crash update )

General Biker Banter
benny hedges

crash update )

Post by benny hedges »

regarding my offage - a little update.

the taxi driver's insurance have conceded liability and have given 4th dimension consent to repair my bike.
anticipated arrival date - 28th december, depending on availability of parts :)
so i am quite happy!

also i have formally accepted my new job and shoud be starting on the 10th :)

will be a while until the personal injury claim is settled and also loss of earnings etc.... but as long as ive got my bike back and it's moving forward i can breathe again lol!
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
skyman

Re: crash update )

Post by skyman »

alls going good then matey ,, pleased to hear it, nice christmas present . obvoiusly would be better if it never happened, butyou cant change the past just look forward to the future :D
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

yeh id rather it hadnt happened but i get a new job out of it and a few grand to spend... will come in handy for my euro trip this year assuming it comes through in time :)
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

good news benny :thumbup:
i hope the p,i,c works out for you to 8)
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

:thumbup: good outcome, aside from the bashes and bruises. Pleased for you as could have been so different :Beer Popcorn:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Benny the cat lands on his feet again :lol:

glad the news is good, you can buy the beer next time we meet up :beer: :thumbup:
AMcQ
mr.john.coates

Post by mr.john.coates »

Nice result!

Well done :D :D :D
NT650V in Red
VTR1000R in Blue
Pushbike in Yellow
Wife in Bed
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Good news mate. It' always a worry until you get the formal admission of liability, no matter how one sided it looks.
Looking forward to seeing the finished article, both the SP & the VTR.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

What they said. :thumbup:
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
geodude

Post by geodude »

benny hedges wrote:regarding my offage - a little update.

the taxi driver's insurance have conceded liability and have given 4th dimension consent to repair my bike.
anticipated arrival date - 28th december, depending on availability of parts :)
so i am quite happy!

also i have formally accepted my new job and shoud be starting on the 10th :)

will be a while until the personal injury claim is settled and also loss of earnings etc.... but as long as ive got my bike back and it's moving forward i can breathe again lol!
Great news!! :thumbup:
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
geodude

Post by geodude »

You gonna get one of these with the payout? :P

“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

Nice one Benny. :thumbup:
Now the question is, are they repairing it back to standard or are they modifying it to your tastes......... :)
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

benny hedges wrote:yeh id rather it hadnt happened but i get a new job out of it and a few grand to spend... will come in handy for my euro trip this year assuming it comes through in time :)
Euro trip!!

Op Storm Yorkshire more like :thumbup:
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Nice one benny atleast your going to get sorted and a new job.

Looking good.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

Flatline wrote: Euro trip!!

Op Storm Yorkshire more like :thumbup:
rotterdam - germany - austrian alps for 5/6 days, probs early june - when the tt is on lol (this is better)
limited slots.
will post up details soon as its confirmed.....

will be taking the 12hr overnight ferry from hull to rotterdam, then a fuel stop & regroup, followed by a 200 mile hoon down the mway until we see the hills of germany on the right,
then head off over the awesome mountain passes toward our first overnighter in baden baden for beer and nomms.
early start onto the awesome b500 skirting the nurburgring, possibly stopping over and using the area as a base as we know a good b&b there.

then spend a day or 2 riding the fantastic austrian passes - the roads are superb and breathtaking backdrops, then more of the same on the way back.

will only be doing 300miles(ish) a day this time, and not bothering going into italy as theres too much motorway involved.

if you want to take part register an interest - if we book the ferry early its a lot cheaper - last year was 112 return :)

cashwise youre looking at £80 in fuel a day tops, 50 for food & beer a day, 50 a night to share a room :biker:
so all in a grand will cover it tbh.

i did this earlier this year on the sp2 and was really missing my storm tbh - the roads are built for the vtr!