well I stand corrected (nothing new) sh1t load of work though

that bike of the super chicken forum looks very nice :thumbup:
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.