Replacment side stand

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
darrenmartin

Replacment side stand

Post by darrenmartin »

Well my replacment side stand turned up today (a CB1100 unit) :thumbup: the actual fitting bracket cant be used as the holes are slightly to wide to go straight on. "b#llox" i thought, then i had a sit for a few sec's and saw that the origional fixing bracket on the Storm can be used as the new stand has exactly the same size fitting bolt "f#ntastic" So i take off the bracket from the CB stand and bolt it directly to the Storms Fitting bracket job done and the bike sit's alot more upright after the fitting of the 6mm spacer. :thumbup: You can see by the pics the differance in legnth also. Image Image
Like Riding Thunder and Lightning
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: Replacment side stand

Post by sirch345 »

That's a good find Darren, well done :clap:

Cheers for sharing that info :)

Chris.
darrenmartin

Post by darrenmartin »

M8 if i can give even a millionth of the knowledge iv gained from being a member of this forum ill be only too happy to share. Thanks guys :thumbup:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Well done Darren, that's exactly what was said in the post by carlos1982, so that's our second cbr1100 sidestand confirmed. Nice one for posting the pics. I expect it may be easier to catch your heel on the sidestand to pull it out as well. I've always have the heel of my boot slipping off the original one. :lol:

I have got a 6mm spacer in mine now but have found it's OK on flat surfaces, but as soon as it's parked on uneven ground it does unnervingly lean a bit to much. :roll: I shall be getting a Blackbird stand myself soon.

Glad it worked out for you mate. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
darrenmartin

Post by darrenmartin »

:thumbup: Glad i can help out.
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

:think: have you fitted you exhaust with the stand on? looking at the pis with the stands side by side will the heal kickdown not be behind the exhaust pipe?
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

You have a good point there, but I don't see it as being a problem as it angled down more than the storm one. I would be interested to see a pic of it on the bike with the stand in the upright position. I can't see how long that part is.

How is it working out when using your heel to put the stand down Darren? Is is comfortable?

Snoogle

Post by Snoogle »

If it is a problem, the simple solution is to do what every other self respecting Storm owner is doing at the minute...converting to single sided exhaust systems :wink:
A head full of fears has no room for dreams
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

Snoogle wrote:If it is a problem, the simple solution is to do what every other self respecting Storm owner is doing at the minute...converting to single sided exhaust systems :wink:
:cry: Noooooooooo! i like my double rocket launchers sticking out the back 8)
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

+1 that's one of the things that appealed to me when buying a storm.

lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

darrenmartin wrote:Well my replacment side stand turned up today (a CB1100 unit) :thumbup: the actual fitting bracket cant be used as the holes are slightly to wide to go straight on. "b#llox" i thought, then i had a sit for a few sec's and saw that the origional fixing bracket on the Storm can be used as the new stand has exactly the same size fitting bolt "f#ntastic" So i take off the bracket from the CB stand and bolt it directly to the Storms Fitting bracket job done and the bike sit's alot more upright after the fitting of the 6mm spacer. :thumbup: You can see by the pics the differance in legnth also. Image Image
how do you find it with the 6 mm spacer
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

how do you find it with the 6 mm spacer
lumpyv

TALLER!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
darrenmartin

Post by darrenmartin »

Iv not taken to the road yet after fitting the 6mm spacer as iv still got to take the broken exhaust stud to task...should be sorting it this week end so fingers crossed :whatever
Gaggenau

Post by Gaggenau »

I will get my self one, with the SP2 arm in the bike sits at quite an angle, this will at least make me feel a little bit better when on sloped or un even ground when parked up
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

bigspanishmarty wrote:how do you find it with the 6 mm spacer
lumpyv

TALLER!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
HaHa..

or hopefully "Where you left it"
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.