May Day Run to Hastings

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

pinkyfloyd

May Day Run to Hastings

Post by pinkyfloyd »

Early warning feelers out for a ride from Box Hill, Rykas to Hastings on Mayday. I went on a run last year with another forum and met up at Rykas with a fellow storm owner and he joined us for the ride. We meet at Rykas at 10Am and head through the countryside and arrive in Hastings in the afternoon. Last I done around a 200 mile round trip. Portsmouth - Rykas - Hastings - Portsmouth. Found some really nice roads and one donkey track which was interesting.

Anyone up for it?
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
tony.mon

Re: May Day Run to Hastings

Post by tony.mon »

Yeah, it's on my annual diary of stuff to do.
Don't go mad, though, too many speed traps etc.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

Tony we tend to travel from Rykas and stop off for a pick up at Haywards Heath but we dont use the main roads. When we hit Haywards Heath we make our way down to the A27 and then run along that to Hastings. But the first part is the fun part.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I meet up with some mates at Locks Bottom, and head down the main route from there.

As I said, too much attention for sillyness, and I'll probably have my daughter on the back anyway.
BarryH

Post by BarryH »

I went on one Mayday Run to Hastings. It was shite. I'd rather stay at home and shove rusty nails through my nuts. The roads were full of idiots and theres fook all to do once you get there. Forget hastings and have a run down to Rye instead. Be sure to take on the Udimore Bends.......
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Or the last few bends over and over again on the way through to Camber Sands......

as long as the wind hasn't blown sand over the road surface, that is.