Audacious attempted theft of Ducatis

General Bike chat
Wicky

Audacious attempted theft of Ducatis

Post by Wicky »

With the recent threads on hit & runs involving a bike and a pedestrian - why shouldn't this surprise me... :eek2 :eek2

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/ ... i-robbery/
In Moto, Croydon was targeted by hammer wielding thieves on Tuesday September 4 at 5:30pm.

A gang of six youths equipped with three scooters attempted to steal two Ducati 1199’s by trying to walk the machines out in broad daylight.

Unfortunately for them, the staff were not having any of it.

Paul Read immediately spotted the robbers and tackled them inside the showroom, as the pair got outside Adrian Couzens charged in putting one thief in a headlock and pushing another off his scooter, twice.

The gang fled after throwing their weapons at the staff and smashing a window. An estimated £2,000 worth of cosmetic damage resulted in the botched attempt.

If you have any information contact Croydon police.
[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
lloydie

Re: Audacious attempted theft of Ducatis

Post by lloydie »

what are there parents doing to stop there kids behaving like this .....not a focking lot .
when i was a kid if i put a foot wrong miles away from home and when i did go home i got a right smack .

society needs to work together to stop this from happening ......
the only reason the youth tries this stuff is they know they cant be touched ..
bring back national service that will teach the little wombles ......
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Puzzled by what the oiks were planning to do with 1199s even if the got em outside - presumably the bikes didn't have keys left in em in the showroom, unless the thieves had a van ready to roll up pretty sharpish as a load up & getaway vehicle.

I'd expect dealers to be pretty paranoid of anyone entering shops now keeping their lid on.

What also turned by stomach was the way the thief swung the hammer at the staff - I work with head injury clients and a single blow can potentially & easily kill or have tragically life changing consequences.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

That is just so sad to see the "wombles you" selfish state of society, that and the stabbing at a teenagers party that's all through the papers today. There is a whole sub set of society who feel they are untouchable and can do what they want without any real threat.

I am with lloydie, national service...and if there is no war to fight, get them to build roads and railways
AMcQ
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

the only reason the youth tries this stuff is they know they cant be touched
Your right, but national service is too good for them and takes work away from the true servicemen.

Chain Gangs is what we need. Chain them all up, stick them in orange overalls with prisoner stamped all over them and get them cleaning graffiti, sweeping streets, cleaning public toilets and sh1t. The guards employed to watch over them should be allowed to use force against them if needs be. Nothing will work unless force or some kind of mental torture (like a military boot camp) is allowed. A good slap is the only thing that will work to pull them inline. I would consider charging the parents as well if the yobs are under 18.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
MJONESY

Post by MJONESY »

lloydiecbr wrote:what are there parents doing to stop there kids behaving like this.

well one parent has made sure he does not go out on his scooter without wearing his HI-VIS

but being serious, i struggle to believe these yobs are allowed to behave like this, the layabout little c***s of this country should be castrated for a start, given half hour to recover and sent out to cut the hedges and verges of the roads, with a bit of a luck a few might even get run over :thumbup:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Wicky wrote:Puzzled by what the oiks were planning to do with 1199s even if the got em outside - presumably the bikes didn't have keys left in em in the showroom, unless the thieves had a van ready to roll up pretty sharpish as a load up & getaway vehicle.

I'd expect dealers to be pretty paranoid of anyone entering shops now keeping their lid on.

What also turned by stomach was the way the thief swung the hammer at the staff - I work with head injury clients and a single blow can potentially & easily kill or have tragically life changing consequences.
They sit one of the oiks on the bike and the other oik on the scooter places his leg against a convenient part of the Duke and uses the scooter to power the bikes away. There was a video of it being done somewhere but I can't find it! From a distance you see two bikes with riders in kit. Little shites.
Last edited by Kev L on Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
firestorm1997

Post by firestorm1997 »

I was gobsmacked watching these little shits. National Service would be no good unless they got the job of looking for IED's with a metal fork and no body Armour. Could not trust them with a loaded gun. The shop staff did a good job of stopping them just a shame Hi Viz and his mates got away...Hope they get caught... :twisted:
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

I think national service should be " bads lads " army camps where they get taught how tough they are by psychotic ex servicemen, that would show them.

I should know when I was in the cadets I used to attend a lot of camps and believe me when I say that the officers at the camps were ex falkland vetrens and they dont take sh1t.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I think national service should be " bads lads " army camps where they get taught how tough they are by psychotic ex servicemen, that would show them.
Only one problem there bad lads was just for tv and had a major flaw which is lack of physical force. Some of these yobs will know their rights and just laugh in the face of the drill sergeant after that same sergeant has been in his face shouting at him/her. And after the sergeant says get down and give me ten, the yob will just tell him to wombles off.

The difference is the members of the forces choose to be there and if they don't do as they are told will get booted out, also they get paid. The members of our forces are already stretched and on sh1t money and have a hard enough time as it is without having to babysit little shits. Don't forget back in the 40's 50's a clip around the ear was not even questioned. Today that person would be on a charge themselves. It's the same issue with teachers. Discipline cannot be enforces because of lack of being able to give them a clip around the ear. It wouldn't surprise me if handing out lines or extra homework is against human rights these days.

==============================Enter the Darkside
denisblackvtr

Post by denisblackvtr »

Well i think we need to bring back proper punishments, if these SCUMBAGS want to live by the sword surely they should be prepared to die by the sword. Public flogging, chop off hands and my favourite, the death sentance.
GAS GRASS OR ASS NOBODY RIDES FREE
toonarmy

Post by toonarmy »

have them stoned in the carpark at the bottom of the hill mate saturday afternoon
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

cybercarl wrote:
Only one problem there bad lads was just for tv and had a major flaw which is lack of physical force. Some of these yobs will know their rights and just laugh in the face of the drill sergeant after that same sergeant has been in his face shouting at him/her. And after the sergeant says get down and give me ten, the yob will just tell him to wombles off.

The difference is the members of the forces choose to be there and if they don't do as they are told will get booted out, also they get paid. The members of our forces are already stretched and on sh1t money and have a hard enough time as it is without having to babysit little shits. Don't forget back in the 40's 50's a clip around the ear was not even questioned. Today that person would be on a charge themselves. It's the same issue with teachers. Discipline cannot be enforces because of lack of being able to give them a clip around the ear. It wouldn't surprise me if handing out lines or extra homework is against human rights these days.

Thats what they say mate, but from experience, if you mess about on army camps ( even cadet camps ) you get put down, and no one saw anything.

On one camp an officer put a slap down so hard that a load of them went awol because they were scared of this officer :lol: