Hi :)

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
keitch93

Hi :)

Post by keitch93 »

Hi guys, new to the forum, just bought a vtr1000 on the weekend :thumbup: , its a 1999 model in back and gold with only 10k on the clock :biggrin , it only has a carbon hugger and a full stainless aftermarket exhaust (not sure of the brand as some plonker stuck v-force.com stickers over the name), however i am looking to make a few personal touches in time; suspension, and... i could go on for hours :L anyway i will upload some photos and keep updated on my progress :)
cheers guys :)
AMCQ46

Re: Hi :)

Post by AMCQ46 »

Welcome to the forum, your bike sounds like a good one, enjoy the addiction of modding :D
AMcQ
Virt

Post by Virt »

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the mad house :lol: I'm guessing it's the glossy black then? :)
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
macdee

Post by macdee »

where you frome boy :lol: :lol:
told you not to but oh no you knew better
keitch93

Post by keitch93 »

yep, looking forward to making my stamp on this bike xD and it is glossy black ye :) and im from* somerset england
Virt

Post by Virt »

Yeah that is a pretty bike :D Shame about the gloss though :thumbdown: :wink:
keitch93

Post by keitch93 »

I reckon it looks gorgeous in glossy black tbh, and the noise it makes is phenomenal, my first 1000cc bike and couldnt have asked for a better one i dont reckon :)
Virt

Post by Virt »

keitch93 wrote: my first 1000cc bike
You and me both, your age is a bit young to be riding one of these :wink:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Common Virt get a grip, Gloss Black is faster than the matt, especially when restricted :lol: Air flows faster over the shiny Gloss.

Welcome to the forum, :beer: Nice low mileage one you have there. I'm sure you will be personalising it sooner enough. Have a good read through the workshop knowlagebase, plenty of ideas and inspiration there. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
keitch93

Post by keitch93 »

I have been riding bikes for about 4 years now, passed my test on my 17th birthday and had my restrictors in my gpz600r for about 6 months until they 'fell out'. got bored of thrashing the balls off a boring in line four so went for a 1000cc v-twin :) im still very cautious on it, but im a big lad and seem to be settling into the bike ok :) can only getter better from here :)
Virt

Post by Virt »

cybercarl wrote:Common Virt get a grip, Gloss Black is faster than the matt, especially when restricted :lol: Air flows faster over the shiny Gloss.
(:-})
Nah, the good ol' matte black is only on German imports or something right? It's optimised for razzing it down the autobahn past all the lambo's and ferrari's. You have no hope. And my restrictor is nothing to do with my colour, that's because the law thinks I'd kill myself on a 100+ bhp V-Twin when I start riding it 2 weeks before my 19th birthday... They're probably right actually :lol:

And keitch, you better appear on some of the rideouts :D Need more of us young'uns to keep the old men at bay :lol:
keitch93

Post by keitch93 »

im sure i will be appearing at some rideouts this summer however hard work means little play time, and i work pretty much 7 days a week 12 hours a day in the summer, but thats what holidays are for ey :) and not even sure if i like the idea of having to keep old men at bay :L so ill just have to ride faster than them ;)
Virt

Post by Virt »

Good man, but that's kinda suckish really. Not a lot of time to destro- I mean, modify your storm then :wink: And they all seem relatively... safe, except BigVeeGrin. He's definitely a groomer ( please don't hurt me :( )
That's a good idea though, I'll just stay at the back with the evil washers of doom in my carbs :lol:
keitch93

Post by keitch93 »

oh i always have time to tinker with my bike :) start work at 5 in the morning :sad2 but it means im usaull home for 5 and will play with my bike till i fall alseep :lol: and i know what you mean about those restrictors, they dont seem too bad when you pit them against a car, but when you go to try and keep up with a bike its pretty nightmarish :( just make them fall out one weekend, it isnt hard to do :)
Virt

Post by Virt »

Fair play, I always have time to uhh.. repair my bike! :( Oh I know how to take them out easily, we put them in in the first place (were originally done by a dealer for my bro when it was his bike.. then we removed them but never removed the sticker. sneaky) but I'm not sure if it's a sensible idea to put a 97bhp bike in my hands :lol: And my brother and dad would notice that i could actually keep up with them whenever we go out on a ride :/