From the Land of the Rising Sun

General Bike chat
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Any one bought these? I spotted a seller from china with good feedback selling them a while ago, think there are a few different versions of the repsol ones on ebay but imo these ones look the best with the repsol logo across the front too

when its back together if there still on ebay in the new year i might just get some as my bike looks like a poor excuse as its different colours all over

delivered these are cheaper than a paint job! ive had painted pillion cover for the 954 and that was fantastic quality too.

any one got them? would only need the tank paining orange and the black wing sticking on.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-VTR1000 ... 3f0ee79cc2

lloydie

Post by lloydie »

But you will still have to paint your tank

Sorry officer
The voices made me do it
encee

Re: From the Land of the Rising Sun

Post by encee »

Well they look good enough to me mate ?

At the end of the day, who`s walking around, when you pull up at a bike meet, checking to see if peeps have got the original fairings on ?.................nobody................ so if you like `em mate, get `em bought !

As I said, they look good to me, and if all you need is the tank painting then, you`re sorted ! :cool2
MJONESY

Post by MJONESY »

The fairing that goes round the headlight is not right, not to sure why though
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Wicked contacted a person on ebay that left positive feedback on these and they have just signed up on here so expect on the bike pictures soon

as I said only have to get the tank painted orange (possibly make a fibreglass skin like the late blades) and the wing put on and your set, could go one further and coat the frame black and wheels orange too.
mark r

Post by mark r »

i got a set for my bike , i would recommend them for the price, also they will do any colour scheme you want, the only problem i had was some of the threads were smaller than the original fixings, also you will need to put some heat shield on the fairing , they did supply a new tinted screen for £7.00 extra , pm me if you want more details i'll also try to get some photo's on here was just waiting for the bike to be totally finished :)
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

seb421 wrote:Wicked contacted a person on ebay that left positive feedback on these and they have just signed up on here so expect on the bike pictures soon

as I said only have to get the tank painted orange (possibly make a fibreglass skin like the late blades) and the wing put on and your set, could go one further and coat the frame black and wheels orange too.
i might have an orange tank for sale, 16ltr firestorm orange, i bought it ages ago and keep forgeting to pick it up, i should be picking it up this week, if your interested let me know, as soon as i pick it up i can give you a heads up on its condition......... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
seb421

Post by seb421 »

bigspanishmarty wrote:
seb421 wrote:Wicked contacted a person on ebay that left positive feedback on these and they have just signed up on here so expect on the bike pictures soon

i might have an orange tank for sale, 16ltr firestorm orange, i bought it ages ago and keep forgeting to pick it up, i should be picking it up this week, if your interested let me know, as soon as i pick it up i can give you a heads up on its condition......... :thumbup:
How much you want for the tank mate?

i have a spare black one or dark blue i think (dunno its been in the shed or garage roof for over a year) was thinking of just skinning it with fibreglass and getting that painted, like one of the tank covers on the later blades etc
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

hi mate
i'll try and pick it up tomorrow, and if its in good condition, probably £25 plus postage which might be around the £15 to £20 region.
once i've got it i'll post a picture for you mate. :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Just an update to let you know, Bought one of these sets today after a few emails with the seller to explain that I want a CBR929 / CBR954 Front Fender and not a Firestorm item

so will let you know how it goes in due course when it turns up,

They cant give me a paint code for the orange so will have to some how get a paint match for the orange to do the tank

seen this on ebay, but dont know how far off it will be?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Repsol-Orange ... 27c0e3afd8

Keep you updated with it turns up, fingers crossed it goes smooth.
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

if you go to a decent paintshop with a holts spectrometer they will be able to match the paint colour almost spot on if you take an item with the colour to be matched.
i know wigan paints can do it for u.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
seb421

Post by seb421 »

benny hedges wrote:if you go to a decent paintshop with a holts spectrometer they will be able to match the paint colour almost spot on if you take an item with the colour to be matched.
i know wigan paints can do it for u.

Superstar mate nice one!

How much would a tank spray cost at a guess ?
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

dunno m8 i just do em myself.
ask around for someone who'll do it as a private job, assuming theyve got a lowbake oven.
i cant spray atm cos its too cold... the paint wouldnt cure properly & could bloom a bit.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Got an email off a guy who's have turned up in the post, hes from the US

He's really happy with his and said the quality was spot on, cant wait to get mine now.

He's a few pics he sent me, said it also came with a windshield too

ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
Jester666

Post by Jester666 »

Deffo considering a set of these in black.

A smidge over £300 delivered?
I've been quoted £400 for a respray not including the hassle of me having to sand everything down, pack it and get it delivered as well as not having the bike whilst it's being done.

Plus I get nice shiny new panels! :D I'd have to sort the tank and decals out but it's still a pretty good deal!
Semper in faecibus sumus, sole profundum variat!
Silver 1998 'Storm! That keeps trying to kill me! And is leaving me soon! :(