Tony,Mon

General Biker Banter
benny hedges

Tony,Mon

Post by benny hedges »

I think it's about time our national treasure had his own thread. :thumbup:

so.... what has tony done for you lately.....

yesterday i gratefully recieved a rear ht coil from his vast collection of storm spares. :thumbup:
just one of many times tony has pulled me out the sh1t with parts & phone help
(yes, i ask for 2nd opinions too lol!)

not to mention what he did for the ped guys at last years scooter run, when he tirelessly helped rebuild engines, welding, fetching & fettling like a good un when he didnt have to. :thumbup:

all round good guy, genuine one in a million - and a funny fker as well, without trying lol! :mrgreen:

i wish there was a rep system on this site.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
seb421

Re: Tony,Mon

Post by seb421 »

Well if it wasnt for you and Tony i wouldnt have come back on here full stop, i remembered how useful, helpful and knowledgeable the both of you was / are

So that said i think its your fault ive spent so much wombles money on the storm, i reluctantly came on for engine help, found the site had changed, fell back 'in love' with the storm again and then decided to 'do er up' so to speak

I also hold BSM responsible for my lack of funds with his Ebay thread and my new found love for all things carbon

So basically I'm broke and constantly in trouble with the misses because of the three of you!

Wouldn't change a thing tho! :thumbup: keep it up lads

i was sat in with her today and the bell goes, it was royal mail, sh1t!
I tried to stash the box of stick coils but she busted me as its something else 'I don't need' they dont need shoes but they keep wombles buying them
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
lloydie

Tony,Mon

Post by lloydie »

As I've said before its the people that make this a great forum . And tony and you benny ,
you guys are the back bone of it all thank you both for taking the time and effort to help us out
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

I think he's more Victor Meldrew myself & he smells....of oil.

Keep it up you old git! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

as above i totally agree, i've still got a loaned swingarm from tony, a top bloke, although i'm hearing strange rumours take he might have washed his bike :eek2 :eek2 :eek2
keep it up guys you are part of what makes this forum so special(needs :lol: )
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
geodude

Post by geodude »

Tony will be attending Operation Storm this year and there will be signed photos available for a measly £2.93. There will also be signed photos of "Benny in a Bunny suit" available for £3.01

If you are interested let me know. If there is enough demand I'll set up a "Tony and Benny" (sounds like ice cream) ebay account.

You are right about Tony being funny without even trying :thumbup:
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

What has Tony.Mon ever done for us?

apart from the source of spare parts at very good prices, detailed technical advice, inventing the workshop day, going out of his way to support other regional workshop days, test driving many new tuning options and writing them up so others can follow and overindulging in word play...................................absolutely nothing, dont know what all the fuss is about :lol:
AMcQ
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

tbh - it's thanks to Tony and all of you beautiful Tony Types that I've still got the Storm and love it so much. You give knowledge, advice, insight and above all confidence for someone like me to pick up a spanner, get grubby and use a garage for what it's meant to be used for and understand the beautiful black beast better. Even appreciate that too much carbon is a hint to get a docs appointment :thumbup: :clap: :D

How about a mutual love in in Wales in a few weeks?
vtwin goody

Post by vtwin goody »

gotta say a massive thanks to both of ya coz i,m the reason he had to send you the coils,cheers lads :thumbup:
simo

Post by simo »

Mr Mon is THE Mr Knowledge. It' great to know he's here on the Forum willing to help with advice and more if he can. Thanks.
Theres A Hare in The Turnips.
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

+1 on all of the above. I have dealt with Mr. Mon on a couple of occassions and what a fine bloke he is :thumbup:
And to all you others who make this THE place to be for all things Storm and so much more :clap:
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

He's alright I suppose :wink:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I only recently met Tony and what a very very nice man indeed :thumbup:
You know that any advice he gives is always going to be the best and I thouraghly enjoy reading his threads.

A very knowlagable man who enjoys teaching others.

A teacher :Worship: Many Thanks :thumbup:

And Benny your not so bad yourself mate :lol: I enjoy reading your threads as well another knowlagable teacher :Worship: Many Thanks :thumbup:

And the pair of you are as funny as wombles.

:beer: :beer: :beer:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

Tony is an all round good sort who has offered his advice on many an occasion. Thanks Tony

In fact I do not have a bad word to say about any of the guys and girls on this forum. I havent met many of you yet cause I live away up here but I feel part of the big firestorm family.

Thanks for making me always feel welcome guys :thumbup:

Jazz
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

cybercarl wrote:You know that any advice he gives is always going to be the best
(:-})
oh yeh, like on the dragstrip..... "dont go til the green light, dial in 6k and dump the clutch" 8O

cheers tony. as he's already 250 yards down the strip while i'm trying to find my brake pedal to bring the wheel back to terra firma lol :Ball Kick:

all time favourite.... tony's cheesy peppers. with cheese. and cheese :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.