"Stormy day's ahead"

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
darrenmartin

"Stormy day's ahead"

Post by darrenmartin »

Hi all and greetings from the newest member too join FireStorm online :wave:
I live in the tiny village of Caister on Sea which is just up the coast from the sunny sea side town of Great Yarmouth in Norfolk (yeh you know, the little bump on the UK map) im old......ish and iv had bikes all my life. from a Suzuki GT250 super six ( u got too love 2 strokes) throught too my last bike, the Aprilia RSV Millie. Now i find myself with a "Storm" and thats where i know you guys can help .......iv got a couple of questions about the newest lady in my life :think:
1st shes ORANGE :confused so does that tell me any thing about her possible year of manufacture? (as the seller says shes a 2000 model)
2nd iv always been lead to belive that size dosn't matter :roll: .......yeh rite! Petrol keeps her going....lack of it as far as i know is a bad thing :problem: so if she is a 2000 model which size tank should she be wearing?
3rd (and i apologise if your bored with this already) could you give me in a short list some of the mod's/improvments that could be made too her to make my "Storm" time even better :thumbup:
4th Shes wearing a lovly pair of Scorpion cans :cool2 ......do i need too Dyno/Re-jet
5th Many many thanks for the information iv already sucked up from your site.
The days ahead may be "Stormy" but im gunna love and cherish each and every one of em. Be safe one and all and keep an eye out for the "doddery old sod in the car"...... you know, the one who saw you.... but pulled out into the road anyway....cant belive we know the same bloke! :eek2
Like Riding Thunder and Lightning
lloydie

"Stormy day's ahead"

Post by lloydie »

Hello and welcome .
seb421

Re: "Stormy day's ahead"

Post by seb421 »

darrenmartin wrote:Hi all and greetings from the newest member too join FireStorm online :wave:
I live in the tiny village of Caister on Sea which is just up the coast from the sunny sea side town of Great Yarmouth in Norfolk (yeh you know, the little bump on the UK map) im old......ish and iv had bikes all my life. from a Suzuki GT250 super six ( u got too love 2 strokes) throught too my last bike, the Aprilia RSV Millie. Now i find myself with a "Storm" and thats where i know you guys can help .......iv got a couple of questions about the newest lady in my life :think:
1st shes ORANGE :confused so does that tell me any thing about her possible year of manufacture? (as the seller says shes a 2000 model)
2nd iv always been lead to belive that size dosn't matter :roll: .......yeh rite! Petrol keeps her going....lack of it as far as i know is a bad thing :problem: so if she is a 2000 model which size tank should she be wearing?
3rd (and i apologise if your bored with this already) could you give me in a short list some of the mod's/improvments that could be made too her to make my "Storm" time even better :thumbup:
4th Shes wearing a lovly pair of Scorpion cans :cool2 ......do i need too Dyno/Re-jet
5th Many many thanks for the information iv already sucked up from your site.
The days ahead may be "Stormy" but im gunna love and cherish each and every one of em. Be safe one and all and keep an eye out for the "doddery old sod in the car"...... you know, the one who saw you.... but pulled out into the road anyway....cant belive we know the same bloke! :eek2

did you buy this off ebay? i saw an orange one for sale that looked nice with high level scorpians on it last week i think

some people do re-jet some don't if you want the most from it i would get it done yes

if its a 2000 model it will be a 16ltr tank, 3ltr reserve and it will have no digital clocks (unless its been modded)

Does it have standard CCT's or an after market pair fitted, this will be your first thing to get done if not, a little money will save you a lot of money if one lets go.

Have fun and welcome mate
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

welcome to the forum buddy :thumbup:
tank range will be between 80 and 120 miles depending how you ride it, after the cct's check your regulator/rectifier its bolted to the rear subframe under the rear fairing, the oem honda unit burns out taking your battery with it, you need to check that its got fins, if it has then your ok a previous owner has already changed it, if its flat you need to get it changed.
as for mods, a good place to start is the forks and rear spring, get the springs for both matched to your weight, maxton/hyperpro/k-tec theres many companies that can supply these items, also fresh fork oil is always a good start. make sure your brake seals/pistons are in good shape and braking can be improved with braided lines again goodridge/hel and many more supply these.
if your bikes running well i wouldn't bother with the dyno, but if its got a k&n filter aswell as cans you will see decent results by getting it dynojetted and dyno'd
have a good read of the forum and then feel free to ask questions in the different sections of the forum.
theres a workshop day this saturday in colchester if your interested, people will guide you thru maitenance proceedures and give you free advice and abuse :lol:
there are a good bunch on here but beware we do like a wind up :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Welcome aboard buddy
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard Darren, a lovely introduction :thumbup:

I think most things have already been covered, CCT's (cam chain tensioners) and rectifier are the two main weaknesses on the Firestorm. Once those have been sorted then as far as after market parts go, the worlds your oyster :D

As Seb says, Scorpion cans are designed to run on your bike without the need for re-jetting (I have Scorpoions too :thumbup: ), but having the bike set up properly you will get the most from the freer flowing cans, also over time it should pay for itself.

Chris.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Welcome to the forum Darren, all the major points have already been covered so I just hope you enjoy the bike.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
simo

Post by simo »

Welcome to the Forum M8. Norfolk ... Makes you a Turkey Trotter. :biggrin :biggrin
Theres A Hare in The Turnips.
darrenmartin

Post by darrenmartin »

:clap: thanks for the warm welcome guys, i got a warm fuzzy feeling after reading that lot :lol:
couple of things;
no i dint get her off of ebay, i picked her up localy with only 7,000 miles on the clock!
is the orange an origional Honda colour (i know iv not posted pics yet) and if so why have i seen so few of em in this colour :confused and again thx for the welcom :thumbup:
Like Riding Thunder and Lightning
lloydie

"Stormy day's ahead"

Post by lloydie »

It's a Honda colour .
The reason you ain't seen the orange ones before is because they are that slow they find it hard to make it out the garage (7000 miles) says it all lol
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

Welcome to the forum mate and congratulations on the purchase of the Storm. Prepare for your world to get both louder and faster...... :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Darren, Orange ones are quite rare 8) You are now a member of an Elite club :thumbup:

Chris.
Kev L

Re:

Post by Kev L »

lloydiecbr wrote:It's a Honda colour .
The reason you ain't seen the orange ones before is because they are that slow they find it hard to make it out the garage (7000 miles) says it all lol
Nice one Lloydie, straight in there with the verbal shank even on the guys first post. You have no mercy! Oh well better join in then! They are that slow that they have to flock together for their own safety. Often in groups of three, as can be witnessed down on the south coast with the Andrews flock of Tango wagons.
:beer:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

See good bunch here and your most welcome to join in on the fun and games even though you have been tango'd. Maybe re-spray could be on your list of mods. :lol:

Checkout the stickies in our workshop section loads of good stuff there mate.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Welcome to the club, lots of good Info and good chat on here :thumbup:
AMcQ