evolution of my scrapfighter

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
mad4it028

evolution of my scrapfighter

Post by mad4it028 »

bought this for £400 this pic does it alot of justice every panel is damaged and the engine is ticking badly
after test riding it i decided i like v twins and decided to use itat 1st i fitted an r1 back end
i found that with the r1 back end on and at the right angle to line up with the tank ide slide in to the tank and crush my nuts!! so i did away with that,the around late febuary early march the sun came out with avengence and my bike was along way from where i wanted it, so i rushed it through an mot with a few bodges with the idea of doing more this winter, wasnt happy with yellow (far to slow..lol) so went silver still rushing, but had seen this sv all silver n liked it
how ever i quickly found out i couldnt spray paint for toffee and ended up with this
Image :sick:
i rode it like this for quite a while then last week i decided silver wasnt only slower than the yellow it was boring so decided ide have another go with the rattle cans and decided to see if red is any faster
my painting skills are still not the best but are getting better each time i try, this bike is a long time away from where i want it but will post more as it evolves, white wheels tomorrow
bikes bought dead or alive crash damged , none runners , abandond projects
Flatline

Re: evolution of my scrapfighter

Post by Flatline »

Good to see you having a go buddy :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
mad4it028

Post by mad4it028 »

hmmm might re do the wheels black im thinking alittle too essex
mad4it028

Post by mad4it028 »

Kev L

Post by Kev L »

That looks very nice matey. I think the white wheels look nice with the red panels.
:beer:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
mad4it028

Post by mad4it028 »

thank you im still undecided ive put it on swapz see whats offered so not sure weather to keep or not
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Be a shame to let it go but what will be will be.
You don't happen to have a right hand footrest hanger for sale at the moment do you?
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
mad4it028

Post by mad4it028 »

got no spares for a vtr apart from front wheel and mud guard
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Ok mate, thanks.
seb421

Post by seb421 »

mad4it028 wrote:Image
Would look great if you got either a Single front mounted rad or a rear under-seat rad, looks like a bike that's been down the road and had fairing damage and the owners just decided to do that rather than pay for new fairings if you get me, that's what i would think just looking at it any way

no offence intended so please dont take that on a personal level, its fantastic what you done with the paint and the wheels and the little screen looks great, but i think it needs a large solo rad, some red piping stitching on the seat, and a twin round head light, mori or pyramid belly pan and pyramid undertray to finish it off

:thumbup:
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
mad4it028

Post by mad4it028 »

looks like its been down the road..lol it has been down the road every panel was damaged, i did plan on moving the rads but the biggest i could fit on the front was just 1 of the standard rads and didnt think 1 rad would be enough altho it would get a better wind blast up front so who knows ?
seb421

Post by seb421 »

mad4it028 wrote:looks like its been down the road..lol it has been down the road every panel was damaged, i did plan on moving the rads but the biggest i could fit on the front was just 1 of the standard rads and didnt think 1 rad would be enough altho it would get a better wind blast up front so who knows ?
Can you not buy a used blade one make a mount for it?

Sent from the Bat Cave via Cup and String
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
pete1781

Post by pete1781 »

I think it looks crackin mate, considering what you had to work with :-) things like this are always a bit of a work in progress arent they? What about a benelli tornado back end? Must be able to find one somewhere,cant have been done to many times before can it?:mrgreen:
mad4it028

Post by mad4it028 »

ok today i have a zx9r to strip n list for parts soon as thats done i shall be going through a few rads to see what i can fit, i may try just the single vtr rad with fan and try that while watching my temp gage,
as for the back end i keep looking at buell xb12 n thinking hmmm if one comes up it may be done
work in progress is right it will never ever be compleatly finished while i own it, there will always be more to do
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

if you was to keep the vtr rear end, the coolest radiator solution i've seen is from the states, i'm not sure about the extra weight high up but its bloody trick...
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!