Engine Removal

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
freelander306

Engine Removal

Post by freelander306 »

Replacing engine in my storm the top mounting bolts are rusted in any advice on how to remove them ??????
Any help greatfully appreciated
bazza696

Re: Engine Removal

Post by bazza696 »

Tony.Mon is your man, he has taken out more engines than the time it takes blue storm gets to 100mph in seconds.
scott02464

Post by scott02464 »

bazza696 wrote:Tony.Mon is your man, he has taken out more engines than the time it takes blue storm gets to 100mph in seconds.
Now that is fast :lol:
darkember

Post by darkember »

bazza696 wrote:Tony.Mon is your man, he has taken out more engines than the time it takes blue storm gets to 100mph in seconds.
Fek off bazza your just jealous cause u have a common as muck red one :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I think you might be heading to a hacksaw solution, but Tony will be along with his list of solutions he has tried.

heat & penetrating oil will be the starting point, but when these things seize up sometimes there is no moving them
AMcQ
darkember

Post by darkember »

AMCQ46 wrote:I think you might be heading to a hacksaw solution, but Tony will be along with his list of solutions he has tried.

heat & penetrating oil will be the starting point, but when these things seize up sometimes there is no moving them
You will also need the special castle tool which you can buy but it can also be fashioned out of a standard socket using an angle grinder. Cannot remember the size but someone here will know & add to this post
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I made one of them out of a socket, but in the end I bought a double ended tool which has both on a 1/2" square drive..........much easier :D Scottyhitachi used it for his engine removal so we know it works, you can borrow it to if you dont already have one
AMcQ
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I've been in touch via a PM.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.