The Most Beautiful SP1 ever???

General Bike chat
seb421

The Most Beautiful SP1 ever???

Post by seb421 »

Saw this a while ago on piston heads too when i was looking for a RR7 Blade or SP2

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-moto ... /105671652

ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
lloydie

Re: The Most Beautiful SP1 ever???

Post by lloydie »

I like the but the blue on the tank is at the wrong angle . Just like sebs repsol let down buy a blind painter :-)
Boubepo

Post by Boubepo »

I've never been keen on multi colours on a bike, two colours look best in my opinion, you can sometimes get away with three but more than three colours and it starts to look messy
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Of all the fag packet sponsor colours Rothmans has to be the best looking. Lovely colour scheme :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Sorry but I just don't get this replica business, when is a bike a replica or just a paint job? :confused

To my knowledge Joey never rode a Rothmans sponsored VTR, a Vimto (?) one yes. He did ride a Rothmans 2-stroke 500, but what's that got to do with SP-1's? So why is it a Joey replica ?

If someone on here painted their bike Marlboro, Pepsi or Movistar colours it would just be wrong would it not?

Has there been a Firestorm campaigned anywhere in the world in any series in either Castrol or Repsol colours ?

I stand to be corrected on this of course! Show me some pictures & I'll jump down off me high horse..... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Evening happy baldrocks :lol:
The paint job is a personal choice. People see bikes in colour schemes they like and just go for it, and good luck to them. Remember we must embrace all forms of diversity (even red and black.....)
:thumbup:
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

:lol: :lol: :clap: :clap:

Got to admit those colours are not to my taste. I prefer the standard Red SP1's :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Kev L wrote:Evening happy baldrocks :lol:
The paint job is a personal choice. People see bikes in colour schemes they like and just go for it, and good luck to them. Remember we must embrace all forms of diversity (even red and black.....)
:thumbup:
Apart from the happy baldrocks part, I agree with your comments. If you sprayed your bike pink & liked it good for you.. :lol:

However my point is with the calling it a Joey ''replica'', because it just isn't, is it ?

A true replica of any race bike would be just that, a race bike & therefore illegal for road use. There have been race bikes converted for use on the road , but then to use them as race bikes you would have to take all the road bits off, so by default it's no longer a race bike.

By definition a replica is exactly the same as the original, otherwise it isn't a replica.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

So it's not the pretty colours you don't like, just his description. Fairy snuff matey, some people are prone to exaggerate to make a sale. Can't all be good honest ex Essex boys now can we!! :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Kev L wrote:So it's not the pretty colours you don't like, just his description.
TBH both Kev.

Or the wheelie bin in the background, that's got a number 3 painted on it, does that make it a Max Biaggi replica ? :lol:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

MacV2 wrote:Or the wheelie bin in the background, that's got a number 3 painted on it, does that make it a Max Biaggi replica ? :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Nice deal closer :thumbup:
AMcQ
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I think you'll find there's a four on the other side making it a Kevin Schwantz replica actually!!! :lol:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

MacV2 wrote:
Apart from the happy baldrocks part, I agree with your comments.

So you have unhappy baldrocks?
Isn't that worse?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

MacV2 wrote:Or the wheelie bin in the background, that's got a number 3 painted on it, does that make it a Max Biaggi replica ? :lol:
Can`t be a replica, it handles rubbish........... :twisted:
Boubepo

Post by Boubepo »

At least the wheelie bin only has two colours - Green with black wheels and black insignia - In my mind the perfect combination - two colours good - six colours bad.

Over the years I've had many bikes but the only reason I've never owned a CBR, is because of the swirly, wirly, girly colour scheme of six colours, splashed all over an otherwise excellent bike.

I'm showing my age now - right?