Be careful out there

General Bike chat
Kev L

Be careful out there

Post by Kev L »

Very sad story on the news earlier -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-be ... s-19863433
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Re: Be careful out there

Post by agentpineapple »

thats terrible, a very sad story, some people just aren't right in the head..... :thumbdown:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

bigspanishmarty wrote:thats terrible, a very sad story, some people just aren't right in the head..... :thumbdown:
ive hit a blue brick that was in the road as it was very hard to see in the wet .
i didnt see it until it was to late .

my thoughts go out to the riders family
Last edited by lloydie on Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

Why would anyone do that? Sick in the head. I hit a beer bottle side on in Streatham in the dark years ago, and it had me off. A rock deliberately placed, jeez. Feel for all involved and related to the chap.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

it could have just as easily fell off the back of a truck or something?
im sure plod will be checking cameras etc.

i was coming round a big roundabout once and slammed on when i saw 2 kids had stretched the top wire off a wire fence across the road.... think about it,,, with my arms out on the bars, if id hit that it wouldve took my fkin head off.

i saw them legging it and dont mind saying i absolutely kicked the living sh1t out of the one i caught, right on his doorstep.

like these idiots who drop stuff off bridges,,, there was a trucker killed when someone dropped a car battery off a bridge a few years ago.
thats not mischief, thats blatant murder.

a guy over on nwb posted up the other day that someone had scattered roof tacks all over a bend in lpool.

fiddler. :Ball Kick:

rip to the poor guy - i hope they catch the person(s) responsible.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Unfortunately, even if they do catch whoever is responsible they won't get what they deserve.

As I see it it's premeditated murder. My thought's are with his family, what a way to lose somebody, accidents are bad enough but that's going to be hard to deal with.
'02 VTR1000-FY Yellow.
'12 Moto Guzzi Griso 8V SE Tenni.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

lloydiecbr wrote:
bigspanishmarty wrote:thats terrible, a very sad story, some people just aren't right in the head..... :thumbdown:
ive hit a blue brick that was in the road as it was very hard to see in the wet .

is that where your hatred of blue comes from lloydie....... :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Weird that this sort of thing is even getting reported, minus the guy getting killed. They must think there are suspicious circumstances to it. It's one of those things we as motorcyclists have to be aware off, objects in the road. Nothing uncommon about it. I've seen rocks, trees, bricks, cones, dead animals, car exhausts, tyres all sorts. :confused

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

bigspanishmarty wrote:
lloydiecbr wrote:

is that where your hatred of blue comes from lloydie....... :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: I don't hate any colour it's just that's black is the classic and fastest colour :-)
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

We have the idiots here that think its fun to put road cones in the middle of the lanes. Luckily enough they are high viz and easy to spot. Bricks I have hit one myself before and the end result was a mini tank slapper. I was on the Gixxer at the time and it scared the bejezus out of me. Luckilly enough I stayed upright but it could so easily have been worse.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Some sick wombles out there!

poor man could have so easily been any one of us

Not sure if any of you remember the bike meets at BWFC in the early 2000's?

Years ago on the BWFC large car park this used to be a sh1t hot bike spot when Football wasn't on, bikers would meet up on the car park, chat sh1t and do some wheelies etc general larking around, ended up one of the biggest meet's

The car park owners had had enough and put up chains across the car park, at head / shoulder height, you couldn't see these chains and no notice had been put up or anything, days later a rider unaware lost his life, BWFC was found guilty of the H&S breach a few years later when convicted

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/archive/ ... ___90_000/
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

That's outrageous, but there is no mention that this was deliberate though they insinuate it "It appears a large rock had been placed in the carriageway" like benny said it could have fallen off a lorry. I'm just saying it's not uncommon to find objects in the road. There must be more to this story as people get killed on the roads everyday and don't get a mention.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

it is awful news to hear about this, but reading a rock was
"placed " in the road just means some lazy journo could,nt be bothered to be more accurate about what he wrote.

still sad though...
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
scott02464

Post by scott02464 »

seb421 wrote:Some sick wombles out there!

poor man could have so easily been any one of us
I know mate could have been a lot worse..... It could have been me!!!! :lol:

On a serious note tho it just shows you need your wits about you when riding a bike, especially with the nobs pulling out us all the time!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

It was also reported on the BBC news on the box. They were more definitive about it being placed, in that report.
The accident wasn't witnessed as far as the report goes, the wreckage and body found by a passer by later.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF