Post by Stratman »

lloydiecbr wrote:[youtube] &feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

remove the &feature=youtu.be
Ta muchly :D
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

VTRDark

Re: 1776 all over again

Post by VTRDark »

Piers Morgan met his match there. He couldn't control that interview or argument. :lol: :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Virt

Post by Virt »

To be fair, they both have their points.
Whichever of the amendments it is that says they have the right to bear arms, it's part of their culture so you can't get rid of firearms. However, you should definitely limit what firearms they can have. A civvy does not NEED to own a 12 gauge shotgun, semi/fully-automatic assault rifle, sub machine gun and enough pistols to murder an entire city...

It's not so much with handguns or the weapons a civvy should own, but guns aren't meant to kill people.. They're meant to cause havok and confusion. That is it! They don't need to own so many guns, one handgun and, say, 2 magazines of standard ammunition for it is enough to protect your family from all but a royal wombles over...
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Alex Jones is part of a 2- 5%* of the US population who subscribe to right wing / libertarianism with a juicy slice a conspiracy theory thrown in . This minority are accepted as fringe, due to constitutional free speech but they can pop up into mainstream publicity as our own barking mad David Icke does occasionally.

Even as much as I loathe Piers Morgan, all he has suggested is that Americans consider the ease of availability of combat assault rifles used in mass shottings that occur so frequently, but the gun adoring paranoid zealots see that as a slippery slope to reptoid NWO stripping away all their weapons before they are led away to FEMA concentration camps.

All-in-all not a pretty or edifying sight watching the Americans split down such divisive lines, when they have achieved so much i.e Civil rights, Apollo etc., I seriously hope they can avoid a civil war, as with so many guns available it will get messy.

* Based up on local elections in California (Arcata 2002) where a conspiracy nutjob managed to thankfully ONLY get 2.71% of the vote on a watered down agenda.

Edit Even as I waffle on. Another US school shooting: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20975608 :(
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

Wicky wrote:Alex Jones is part of a 2- 5%* of the US population who subscribe to right wing / libertarianism with a juicy slice a conspiracy theory thrown in . This minority are accepted as fringe, due to constitutional free speech but they can pop up into mainstream publicity as our own barking mad David Icke does occasionally.

Even as much as I loathe Piers Morgan, all he has suggested is that Americans consider the ease of availability of combat assault rifles used in mass shottings that occur so frequently, but the gun adoring paranoid zealots see that as a slippery slope to reptoid NWO stripping away all their weapons before they are led away to FEMA concentration camps.

All-in-all not a pretty or edifying sight watching the Americans split down such divisive lines, when they have achieved so much i.e Civil rights, Apollo etc., I seriously hope they can avoid a civil war, as with so many guns available it will get messy.

* Based up on local elections in California (Arcata 2002) where a conspiracy nutjob managed to thankfully ONLY get 2.71% of the vote on a watered down agenda.

Edit Even as I waffle on. Another US school shooting: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20975608 :(
Can't agree re Apollo - the Americans spirited von Braun away from Germany after the war and let many Nazi murderers out of prison early. Re Civil Rights, they objected to black US soldiers billeted here in WW2 from being allowed to drink in the same pubs. Mainly, they are a sh1t, reactionary country, IMHO.

That said, it can produce some amazing artists, musicians, films etc, most of which the "bible belt", gun toting creationists will never see, let alone understand.

We have a LOT to be grateful for having been lucky enough to have been born here.

VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

It's all going to be publicised now with the ongoing political world wide argument. I wonder if under normal circumstances before the last mass murder and everything kicked off if the BBC would have even publicised that. After all it's only 2 killings which is no big deal under normal circumstances in the states. People get shot on a daily basis whether that's from the crims, nutcases or the cops. I rekkon even more are stabbed to death in the states and the rest of the word where there are no guns.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Can't agree re Apollo - the Americans spirited von Braun away from Germany after the war and let many Nazi murderers out of prison early. Re Civil Rights, they objected to black US soldiers billeted here in WW2 from being allowed to drink in the same pubs. Mainly, they are a sh1t, reactionary country, IMHO.
They (and the UK*) spirited away a lot of folk, equipment and ideas from Germany at the end of the war - von Braun was part of a whole team that sought and gave them selves up to the US, rather than the Russians, and his contributions to rocket development in the US stalled for 10 years, as the Navy were given the task of developing the 1st satellite but failed to beat the Russians to Sputnik. Then von Braun was given freer reign ... and he came up with Jupiter the 1st rocket to carry a US satellite, Explorer and the rest is history

* T-Force: The Forgotten Heroes of 1945: The race for Nazi War Secrets >

HMS Reaper loaded with Me262s - Operation LUSTY

Here's a quick question for you: Do you think Doctors and scientists should be able to use (life-saving) data obtained from Nazi death-camp experiments? > http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/holocaust/experi02_no.html

Black civil rights and emancipation for women were helped in good part by the experiences of WW2 where they played a significant contribution to the overall war effort and helped foster greater civil rights, in the workplace and educational opportunities etc. Though in practice there is still quite of implicit & explicit racism in modern day America.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

Wicky wrote:Here's a quick question for you: Do you think Doctors and scientists should be able to use (life-saving) data obtained from Nazi death-camp experiments? > http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/holocaust/experi02_no.html
Yes I do. Unfortunately, we cannot undo that which, however appalling, has been done. To simply ignore the results would mean that these poor souls died in vain. The level of modern medicine should be considered, in part, their legacy to the rest of humanity.
Just my opinion.

And as for Mr.Jones, he looks like a prime candidate to walk into work one day and let rip in a hail of bullets because he had too much/not enough/wrong kind of (delete as you think fit) love as a child........ :crazy:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

It's not too bad, as lager goes.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

tony.mon wrote:It's not too bad, as lager goes.
:D , you may be a tad confused sir.

Stratman

Post by Stratman »

I think tht U.S. got von Braun and we got the 2 stroke DKW from which we built the BSA Bantam. What a deal :lol:

StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

I'm not against guns, but I am against assualt rifles and weapons like that, theres no need for them, people should not carry them either on person.

I can see his point on the lefties though.