ignition system

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
The Estonian

ignition system

Post by The Estonian »

HI TO ALL!

I´m a motorcycle enthusiast from weird, small country, called ESTONIA:-) It´s one of three Baltic states, former Soviet Union westside. So much about geography!
Me and my fellow motorcyclists, we are true hillclimbing-fans. Right now we´re about to build our new racing-bike, using a VTR1000F engine. We managed to buy this engine from a crashed bike. Unfortunately, we missed wiring and other ignition items, they were sold earlier. So, we bought them (Blackbox, converter unit, rectifier) individually, but, still no wiring and connectors! Looks like I have to to construct it by myself!
I´m quite skilled about automotive/motorcycle electric, but this new, microchip-controlled ignition system is too complicated to us. Also, HAYNES manual shows only basic stuff, it wount help us much!
So, is there any skilled VTR owner, who can help us?! We need some drawing or microfiche, how to build basic ignition and charging system, just to run the engine.

I know, it´s a lot to ask, but still...
Any help is welcome!
Best wishes,
Rein.

P.S. Sorry about my poor English!