Bike owned.

General Biker Banter
StormingHonda

Bike owned.

Post by StormingHonda »

Just out of curiosity what bike have people owned.

Heres a list of mine.

This is in order of ownership and yes theres some dupes.

Yamaha YB100 ( my first bike, held together by family contributions, shoe laces and Hope )
Honda H100s ( my wifes liscence ran out and I had it given to me if I sold the YB100 )
Honda CB125 Deluxe ( lol ).
Kawasaki Z200
XV250s ( my first and only brand new bike ).
Xv535 ( the next owner actually knocked at my house which I wasnt happy about )
Yamaha FZR600 ( this bike was a W****R )
Honda CBR600 ( my insurance double on this so I swapped it for the next bike )
Honda Hornet 600 ( dont ask me about the time I sold it what a dumbass I must of looked to the buyer )
Kawasaki ZX6R ( the last bike I EVER and will EVER buy from Johns of Romford, this one was the straw that broke the camel back with that shop ).
Kawasaki ZXR400
Suzuki Bandit 600 ( I hate bandits, really I do ).
Yamaha XJ550 ( yes a classic ).
Yamaha XV535
Honda Hornet 600
Kawasaki ZX6R
Honda CB900F Hornet ( this is probably the dullest bike I have ridden bar the Bandit coming close, I also swapped the Hornet AND the ZX6R for this )
Triumph T509 Speed triple ( Fek this bike was GORGEOUS, but the service cost of £600 saw it being swapped)
Yamaha XV535 ( sold this, it was off the road as I was customising it and lost interest, I also owned it alongside the speed triple )
Yamaha XV750
Honda VTR1000 F Firestorm in Teal blue ( even now I dont know why I got rid of the bike I really dont ).
Suzuki VS800 ( this was easily one of the best sounding bikes I had owned ).
Harley Davidson XL1200 C Sportster
Triumph Speed four ( sold for the same reasons as the Speed triple, plus the short leg bussiness ).
VTR 1000 F Firestorm in Teal blue
CBR 900 RRW In red white and blue ( miss that bike )
Harley Davidson FXDL Low rider In black, pile of crap.
Honda CB 600 F Hornet in Blue
Honda CBR 900 RR sold to a fella in Scotland it was a wreck and was sold as spares or repairs.
Honda X 11 in Yellow and grey ( now this is a bike I really miss and tried to buy back ).
* Harley Davidson 2001 XLH 1200 C in green
BMW R 1100 S in red 1998
Kawasaki ZX6 R F3 Silver ( gave this to my mate )
* Honda X11 SF1 in blue

* Currently own

I have owned other bikes but they were never road worthy when I got them and wasnt when I sold them.
Last edited by StormingHonda on Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
MacV2

Re: Bike owned.

Post by MacV2 »

Ha Ha They really are a strange bunch at JoR aren't they.

Family run & they all work there. The dad is John who started off in pushbikes, hence the shop name. The real weird one is the son Mike, tall skinny bloke, he used to do a lot of grass track racing until one big off too many left him a bit bashed up including a knock to the head. A very strange man. :lol:

Have to confess that I worked there for a while, walked out after a row with Mike over him undercutting the deals I had made.

Having said all that, Dave down at the Rush Green shop is a really nice bloke & that is where Ole' Red came from, a good deal was struck with him allowing a substantial profit on the bike I part ex'd. ( basically he gave me more than I had paid for it, result!)

Oh & I have to add, the mechanic at Rush Green, Mark, is sh1t hot. In my experience the dudes at the London Road branch........... :thumbdown:

Mac
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

MacV2 wrote:Ha Ha They really are a strange bunch at JoR aren't they.

Family run & they all work there. The dad is John who started off in pushbikes, hence the shop name. The real weird one is the son Mike, tall skinny bloke, he used to do a lot of grass track racing until one big off too many left him a bit bashed up including a knock to the head. A very strange man. :lol:

Have to confess that I worked there for a while, walked out after a row with Mike over him undercutting the deals I had made.

Having said all that, Dave down at the Rush Green shop is a really nice bloke & that is where Ole' Red came from, a good deal was struck with him allowing a substantial profit on the bike I part ex'd. ( basically he gave me more than I had paid for it, result!)

Oh & I have to add, the mechanic at Rush Green, Mark, is sh1t hot. In my experience the dudes at the London Road branch........... :thumbdown:

Mac
I never had a problem with Rush green, they have always been good, even Dagenham wasnt to bad, Chris the mechanic was pretty good, and one of very few Mechanics that I would trust with my bikes.

The problems I had with Johns of Romford was with buying bikes and then having to get into a fight to get stuff fixed under warrenty, I always felt ripped off, and a couple of the salesment alway were very condicending. Mike was always pleasant, I never had a problem with him.

What shocked me the most was when they got dealer of the year award I was like WTF.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i bought a brand new vfr800 from JoR london rd. the only reason being they had a deal on where it was a thousand quid cheaper than anyone else, i found them to be unhelpful, they wouldn't even offer me a test ride.....wtf i was spending 8 grand. that was back in 1997 or 98, i remember my first service got cancelled because one of there mechanics died in a bike accident at high beach, i heard he was decapitated in the accident, the poor sod, at least it was quick, i would never deal with JoR again........

honda c90
yamaha t80
suzuki rg125 wolf
cbr600f
vfr800
vtr1000f
i suppose my next bike will be a honda 1200 of some description.... :lol:
Last edited by agentpineapple on Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Wow, you get bored quickly, or change your mind a lot :lol:

How long have you been riding to rack up that lot?

If I ignore the farm bikes and quads that I was riding when I was 13 till 16, my next 34 yrs only has covered this list.
Simpson S50B. (it was an MZ moped)
Suzuki X5 200
Honda 400 Super Dream ( the most bland bike, but I bent it up real bad and traded it for the lc)
Yamaha RD350LC
Suzuki GS1000S (stolen, I wish I still had this one)
Suzuki GSX750ES
Mz250 road racer - top speed over 100 and could run with rd400 early stock racers if I got a slipstream ( I gave up road bikes at this point, it was about 23yrs ago)
Kawasaki KDX200 enduro and green lane bike. (wish I never sold this one, it was the best Green lane compromise bike)
Alfer250 enduro and green lane bike (didnt sell it it wasn stolen just after I had completly rebuilt it!)
GasGas 200 enduro and green lane bike
Honda VTR1000 (when I returned to road bikes 10yrs ago)
Beta250 trials bike (only sold it because it blew the crank main bearings and I bought the next GasGas to ride while I repaired it, and I liked the gasgas better so I sold the beta)
GasGas250 trials bike
Kawasaki kh125 from 1976

Up until the GasGas 200, I only ever had one bike at a time, but always had a bike in the garage, even if it was in bits. But after that I got greedy (or had enough money) and I still have the 2 GasGas off roaders the Storm and the vintage Kawasaki
AMcQ
futterbingers

Post by futterbingers »

Greetings, I started in 1989 on a Kawasaki AR125 then
Yamaha TZR250
Kawasaki Z400J (!) Student.......
Yamaha RD350LC
Suzuki GS850
Yamaha RD350LC ypvs
Yamaha RD350LC Spent £2500 on it, was very trick!
Kawasaki GPZ500S
Suzuki GSXR750J then put 1100 motor in it - much better!
BMW K100 (!)
Honda Fireblade '98 Got banned on it - oops!
Kawasaki ZX9R
Kawasaki ZX9R from new - mmmmmmmm........new
Honda VTR1000
Triumph Sprint RS
Honda VTR1000 (again) different one

Good mix I think. Always wanted a big 2 stroke but never had the money, now the prices ensure I'll still never buy one!
Vtrkidda

Post by Vtrkidda »

:thumbup:
Heres mine road legal any how in order
First cbt bikes on L plates

Tzr 125 '88
Gaciva mito evo italiian import 125, 89 this thing was fast as fudge 7 speed 120 on a runway :lol: :twisted:
Rs 125 ,99

Past test in 2000

Vfr 400 ,93 miss this :(
Zxr 400 89
Ninja 99 hated this :thumbdown: it felt wrong
Cbr 1000 89 jelly mold :lol: streetfighted it :lol: :crazy:
Tdm 850 street fighted this :lol: :crazy:
Kdx 200, 99 bit of green laning

Next bike is going to be a ducati pre 2000 shape and the storm maybe temped with a sp vtr depnds if my house sell ,as my new one will have a garge :clap:

Xr400 2003 loved this should of kept it :(
Bandit 600 97 ok bit slow
Lots of trials and motocross bikes

Always wanted a rs250 or a tzr,nsr,rgv 2 stroke for fun use :thumbup:
Loud pipes save lives!
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Lambretta 125
cz125
250 superdream....fully faired with one of those great big aftermarket fairings....of course
Honda Silverwing
Vfr750
Firestorm

Crikey, only 6!!!

Never ridden any other bike since I got the storm in 98
firestorm1997

Post by firestorm1997 »

Started as a teen on the 50cc Moped, then I had some shitters,,,CB175e Slopper that never ran and a BSA Batam 175 plus anything else I could lay me hands on...First Big bike was my Suzuki GT250. Great bike at the time. say progressed on to my next bike as at the time I thought it was but sadly it wasn't.. BSA Barracuda / Starfire 250cc great except it kept breaking down untill I killed it. Blew it up twice and gave up with it. Then it was a Honda CB500T, did me for a while, sold it to a mate who managed to blow that up. Had a short break from road bikes but had a Kawasaki KX420 dirt track bike..mad...
Back on the road with a Kawasaki Zypher 550, after that came the VTR and then the GSX..Best Bike to date Firestorm then the GSX1400..
Spiderman32

Post by Spiderman32 »

ok good one heres my list

kawasaki kx85 big wheel
suzuki rm 125
suzuki rm 250
(the motocross years)
kawasaki ar 125
suzuki gsxr 250
yamaha szr 660
honda fireblade "L reg"
suzuki katana 1280 (with turbo and nitrous) from big cc racing
kawasaki zxr 750 J1
as above with zx9r c2 motor
streetfightered triumph trident
kawasaki gpz 500 s
honda firestorm

well theres a checker pass forgot some of those i think i miss the katana the most as i've never owned anything since that was as fast
:D
Furrybiker

Post by Furrybiker »

Gosh I feel totally outclassed in this league.

CG125 1979 for 3 months too scary on main A roads
XT250 1980 till 1987 stolen, loved it, it was useless off road but great in town.
GPz550 A1 1985 Still have it, had it too long to sell it is now family!
VTR1000F 2009 2001 registered but a 2000 model, cant imagine replacing it
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

AMCQ46 wrote:Wow, you get bored quickly, or change your mind a lot :lol:

How long have you been riding to rack up that lot?
The problem is with Japanesse bikes I do get bored of them quickly, I don't know why.

The only bikes I regreted partying with are this CBR600 and VTR1000 Firestorm ( previous one ).

The Triumphs went because of height then having a £600 service charge asked for, otherwise I have no doubt I would still have the Speed triple now, the speed four was too high, where as the Speed triple was to hight but didnt have the bent over race posistion the speed four did.

And the Harley I still own which I bought in 2009 and have no plans on selling, EVER.

The VTR1000 will stay, I have room for three bikes, I will probably get a Triumph street triple ( £350 Service cost ) once I decorate the house.

And I have been riding since I was 17, without breaks and now I am coming up to 38.
futterbingers

Post by futterbingers »

And that's why we've had more bikes - just older! I'm 422 years old! :D
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

futterbingers wrote:And that's why we've had more bikes - just older! I'm 422 years old! :D
That's a bit more than JUST! 8O

Are you a Time Lord?
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

futterbingers wrote:And that's why we've had more bikes - just older! I'm 422 years old! :D
Suddenly I feel young again!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.