Which browser are you using?

Please use this forum to ask our resident IT geeks advice.
sirch345
Site Admin

Which browser are you using?

Post by sirch345 »

Out of interest which browser for Windows are you using most of the time?

I'm a big fan of the Opera browser, I've been using it for years. Occasionally I try a different one and usually end up back with Opera.

Just lately I've been using Google Chrome's browser, as my son was onto me about giving it ago again. I had been enjoying it a lot this time, well that was until Hotmail decided to upgrade my email account to Outlook.com.
Since that has happened I cannot attach files anymore. Up until that point it was working great :problem:
So until I find an answer for that, it's back to Opera once again :)

Chris.
darkember

Re: Which browser are you using?

Post by darkember »

Used Opera for about a year but find I prefer Mozilla Firefox. Have not used Explorer for years. Tell a lie I do use it when I reinstall my OS as its the only one available. Mind you its only used to download the latest version of Mozilla :D
geodude

Post by geodude »

I switch between Chrome and Firefox. I mainly use chrome though.
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Stick with Opera Chris. Opera is a superb browser just as good, if not better than Firefox. Don't forget Chrome is owned by Google and they will be spying on you even more with their browser.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Virt

Post by Virt »

Used to use Chrome but it's a PITA at times. I stick to Mozilla Firefox now, it's open source software so whenever I want to change something on the browser I can just do it myself :) And it helps that pages actually work on it, facebook never worked on Chrome. I'd have to click links and then refresh the page twice before it would load the page and display stuff, and messages never worked. YouTube was also prone to crashing :lol:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

YouTube was also prone to crashing
That says it all really considering Google also own Youtube. If they can't get their own products to work nicely together :roll:

Virt

Post by Virt »

cybercarl wrote:That says it all really considering Google also own Youtube. If they can't get their own products to work nicely together :roll:

It gets worse, even Google itself was prone to not working :lol: though that was a fair bit rarer, as YouTube usually only worked for like 30 minutes a day. :lol: :lol: Open Source Software is just the way to go, embrace the future :3
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
Saintsman27

Post by Saintsman27 »

I routinely use the latest firefox by Mozilla for web surfing . I also use a lightweight browser
called Midori which is just as quick as firefox...both systems run very quickly on my linux laptop I have
no issues with either :D
Alb
gafr

Post by gafr »

latest version of mozilla firefox (19).
no problems with it and quick enough! :thumbup:
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Used Mozilla for years, But been an avid Chrome user for last 18 month or more, love it, google drive and google docs
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

seb421 wrote:Used Mozilla for years, But been an avid Chrome user for last 18 month or more, love it, google drive and google docs
same for me
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Thanks to all for your replies. Some good advice there about sticking with my old favourite Opera :D I have Firefox on my pc, but if I'm honest, I never have really liked the set up. Everyone to their own opinion I know, and as these replies show a lot do like Firefox.

Right now though I'm having more problems than just the one with Chrome, I'm on the missus computer right now.

I'll post a new thread about that and see if any of you can help. It all went wrong with Avast update!

Cheers,

Chris.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Firefox is popular because it is open source and there is a vast amount of add on/extensions that can be added to it. Though too many can slow it down and some may cause conflicts. It's also very secure and is independent from the the rest of the system. In other words it does not need to install things in various folders across your system folder/main operating system to function. Opera is also open source but does not have as many add ons/extensions available as Firefox.

Sorry to hear your having more than browser problems. It's not nice when something goes tits up. You may have to find a way of reverting back.

lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I use chrome and never had an issue. With it yet .
Rob

Post by Rob »

Waterfox.

64bit build of Firefox. Supposed to be quicker but I doubt it's noticeable. I just like to be different and rarely use Windows anyway.
'02 VTR1000-FY Yellow.
'12 Moto Guzzi Griso 8V SE Tenni.