Hello all!!!

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
Calmac

Hello all!!!

Post by Calmac »

Hello from the Western Isles of Scotland!!!

Well where do i start!! Ive been biking since 2003, had a 1997 Suzuki GSXR 600, then got paid off in 2008 and and had to sell it. Got back on my feet and back into biking 2 years later and bought my 2001 VTR Firestorm. Unfortunately 9 weeks later a doddery old lady didnt indicate or brake to take a left hand turn which resulted in me going up the back of a car and the VTR was written off. I bought it back off the insurance and then got loads of bits to get it back on the road but didnt have the time and eventually sold it on. I now have that bike back, and im delighted with it, Needs a couple of wee things here and there but im so glad to have it back!!!

I will post a few pics later this week.

Well its gonna take me a while to get used to the site and im sure i will be asking loads of questions later!!!
Kev L

Re: Hello all!!!

Post by Kev L »

Welcome along mate, ask away. You will be able to answer a lot of your own questions by using the search facility as well.
Was the bike rebuilt back to stock or have you modified it?
Enjoy the bike and the forum.
:beer:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
charlie2ie

Post by charlie2ie »

You should be more careful when you are rearending old ladies :lol:. Welcome to the forum, there's nothing the guys on here don't know about keeping a Firestorm running sweet.
Calmac

Post by Calmac »

It was rebuilt back to stock, and repsrayed black. No decals yet, not sure wether to put them on or not.

If i found the old cow i would have given her a boot up the butt!! She didnt even stop to see if i was okay!!
charlie2ie

Post by charlie2ie »

Sorry to hear about that, at least you weren't hurt so bad that you had to give up biking.
Calmac

Post by Calmac »

Luckily i seen it coming so i pulled the bike down and rolled past the car, only thing that got hurt was my jacket and my pride.
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

good news - welcome. And you'll find on here a lot of colour prejudice, but stay strong, you did the right thing with your choice of respray :thumbup:

where are you located?
Calmac

Post by Calmac »

Im in Stornoway on the Outer Hebrides. Delighted with the way it looks. Still undecided on decals
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

Blimey - that would make for a good Storm gathering way up there!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

welcome to the forum buddy, lets hope you have better luck with the bike this time round....... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Calmac

Post by Calmac »

Definately!!! Would love a meet where it was just Storms!!! Can you imagine the noise!!!!

Im definately going to look after it this time, but my low wage and budget could make it hard to keep it on the road
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

Calmac wrote:Definately!!! Would love a meet where it was just Storms!!! Can you imagine the noise!!!!

Im definately going to look after it this time, but my low wage and budget could make it hard to keep it on the road
I'm jealous - for me it's lack of ability that makes it hard to keep on the road :wink:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Welcome to the forum :beer: :beer: Lets hope you have some better luck. I think we may already have a member up in Stornoway. And if you pop across to the mainland we have a nice bunch of stormy Scotts there for rideouts. :Bike: :thumbup:

Have a good read through the workshop section lots of good info there.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
tankslappa

Post by tankslappa »

Welcome to the forum... I'm sure you could fine the little old lady round there if you tried!

Assuming the grim reaper hasn't already done the job for you! :lol:

Oh, and I think it's traditional for me to criticise your colour choice and suggest you spray it yellow instead :biggrin
Calmac

Post by Calmac »

There is that many old lady's on the road in the same cars up here, she was impossible to find! you would think i would have seen her plate as i was so close to her.

I could never have a yellow bike!! Wrong colour for a bike, even a ducati looks ugly in yellow!

Thinking about heading to Inverness in the summer if my work doesnt get in the way of everything like it usually does, so hopefully meet up with some there.