new tyres :)

General Bike chat
8541Hawk

Re: new tyres :)

Post by 8541Hawk »

Virt wrote:What's the general opinion on Dunlop Sportsmax qualifiers?
They are great tires....and the Q2s are even better but being a "sport tire" don't expect to see more than around 4K miles out of a rear. :wink:

Though the most important thing to look at is the date code so you know how old they really are.

Also check your air pressure..... :eek2
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
Saintsman27

Post by Saintsman27 »

I am thinking of swapping to Continental road attack tyres .My Pirelli Diablos are ok
and give good grip ... wet not as good .... and I dont really know how old
they are.. like the look of The road attack tyres and even better the specs and price £149 + PP..
anyone have these fitted here and obs / and or advice :thumbup:
Alb

Post by Image »

The problem with this thread is pretty much everyone thinks their choice of tyreis the best and the only conclusion I can glean from it is every single tyre is the best one :confused
I think what we need is a bit of criticism for a tyre to know the bad ones. You can only judge good tyres by reading about the bad ones.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Yep it's all down to personal choice at the end of the day
I have tried a few tyres now and my money is on pilot power standard .
Tho I have used more brands of scrubs than road tyres
And I found the super corsa the best

Post by Image »

For all the hype about tyres, from what I can see, it's simply a choice between endurance and grip. Hard tyres last longer and have less grip, sticky tyres shorter life but more grip.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

That's pretty much it, but then some work better in the wet than dry and vica verca. They wear at different rates, different grades of performance but for the majority of us we not even going to come close to near the edges of tyre performance.Different compound materials, some with multi-compounds and some without etc etc.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Image wrote:The problem with this thread is pretty much everyone thinks their choice of tyreis the best and the only conclusion I can glean from it is every single tyre is the best one :confused
I think what we need is a bit of criticism for a tyre to know the bad ones. You can only judge good tyres by reading about the bad ones.
Thats about the long and short of it mate :thumbup:

Its not until you get a better tire that you realise how poor the last one was, the magazines Faves for the road rider are the BT023 and the Pilot Road 3
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Image wrote:For all the hype about tyres, from what I can see, it's simply a choice between endurance and grip. Hard tyres last longer and have less grip, sticky tyres shorter life but more grip.
Probably very true. The way I have always seen it is that a tyre can last as long as I like, but it's of no use to me if it lets go and sends me skidding down the road into oncoming traffic.

I put tyres on my car that will last the distance, but when it comes to my bike, I don't care about the cost, I always go for sticky tyres as I would prefer to stay glued to the road and have to replace it a thousand miles sooner.
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

The Diablos on mine when I bought it had plenty of tread but were squared off and indeterminate in age. Got a pair of Maxxis SuperMaxx cheap and as this thing is bleeding me dry I went for it, hope they are okay on the Storm.
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

Got them fitted to mine and stick like sh*t to a blanket :thumbup:
eagles84

Post by eagles84 »

Dunlop Roadsmart or Sportsmart , all the way . Never flinch , never slide ........... and cheap too !
geodude

Post by geodude »

eagles84 wrote:Dunlop Roadsmart or Sportsmart , all the way . Never flinch , never slide ........... and cheap too !
I didn't much like the Sportsmart's. Great in the dry but they weren't very inspiring in wet greasy conditions imo.
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
eagles84

Post by eagles84 »

geodude wrote:
eagles84 wrote:Dunlop Roadsmart or Sportsmart , all the way . Never flinch , never slide ........... and cheap too !
I didn't much like the Sportsmart's. Great in the dry but they weren't very inspiring in wet greasy conditions imo.
Odd as it may sound but i found the Roadsmarts compared with the Sportsmarts stuck like glue either racing or touring whether it was light rain or torrential . They never flinched when i overcooked corners or had to bring the bike up hard too . They are IMO the best all round tyres .
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Any one here on Bridgestone’s T30, the replacement for the 023
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
TonyW650

Post by TonyW650 »

Has anyone tried Maxis Supermaxx Diamonds?????