Oh b*****ks

General Bike chat
vtryorks

Oh b*****ks

Post by vtryorks »

Change of tax disc for the new season. I've got one of those holders with 8 bolts holding the cover on.

Someone phones me right in the middle of putting in the last bolt and I drop the damned nut. It aint on the floor so it went somewhere inside the fairing/on to the engine. Spent 2 hours looking so now it looks like a strip down job....lol

How annoying is that?
tony.mon

Re: Oh b*****ks

Post by tony.mon »

There's a sort of trough behind the front cylinder, where the long engine bolt goes through.
Try a magnet on a stick, but check the others first, they're often ali, and non-magnetic.

It's usually the airbox front two screws that drop down there.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
vtryorks

Post by vtryorks »

Cheers Tony :D hehe

It's getting looked at tomorrow all over anyway. I'm prepping her for sale unfortunately so I'll be fettling like a good'un.

Still heart broken about this but dont have a lot of choice. Missus did give me the option to just not take her out, bless her, but after spending £700 on gear for her and wanting to go out with her, its just too much.

Someone on here might get a rather nice storm with the full SP conversion on it I guess.
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

Two year's ago I lost one of the collars from the front tank fixings. It fell somewhere into the bike never to be seen.

Last July when I got knocked off the storm the traffic cop who attended picked up something from the road and asked if it belonged to me. Yes you guessed it, the wee collar had reappeared.

Its weird how things disappear and reappear, Im sure my garage has a time slip going on sometimes. The amount of times Iv looked for something and they have disappeared is unbelievable,only to return at a later date to places where I have already looked.

Cue the twilight zone theme tune.
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
vtryorks

Post by vtryorks »

haha!

Well I found the pesky bolt. Was stuck on a pipe down near the belly pan. This was of course after the fairing had been removed etc etc etc :D
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

when fitting a dj kit on mine i lost the pivot pin that holds the carb float... i just heard a tiny ding noise and it was gone.
FEK :Ball Kick:

fortunately i had a drill bit the exact same size so i made a new one out of the shaft.
hoping it will turn up one day :roll:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Furrybiker

Post by Furrybiker »

Mate has a Norton F1 Rotary jobbie, he reckons anything dropped on it goes into some sort of limbo never to be seen again...........
MJONESY

Post by MJONESY »

My garage seems to have spanner pixies, put a spanner down and it can disappear not to be seen for 2 or 3 hours then it will turn up in my pocket or on a shelf or anywhere thats no where near where i'm sure a left it. :roll:

Post by Image »

Tip bike upside-down and shake it :lol:
seb421

Post by seb421 »

MJONESY wrote:My garage seems to have spanner pixies, put a spanner down and it can disappear not to be seen for 2 or 3 hours then it will turn up in my pocket or on a shelf or anywhere thats no where near where i'm sure a left it. :roll:
I got one of these a while ago, invaluable it is, they are brilliant

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140685130961? ... 500wt_1180

knock it over and still everything is in place where it should be! :)
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

Here is a 6" one coming up for sale
http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/sp ... _23821.htm
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Jazzscot wrote: Image
Do they do one for secondhand parts?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.