banjo bolt thread size

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
budd

banjo bolt thread size

Post by budd »

I'm fitting braided hoses and need to fit a double lenght banjo bolt ( M/C end), and it's raining outside and I'm not risking getting soaked going to the garage to get may thread gauges, so can someone tell me the size / pitch of the thread so I can order the correct double length bolt I'm guessing it's m10x1.25 but I need to be sure. cheers :biggrin
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
jonacol

Re: banjo bolt thread size

Post by jonacol »

Pretty sure its 1.25 pitch IIRC its Brembo that use the 1.0mm pitch.
budd

Post by budd »

double banjo ordered, m10x1.25, it was a toss up between 1.00 pitch and 1.25 as couldn't remember for sure which it was but now you mention it I think your right Brembo use the 1.00 pitch and I'm pretty sure it's not UNF so 1.25 it is, (well I hope so way) :D
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

went to find out about how bolts etc are categorised the other day.

Is there any way of knowing what is where on a bike? And is 1.25 pitch pretty much the most common?
Rampant Lion

Post by Rampant Lion »

Def 1.25. I posted the same question a couple of weeks ago. Local dealer wanted £14.50 for a stainless double banjo..got it on ebay for £3.50. I bought the other items from him, hoses etc. Run two seperate lines down to the calipers. One word of warning, only coz I nearly made the error..when measuring the length of hose, and before you make the cut, lift the bike up at the front to extend the forks fully. This will show the longest length as opposed to just measuring from the caliper to the bars..

Maybe not well put..but if you cut the hose neat, then as soon as the forks extend fully, the hose could and will probably burst....NOT GOOD

I also used the old rubber sleeving as padding so the hoses fitted the original fixings to the fork legs. Waste not ..want not..

Good luck :thumbup:
Had: CB125. Benelli 250. Yamaha YDS7.Kawasaki Z400. Kawasaki Z650c. Kawasaki Z650B1. Kawasaki Z1300.Suzuki Bandit 1200. BMW R1100R. TDM 850 (2 off). Suzuki Bandit 1200. BMW R1100RT. Yamaha XT600.

Now: VTR 98 Storm in lovely silver....