God bless the land of the free!

General Biker Banter
Kev L

God bless the land of the free!

Post by Kev L »

Now here's an argument against the right to bare arms. Taken from the Superhawk forum -
http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format ... 2164073401
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
lumpyv

Re: God bless the land of the free!

Post by lumpyv »

got off lightly i reckon. unlike that poor kid in florida coming home from the sweetshop.
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

I grew up in Belfast during the troubles when guns were a reality. Lucky over in England land they are, for the most part, only ever seen on the news or in the TV shows. For me they were a fact of life. The police had guns, the army had rifles and if I'm honest, I could probably name a few friends and family members who also had guns.

As a result I am anti gun. 100%. From air rifles to hand guns. Hell I dont even like toy guns. The fact that guns are not legal over here in the same fashion they are over in America land is a godsend. May it long continue.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

What a wombles idiot!!
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

The thing with life is that theres genuine reasoning for some to have guns- gamekeepers, some farmers etc over here, ok some sports too, and I think thats all that should have them- used to be into rifle shooting and you could just about justify that. Over in the "land of the Free" however their totally barking, has anyone else seen that sky prog about the gunsmiths/dealers- just bonkers in the fact they go visit a mid twenty guy who's getting rid of the familly guns and hes got about 20 of the bloddy things just kept in the back bedroom. And some folks wonder why theres so much murdering!!- rant over - back to the bikes. :D
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

As an Air Cadet in a garrison town I was taught the fundamentals of gun handling and marksmanship with an old .303 Lee Enfield. Like Floyd his makes me sensitive to even young kids playing with toy guns pointing it in my direction - like that vid demonstrates mayhem can potentially ensue in the direction that a weapon is pointed.

As for US, when the country sometime in the future disintegrates in civil war with so many arms constitutionally legit or otherwise it will not be a pretty place.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
firestorm1997

Post by firestorm1997 »

pinkyfloyd wrote:I grew up in Belfast during the troubles when guns were a reality. Lucky over in England land they are, for the most part, only ever seen on the news or in the TV shows. For me they were a fact of life. The police had guns, the army had rifles and if I'm honest, I could probably name a few friends and family members who also had guns.

As a result I am anti gun. 100%. From air rifles to hand guns. Hell I dont even like toy guns. The fact that guns are not legal over here in the same fashion they are over in America land is a godsend. May it long continue.

With you on this 100%...
boz

Post by boz »

Would it be right to argue that its perhaps not the gun but the person with the finger on the trigger.
CBR900rr Fireblade
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

boz wrote:Would it be right to argue that its perhaps not the gun but the person with the finger on the trigger.
:thumbup:
Snoogle

Post by Snoogle »

boz wrote:Would it be right to argue that its perhaps not the gun but the person with the finger on the trigger.
+2 :thumbup:
A head full of fears has no room for dreams
rz_racer_69

Post by rz_racer_69 »

Exactly. And in these lands where firearms are banned, has crime stopped? Do thugs never kick in a door to burglarize and rape? What do those of you in that situation do? Grab a baseball bat or knife, and hope the criminal didn't bring a gun, or cower while your family is brutalized? Know what I will do? I will do what I can to stop them. I keep a very mean looking 12 gauge by my bed to do just that. And I won't think twice about their right to keep on breathing. That's also why I have a concealed carry license. It's my right to protect myself, and I make it a habit to exercise my rights, lest someone think I don't need them anymore.
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

Guns dont kill people, people do. How many times have I heard that line and offered the same argument. So I'll once more entertain the notion.

Guns dont kill people, people do, but I can point my finger at people all day and shout "bang" and not one person will die. So no, people dont kill people in that sense, people with guns kill people.

The reason? because its easy. A gun is a weapon designed for one purpose only. To kill. Not only do they do that very effectively they do that in the worst possible way. From a distance. Any idiot could point a gun at someone from a distance and kill them but I bet you that same person could not strangle the life out of someone. A gun makes killing easy. Takes away a personal aspect of things. You want to snuff out a guys life then at least have the decency to look into his eyes and see the damage your action will cause.

Terrible things and should be left in the hands of those trained to use them.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

LOL that video just makes me laugh, what a tw@, he deserves to shoot his brains out not his cap, just for being so stupid.

As for the gun argument it's not the gun, it's the brains behind it. And if we don't have guns we can use other explosives instead, much more fun.

Have Fun :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Like all things mechanical it's the soft, squidgy, organic thing in control which is the dangerous bit!!
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
rz_racer_69

Post by rz_racer_69 »

Guns are not terrible, lol, they are wonderful. Some are quite beautiful shiny smooth mechanical. They have their own smells & sounds, handle different from gun to gun, give the user a sense of power and a rush of excitement when using, and when cared for, pride in ownership. Sound like anything you are familiar with? Be careful in judging others about things you don't know about or like, based on your opinion gleaned from the media or even what you have been taught is socially acceptable. There are many who don't like motorcycles and wish we would just go away. It's funny to see people apply the "guns are bad" argument, when they themselves engage in what many consider to be a deadly hobby. The tobacco smokers over here are fighting a similar fight for their right to smoke. These are different things, yet fighting similar fights for their rights to exist in today's world. Back to guns, I am a shooting enthusiast, if you haven't figured that out. Was a trophy winning shooter as a child, owned a BB gun, was taught how to handle guns at a young age by parents who cared about me. But hunting was not a part of my life, so I never developed a love for that sport and really have little desire to go out in the woods and kill something. Partly because we have many rules here about that. When you kill a deer, you are responsible for it, and must, by law, protect the meat from spoiling. We also have a bad feral hog problem that requires more hunters to get out there and help control the hog population explosion. The government doesn't have the resources or manpower to do it themselves. A stint in the Army taught me to love and respect machine guns, fully automatic rifles. Man that was fun! Nowadays I have some beautiful old rifles, like the old lever action Winchester 30-30 I bought my father, some mean looking military style rifles for "hunting" which aren't really good for much other than target shooting, and a few pistols of various caliber, again, just because they are fun to shoot. I also have a couple motorcycles, but I don't smoke. Lol.