Before I sell the VTR..value?

General Bike chat
vtryorks

Before I sell the VTR..value?

Post by vtryorks »

Hey guys,

Had a long talk with the wife. I think I'm going to change the Storm for something more upright and pilion friendly. I rode the VTR yesterday and she goes so well, its a shame but Im not sure what else to do without spending lots of money on a custom seat unit and I think overall, for touring, a change might be in order.

I wondered if anyone would like to make a guestimate as to the value of my storm. It has quite a long list of (tasteful) mods, more practical than cosmetic. Also some bad points. I'd like to make sure that when I do offer it for sale on here, I am being fair.

03 Firestorm F-2
Red
22,300 miles
Dyno'd at 104bhp / 67ft/lb

Mods:
Renthal front and rear sprockets (150 miles)
DID chain (150 miles)
Full Fireblade Front End (Forks, Yoke, Discs, Calipers)
Fireblade Wheels (Gold Powder Coat)
Danmoto Adjustable Clip on bars
Danmoto Short Forged adjustable levers
Oxford heated Grips
Michelin Pilot Power 2CT Tyres
K+N Air Filter
Yoshimura Titan Cyclone Cans (Japanese Made - Expensive!)
R+G Frame Sliders
Braided hoses on the front brakes and clutch
Pro Bolt Engine Kit
CCT Stopper Mod (Looking into swapping these for manuals as I type this)

Any ideas of what it might be worth? I spent quite a bit getting the fuelling sorted professionally which fair enough, I might not get back on resale, but someone might land themselves a very nice storm here when I come to sell (soon).

Cheers fellas.
StormingHonda

Re: Before I sell the VTR..value?

Post by StormingHonda »

the problem is people dont pay for mods, if its on the bike, its on the bike, unless its like carbon fibre body work etc, thats why people take off mods and sell them seperately on Ebay.

Most people like bikes to be as standard as possible, and exhausts are kind of expected.

As one dealer said to me, the Sports market is dead, and its the kind of bike you want that is selling.

The other problem is that the Firestorm is not the most desirable of bikes, as good as they are and they often go for silly money.

The thing you have in your favour is the fact that its the newer model.

If your seriously after selling it your going to have to have the mind that says " its not what its worth to me, but what its worth to someone else ", also the fork mod screams out " Crashed " to a lot of people.

I personally would look around at whats on the market, my guess £2000
thumperslaw

Post by thumperslaw »

The true value is what some one will pay for it.

At a guess 2k also am thinking

If you can then break it down sell the bits on there own.

First dips

On chain and poss front end :biggrin
98 storm with goodies!

Srad seven fiddy stuntbike

K100 "flying brick"

R.I.P engine number 5
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

hi mate
an 03 storm will sell for £1500 to £2000 all day long and nearer the 2 mark to be fair, and thats just a standard bike, seen as your bikes a little bit special i would say anything over 2 is fair, when you look at rugbyboy trying to sell his very tricked up bike at £2250(ohlins/gilles/cbr929 front end) its hard to see your bike achieving more, but as its an 03 you have a chance.
maybe you should try the trick of sticking it on ebay for £3250 and ask people to make offers, it seems silly but it has worked before......someone might think i'll knock him for £750 and think there getting a bargain, and you walk off with £2500 and a smile on your face :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
vtryorks

Post by vtryorks »

Thanks guys :)