WINTER PROJECT

General Bike chat
karenvtr

WINTER PROJECT

Post by karenvtr »

Well .... our winter project has arrived it was purchased for 200 quid its a bit rough but hopefully in a few weeks it will be looking better its a bit of nostalga for me as i remember wen i was a young lass my best mates older brother had one and i loved it... he took me for a spin on it once, i was hanging on for dear life (well was pretending to be scared so i could hug him :roll: )its a 1988 GPZ 500 and its green !... pics to follow if i ever work out how to post them :roll:
Flatline

Re: WINTER PROJECT

Post by Flatline »

looking forward to the pics and update
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

as above......... :thumbup:
start a new thread in the pimp your ride section so we can follow your trials and tribulations.... :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Good luck with your new project :thumbup:

Chris.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Like it, I have a soft spot for old bike form my yout as well :thumbup:

Was the 500 the one with twin shocks and a handlebar fairing? I think it was the 550 that was the unitrac .

Look forwards to the updates and photos
AMcQ
alec

Post by alec »

AMCQ46 wrote:Like it, I have a soft spot for old bike form my yout as well :thumbup:

Was the 500 the one with twin shocks and a handlebar fairing? I think it was the 550 that was the unitrac .

Blimey Al what cc was the penny farthing :lol:
98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home Image
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

alec wrote:
AMCQ46 wrote:Like it, I have a soft spot for old bike form my yout as well :thumbup:

Blimey Al what cc was the penny farthing :lol:
And what part of his youth was the softest?

Actually, strike that, I'd rather not know........
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

be good to see - mine was a green one, loved it at the time, about 88 I reckon, could it be, is it the old one!!
vtwin goody

Post by vtwin goody »

lookin forward to the pics :thumbup:
tinysmall

WINTER PROJECT

Post by tinysmall »

Funny that. We recently bought one of them for the wife when she passes her test. Rough as old boots but mechanically sound and should tidy up well. Good luck with the project. Ill look forward to seeing it come on.

Sent from my brain using my hands with that Tapatalk thingemybob.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience!
karenvtr

Post by karenvtr »

Thanks everyone ill post pics soon ...its already got 12 months tax and mot so thats a bonus and when its finished im gonna be using it for work as its cheaper to run than the tin box and theres no way im using the Storm on the salty roads ..so far we have blasted the wheels and repainted them white,treated the frame and repainted it ..not happy with it though so gonna redo it ..(i say we but its mainly my hubby doin the graft as ive hurt my back and i cant do much at mo )exhausts are completly knackered but one of the lads from the zx9 forum has sent us a pair for free which is awesome :D ..so far no probs except for a snapped manifold bolt poor bike has been proper neglected looks like its lived outside for most its life so its in need of much tlc ...so onward and upward with project "SHREK" :lol: