Is a bafflectomy louder than????

General Bike chat
Fireman on a Storm

Is a bafflectomy louder than????

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

If a bafflectomy louder that a set of Art race cans.

Been looking at a storm with standard cans. Riding in London without noisy cans is dangerous!!!!!! 8O

Had Arts on my last 2 storms and they made a lovely sound :D

Your thoughts please!
benny hedges

Re: Is a bafflectomy louder than????

Post by benny hedges »

try this practical demonstration in a busy street.

shout something offensive through a mcdonalds straw to an asian gentleman on the opposite side of the street

then repeat the same phrase shouted though a road cone.

you will get the idea. :thumbup:

tbh any decent cans with no baffles will be loud. louder than standard anyway.
the benefit of fitting aftermarket cans is more in the weight saving, plus they look better than standard zorsts.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Fireman on a Storm

But what is louder? Standard cans with a bafflectomy or a set of race cans????????????????????? :confused

I've only heard my previous storms with standard cans With baffles (too quiet) or ART cans without.

I am only thinking off the bafflectomy because it's "FREE" noise 8O My Art can were loud but not offencive. Does a Bafflectomy make it offencive or just give some more noise??
firestorm996

Post by firestorm996 »

Race cans definitely louder, bafflectomy is very bassy and good value for the price (free) but not as loud. Still loud though.
Firestorm996
'98 VTR in black - road whore - track bitch
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

have a search thru youtube mate, theres a few vids of standard cans with there baffles removed. race cans are louder and better sounding imho. but if you like the standard look, doing a bafflectomy is the way to go, i think they sound ok, and although the standard cans are heavy, they offer good crash protection and are very cheap to replace.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Fireman on a Storm

Thanks guys. If the pennys allow the purchase of the bike, free noise will be the way to go for now! :D
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Fireman on a Storm wrote:Thanks guys. If the pennys allow the purchase of the bike, free noise will be the way to go for now! :D
When you get the new wheels & if it has standard cans on, give us a shout & you can try a set of de baffed standards to make your mind up before ripping the baffles out of yours. IMO it does make a much nicer noise & is much louder than std but as most aftermarket pipes are straight through they will probably be louder. On the standard cans the baffle that gets ripped out is one of two so the gases are still passing through a baffle before they get out...

Mac
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
geodude

Post by geodude »

[youtube][/youtube]

My bike (when I had it) just after a bafflectomy. It was a frickin' huge improvement over the standard.

benny is right though, after market cans are the way to go as the standards weigh a tonne.
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
Fireman on a Storm

geodude wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

My bike (when I had it) just after a bafflectomy. It was a frickin' huge improvement over the standard.

benny is right though, after market cans are the way to go as the standards weigh a tonne.

I know after markets are the way to go. I used to love the sound of my last 2 storms with the Arts on. I'ts just a noise and cost issue. I will say that I have always like the look of the standard cans with the angle they sit at!
geodude

Post by geodude »

Fireman on a Storm wrote: I know after markets are the way to go. I used to love the sound of my last 2 storms with the Arts on. I'ts just a noise and cost issue. I will say that I have always like the look of the standard cans with the angle they sit at!
Do what I did. Drill out a few holes to start with. Make them bigger, add more holes. Make them bigger. Decide enough is enough and whip out the whole lot. hehe
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
Fireman on a Storm

geodude wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

Nicer sound than standards but nowhere near as loud as my Art cans 8O
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

heres another one
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!